Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dark Souls  (Read 883 times)

Dark Souls
« on: April 12, 2012, 08:12:39 pm »
I got this game a month or so ago, and so far it's been the most entertaining gaming experience I've ever had. Skyrim was great as well, but it was far too easy and not very rewarding. Dialogue options are seriously lacking compared to Oblivion or any of the Fallout games. In Skyrim it also seems nobody reacts to events that happen in the game, generally speaking. Once I got to level 50 or something the game and it's similar but different fetch quests / dozens of unexplored similar but different caverns got old.

/ Skyrim rant, it is a beautiful game regardless.

Dark Souls!! Anyone else really into this game? I'm actually having trouble figuring out how to put down a summon sign and summon other players to help me fight this one boss. Taurus Demon, that is. The online features are some of the most original and innovative I've ever seen, as are the gameplay mechanics in general.

I tried summoning someone to my world but instead I got summoned. I helped them kill their Taurus Demon anyways, but I'd really like to figure this out. I do now realize that I have to be human, but before I waste a humanity I just want to be sure. Is the white sign soapstone used for summoning and being summoned?
Re: Dark Souls
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2012, 08:25:10 pm »
Wait a second, dialogue options in Skyrim are limited compared to Oblivion? NPCs had nothing to say in Oblivion...I'd say Skyrim is on par with the amount of dialogue in Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas.

I have not played Dark Souls. Look ok though :)
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2012, 08:37:18 pm »
  • I had to sew my face back on with string cheese
I've always found the Elder Scrolls games to be fairly bland but that might just be my tastes.  Dark Souls is coming to PC soon so I'll play it then since I don't have a PS3 or 360.
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2012, 08:49:36 pm »
Wait a second, dialogue options in Skyrim are limited compared to Oblivion? NPCs had nothing to say in Oblivion...I'd say Skyrim is on par with the amount of dialogue in Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas.

I have not played Dark Souls. Look ok though :)

Oh you might be right... Been a long while since I played Oblivion. However, dialogue options are not even close to Fallout 1, 2, 3, or New Vegas. There are too many times where NPCs will not react to events in the story, or have meaningful conversations with you. Not just random citizens, but important NPCs even. You can ask them about things sure, but you can't actually have a conversation with them most of the time. I want back and forth dialogue where I can ask question after question. Fallout games were much better at this, all the way back to the amazing first two in the series.

Not that Dark Souls has great dialogue either, it's more just like you talk to the NPC every now and then when there is one. No conversation, but they say interesting stuff, and at least each one has a different totally unique voice and stuff to say.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.189 seconds with 46 queries.