Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Request / Solved] Solid tiles? Messages?  (Read 2734 times)

link740

[Request / Solved] Solid tiles? Messages?
« on: April 24, 2006, 09:40:51 am »
Ok, I got all of the basics down. I got the zelda tiles... now, all I need is to make some of the tiles in the backround solid. (As in you can't go over them.) And also I need to be able to make characters talk, and make link be able to read signs... If you need the gamemaker file, then I'll give it to you.

-Link740
« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 12:33:58 pm by Niek »

King Tetiro

Leader of Phoenix Heart
Re: Solid tiles? Messages?
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2006, 09:46:06 am »
Right here's what you do. If you want certain impassible, you need to make a barrier like sprite (transparent). Make the object with the sprite. make it NOT visible and SOLID. Then you get your hero (In my case Laigonaz) and you make a collision saying stop if collided with barrier. Place the object in the game and you find you can't go through it.

Messages if for the last one if you want your hero to get something if you have something you do

If ______ has _________

Say this message _________

Do this

Else

Get the idea?
  • Phoenix Heart

Fox

Turnbeutelvergesser since 1988.
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2006, 11:16:29 am »
You could also do this for messages.
The sign-object will have the name "objSign" and your hero (the object that the player moves around) will be called "objLink". So then we could take the "Key-Press-Event" and take a preferable key to press if you want objLink to "read". What we put in as a code is:

if objLink.y=objSign.y+2
{
show_message("Hello, I'm a sign")
}

What happened, is that the objSign indicated that Link is standing on a y-position that is two pixels underneath the objSign. And if that is the case, then a message will pop up that reads "Hello, I'm a sign" (without the " though).(It's not always y+2, best try it yourself and insert different values until it works.)
  • Me on deviantART
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2006, 11:24:38 pm »
if objLink.y=objSign.y+2
{
show_message("Hello, I'm a sign")
}

What happened, is that the objSign indicated that Link is standing on a y-position that is two pixels underneath the objSign. And if that is the case, then a message will pop up that reads "Hello, I'm a sign" (without the " though).(It's not always y+2, best try it yourself and insert different values until it works.)

bad idea, you wouldn't necessarily have to be directly underneath the sign for that to work, you could move several steps to the left/right and it would still do it

Piers

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2006, 12:33:53 am »
I'd put under collision event:

if keyboard_check(ord('Z')){
 show_message("Hello, Piers is the best")
}

I'd get a texbox example though.

Lightz

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2006, 01:10:14 am »
Giving him a bunch of code will not help...No offense but he doesnt even know how to make a collision obj. Best way to learn is to play around with stuff. Download engines and try to decypher them(as best you can).

Piers

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2006, 01:11:47 am »
Giving him a bunch of code will not help...No offense but he doesnt even know how to make a collision obj. Best way to learn is to play around with stuff. Download engines and try to decypher them(as best you can).
We really need to make a very simple Zelda engine/tutorial. Maybe I should start one.=/

link740

« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2006, 10:17:11 pm »
Ok, got that down, but now I need to find a way to make the text box look like a zelda game's....like OOT2D? Any suggestions?

-Link740
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.205 seconds with 50 queries.

anything