Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Programming section  (Read 1570 times)

mit

Programming section
« on: March 25, 2007, 10:03:04 pm »
  • QBASIC programmer since age 4. Take that, world.
I'm aware it's not the most lively board ever, but I still think it needs clearing up.

- Requests should not be in the Tutorials and Examples section. That's what the main bit's for. Tutorials and Examples should be for tutorials and examples.
- The engines index needs clearing up. The hosting on friderwaves is fine, but it's not been updated in so long it's pathetic having it there. It should be just a good list of sites featuring examples.

I think that's it.
Programmer / Spriter / Level designer / Game Director / Web Designer / Music Sequencer for
Random Highscore table:

Play the Kousou Arcade today!
  • Kousou Games
Re: Programming section
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2007, 10:11:06 pm »
  • Minalien
Most of the requests are requests for tutorials or engines, though, so I dont see a need to remove them
There's such a double standard about religion in the modern world. Catholics can gather, wear white robes, and say "In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti" and be considered normal.

But if my friends and I gather, wear black robes, and say  "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn", we're considered cultists.
  • Development Blog

mit

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2007, 10:53:45 pm »
  • QBASIC programmer since age 4. Take that, world.
Most of the requests are requests for tutorials or engines, though, so I dont see a need to remove them
Then the tutorials and engines and main section should be merged, if there isn't going to be a difference. And besides, weren't we at one point trying to discourage asking for complete engines? The reason the tutorials and engines section was added was to separate the requests from the showings-off, I thought.
Programmer / Spriter / Level designer / Game Director / Web Designer / Music Sequencer for
Random Highscore table:

Play the Kousou Arcade today!
  • Kousou Games
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2007, 02:34:53 am »
  • Minalien
To my knowledge, it was to separate engine/tutorial posts from questions about programming, not requests
There's such a double standard about religion in the modern world. Catholics can gather, wear white robes, and say "In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti" and be considered normal.

But if my friends and I gather, wear black robes, and say  "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn", we're considered cultists.
  • Development Blog
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.509 seconds with 43 queries.

anything