Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: [youtube] tags?  (Read 6363 times)

Ryan

The only Canadian?
Re: [youtube] tags?
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2007, 02:48:20 pm »
Yeah that button would be really useful but wouldn't it be hard to add it?
  • Likes to Ramble
« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2007, 07:44:11 pm »
  • n___n
I disagree. Usually, for me (and probably some other members) embedded videos have a longer load time and play slower, laggier, choppier if you will. I feel like saying "loading as it plays, and that's the only way." It will only load if you play it, letting it stay paused doesn't advance loading. And the bad part of that is that it reaches the end of "playable" video, stops, and another chunk of "playable" video is tacked on and it plays to that part, then another chunk is tacked on...so on, so forth... I usually just click on the YouTube logo in the video to open the vid in Youtube, because it loads faster and plays smoother.

But maybe it's just me.
yo yo yo

araknid_kid@yahoo.com = email and MSN
HellsExecutionR = AIM
araknidude = XBox Live gamertag
« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2007, 08:57:47 pm »
I disagree. Usually, for me (and probably some other members) embedded videos have a longer load time and play slower, laggier, choppier if you will. I feel like saying "loading as it plays, and that's the only way." It will only load if you play it, letting it stay paused doesn't advance loading. And the bad part of that is that it reaches the end of "playable" video, stops, and another chunk of "playable" video is tacked on and it plays to that part, then another chunk is tacked on...so on, so forth... I usually just click on the YouTube logo in the video to open the vid in Youtube, because it loads faster and plays smoother.

But maybe it's just me.
Well it's probably pretty good for the general population, and if it is taking a long time to load after you press the play button araknidude, then press 'pause' and then simply click on the video area and it will open a new tab or window taking you to the actual video location where you can watch it straight from youtube instead. Yeah its a tiny little bit inconvenient for you to press on it, then click it again, rather then just clicking a link, but for the majority of us who don't have loading problems its very helpful.
We may be human. But we're still animals.
« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2007, 02:35:45 am »
  • n___n
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R98qC0fd_1w" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R98qC0fd_1w</a>

Spiffy, and it loads pretty quickly.

Edit: Just noticed 2 things:

1. While video is playing, all animated items except the video, stop. Animated avatars, the "online" icon...they stop playing. Pausing the vid re-activates their animations, but when it's running, all other animations freeze.
2. In Firefox 2.00.002 (or whatever the hell version it is) you cant change tabs while video is playing.

But maybe those are just problems for me.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2007, 02:41:59 am by araknidude »
yo yo yo

araknid_kid@yahoo.com = email and MSN
HellsExecutionR = AIM
araknidude = XBox Live gamertag
« Reply #24 on: March 14, 2007, 02:36:28 am »
No need to post a video, Helios did and proved it worked :P
the a o d c
« Reply #25 on: March 14, 2007, 02:39:49 am »
  • :D
Er.... For some reason I can't play or click on the videos you guys have posted here.  Youtube usually works for me, and embedded youtube on other sites always works too O_o
« Reply #26 on: March 14, 2007, 02:44:55 am »
Make sure your theme is the green one?
the a o d c

Ryan

The only Canadian?
« Reply #27 on: March 14, 2007, 02:45:23 am »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R98qC0fd_1w" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R98qC0fd_1w</a>

Spiffy, and it loads pretty quickly.

Edit: Just noticed 2 things:

1. While video is playing, all animated items except the video, stop. Animated avatars, the "online" icon...they stop playing. Pausing the vid re-activates their animations, but when it's running, all other animations freeze.
2. In Firefox 2.00.002 (or whatever the hell version it is) you cant change tabs while video is playing.

But maybe those are just problems for me.
Wha dude it's true. That's not to good. Not that it does much but it's still not good.
  • Likes to Ramble
« Reply #28 on: March 14, 2007, 02:49:51 am »
It's version 2.0.0.2.
the a o d c

Ryan

The only Canadian?
« Reply #29 on: March 14, 2007, 02:56:20 am »
Hey wait. I just played the video and nothing froze but my online icon. So maybe it is just you. It is pretty much fine for me now.
  • Likes to Ramble
« Reply #30 on: March 14, 2007, 03:03:21 am »
I have never experienced those problems, I'm guessing you were also one of those people who experienced slow scrolling.

I can only come to the conclusion that your computer sucks ass.  From my understanding Firefox adjusts itself to use the maximum performance of whatever machine its on and that's purposely paused animated elements to prevent the slowdown of your machine when playing the embedded video.
« Reply #31 on: March 14, 2007, 03:13:53 am »
I can only come to the conclusion that your computer sucks ass.
That made my day. I can't stop laughing.
the a o d c
« Reply #32 on: March 14, 2007, 03:43:40 am »
  • w00t
I too cannot click on it to start the video.  But that's alright, as I can move the cursor around until I can click on it to bring me to the actual Youtube page on it. 
What do you mean I need a life?  =P  Hm... Lives... Isn't that something that you get in Super Mario Bros?  You know, those green mushrooms?  That's a life, right?

My one and only fangame, Link Maze, may be viewed at http://www.zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=82.0
  • Link Maze - Zelda mini fangame
« Reply #33 on: March 14, 2007, 09:16:31 am »
I just tested both Infinitus' and arak's videos. Both worked fine.
the a o d c
« Reply #34 on: March 14, 2007, 04:13:44 pm »
Who really cares if some animations might stop for some users while viewing a youtube video? You said yourself that when you pause it, it comes back, so do you really need to see things animated while watching the video anyways? Are you not watching the video? As long as it doesn't stay that way its not really a big issue imo.
We may be human. But we're still animals.
« Reply #35 on: March 14, 2007, 04:35:33 pm »
  • I murder your toys as well
It also freezes animations for me, but its really no big deal :P

This user is on indefinite hiatus.
  • Facebook - Jeremy Elliott
« Reply #36 on: March 14, 2007, 10:47:20 pm »
I have never experienced those problems, I'm guessing you were also one of those people who experienced slow scrolling.

I can only come to the conclusion that your computer sucks ass.  From my understanding Firefox adjusts itself to use the maximum performance of whatever machine its on and that's purposely paused animated elements to prevent the slowdown of your machine when playing the embedded video.

My computer doesn't suck ass in the least..  I have 2 gigs of ram and an Intel Core 2 Duo Processor, which is a decent to good processor.  And I doubt graphics card has anything do do with it, but I have a great Nvidia GeForce 9750 GX2, which is a very good card.  I also have 600 gb of HD space and a high limit on my FF cache so it couldn't be related to that.  Need more?  I'm running the newest version of Firefox on Windows XP.  My computer pwns, don't assume !@#$% about it. 
« Reply #37 on: March 14, 2007, 11:09:35 pm »

My computer doesn't suck ass in the least..  I have 2 gigs of ram and an Intel Core 2 Duo Processor, which is a decent to good processor.  And I doubt graphics card has anything do do with it, but I have a great Nvidia GeForce 9750 GX2, which is a very good card.  I also have 600 gb of HD space and a high limit on my FF cache so it couldn't be related to that.  Need more?  I'm running the newest version of Firefox on Windows XP.  My computer pwns, don't assume about it. 
Now this is where I say, "that was a completely random and unneeded response to a response that was obviously not directed at you."
« Reply #38 on: March 14, 2007, 11:13:23 pm »

My computer doesn't suck ass in the least..  I have 2 gigs of ram and an Intel Core 2 Duo Processor, which is a decent to good processor.  And I doubt graphics card has anything do do with it, but I have a great Nvidia GeForce 9750 GX2, which is a very good card.  I also have 600 gb of HD space and a high limit on my FF cache so it couldn't be related to that.  Need more?  I'm running the newest version of Firefox on Windows XP.  My computer pwns, don't assume about it. 
Now this is where I say, "that was a completely random and unneeded response to a response that was obviously not directed at you."
Who was it directed at then?  The post above yours said "I have no more problems", and my post was the first post before his referring to an error.
« Reply #39 on: March 14, 2007, 11:41:33 pm »

Who was it directed at then?  The post above yours said "I have no more problems", and my post was the first post before his referring to an error.
It doesn't say "I have no more problems" at all, if you even read his post.  He simply stated that the problems he has aren't as severe as the problems araknidude is experiencing.  I was just continuing on that conversation in response to him as well.

If you were to fully read my response you'd of noticed I didn't at all reference to the problems your having.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 74 queries.

anything