Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: (PH Spoilers) PH Rips!  (Read 8111 times)

Re: (PH Spoilers) PH Rips!
« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2007, 12:25:56 am »
  • Save the Sprites! Save as .PNG
these are completely awsome, not to sound like a noob but PH is for Nintendo DS am i right?
  • Google
« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2007, 01:20:51 am »
these are completely awsome, not to sound like a noob but PH is for Nintendo DS am i right?
Ya rly.

Maybe it has something to do with the format(the color thing that is).
« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2007, 02:03:20 am »
I think there's like 5 different color options to choose from, he's got it set on vga (bright colors) while you probably got it on gba or ds (dull colors, does it for "realism" i guess :/).  I personally prefer vga, though it has been argued before which mode they should be in when ripping.
« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2007, 02:50:00 pm »
  • odens knop
whatever, I feel that they are rips, so they should be the original. I guess it's up to the user what to choose.  I'm not sure if they mix good though.  :S

[Edit]

I started ripping sprites from The Legend of Zelda Phantom Hourglass for the Nintendo DS, here's what I got before my emu crashed:

YA'RLY!

[Edit2]

Also, Moldy, mind posting the source saying that Photoshop changes the .PNG colors? kthx
« Last Edit: June 25, 2007, 02:53:08 pm by Linky »
|LEUS HERTAN MINAT|
« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2007, 04:55:26 pm »
  • Lionfish App dev
http://www.zfgc.com/index.php?topic=18073.0

Theres a source. Check out the first post, and then quick scroll to the last post. See the difference? That's from Moldrill using Photoshop to play. Every time he runs it through it gets duller and duller. We both have photoshop, and it happens to both of us when saving things.
  • Lionfish Apps
« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2007, 09:03:36 pm »
  • odens knop

Here's number 1 and 10 side by side:

I don't see any difference.  BTW I made the text, saved and .PNG, closed Photoshop, opened it again, opened the file, saved it as file2.png, closed PS, opened it again, opened file2.png, etc...etc...  still no difference or dull colors.
|LEUS HERTAN MINAT|
« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2007, 09:18:10 pm »
  • Fear my Blades
PNG images colors are effected when shown in a web-browser, if you copy the image from a website and save it as PNG, put it up on the web and repeat multiple times the effect is cumulative.

Whats happening with the colors here has to do with the emulators you're using, most handhelds have slightly different colors than computers so each emulator has it's own filter for converting them, and they might be different.

EDIT: Oh, wait, you said you're both using No$gba?  What are each of your settings for "GBA Mode" under Emulation Setup?  That sets the color filter.  If I had to guess, I'd said Desgardes is using VGA mode, and Linky's using one of the other ones (They all seem to effect DS images the same way)
« Last Edit: June 25, 2007, 09:26:41 pm by Atrius »

I've done it (sorta)!  Bloom Lighting in GameMaker, and 3D mode too!  Check out the awesome Screen Saver.
  • Kousou Games
« Reply #27 on: June 25, 2007, 09:26:53 pm »
I peronsonally think the duller rips are better.

They hurt mah eyes less D:
Hello, mom?
« Reply #28 on: June 25, 2007, 09:30:17 pm »
  • odens knop
@Atrius:  I use Nintendo DS mode.

@Zonney:  yeah thats what I thought, they look smoother and stuff.
|LEUS HERTAN MINAT|
« Reply #29 on: June 25, 2007, 10:24:50 pm »
  • Doesn't afraid of anything
Those intro pics are awesome XD

i love big weenies and i cannot lie
« Reply #30 on: June 25, 2007, 11:07:16 pm »
  • SHOOP DA WOOP
I've been trying to rip the models, but i've been having trouble D:
Me too, did you try 3D PrintScreen? It rips from programs that run with OpenGl. Although I haven't been able to get it to work with iDeaS.

And I wouldn't recommend OGLE. It's needlessly complicated.
« Reply #31 on: June 25, 2007, 11:56:58 pm »
wierd, I ripped straight from the game as well.  I print screened it, put it in Photoshop and saved it as .PNG and uploaded...  :-\
The thing is that your rips look like that on a normal DS. The brighter screenshots you see are taken from a DS lite. I assume you use no$gba to rip right? ifso go to the options>Emulation setup>GBA mode and choose "VGA (Poppy bright)"!
« Reply #32 on: June 26, 2007, 08:14:32 pm »
You need VGA! VGA is the correct colour mode for no$gba!

I have experience, ripping from Gyakuten Saiban 4 (Phoenix Wright 4) :).
« Reply #33 on: June 26, 2007, 10:20:02 pm »
  • odens knop
You need VGA! VGA is the correct colour mode for no$gba!

your mother

The thing is that your rips look like that on a normal DS. The brighter screenshots you see are taken from a DS lite.

oh yeah, I didn't think of that...  :-\  well the hardcore gamers had a DS on the release, and are hopefully not dumb enough to go out and buy a Lite that doesnt have any more features.  DS PHAT FTW! D:

Hmm, theres not much else to rip from this game, atleast that I know of, since most of it is 3D.  perhaps the menu later in the game, since more items will be in there.  perhaps in the end of the game there will be an outro set of images just like the intro.  if anyone can find a save from the end of the game please PM it to me.  In the mean time I don't think there will be any updates tight butthole, just mainly discussions about .PNG and color modes.  in sweden we say "smaken är som baken", and it translates to something like "the taste is like the ass", which some nifty viking prolly drew connections to "everyone has a different taste", because thats pretty much what it means, not literally that is.  thanks!
|LEUS HERTAN MINAT|
« Reply #34 on: June 26, 2007, 11:07:31 pm »
  • [sic]
VGA > GBA/DS, then. love the artwork but lord, the wide eyes are creepy

pxl_moon (dotyue)

Team Dekunutz
« Reply #35 on: June 27, 2007, 04:42:30 am »
  • .越//
:-\  well the hardcore gamers had a DS on the release, and are hopefully not dumb enough to go out and buy a Lite that doesnt have any more features.  DS PHAT FTW! D:

i have "teh phat" still too :D
and the light isnt "so much better" i think... its almost like you would buy a gba micro when you still have an gba

( btw. i had the demo of metroid with it... is it out already? didnt see it in stores until now )

~~Resources~~
~Minish Cap Style~

Minish Cap Beta:Firerod Icon, Majoras Mask:ChuChu, Ocarina of Time:Gossip Stone, Oracle Series:Link plays the "Herpes of Ages", Impa, Wand Maker: HUD
~GB-Zelda Style~
Ocarina of Time: Deku Caca
~Other~
Paper Mario Style Zelda&Link, Tetra Trackers HUD-Cleanups

« Reply #36 on: June 27, 2007, 08:54:28 am »
Um, no, VGA is really the correct colour mode for DS emulation. It has nothing to do with screenshots taken on a DS Lite or not. Stop messing with my mind, I know my stuff :P.
« Reply #37 on: June 27, 2007, 04:28:18 pm »
Lmao, the intro is funny. I love that, in two opening pictures, Links feet are backwards. Like, creepy backwards, the kind you see are Ripleys and at freak shows. Nice rips though, they could help people with their games. I'd think MC style works good for this, mirite?
« Reply #38 on: June 27, 2007, 05:20:05 pm »
:-\  well the hardcore gamers had a DS on the release, and are hopefully not dumb enough to go out and buy a Lite that doesnt have any more features.  DS PHAT FTW! D:

and the light isnt "so much better" i think... its almost like you would buy a gba micro when you still have an gba

( btw. i had the demo of metroid with it... is it out already? didnt see it in stores until now )
I've also heard it called the DSKnite. Cause its shiny, and clunky. :P But yeah, I kill my handhelds, so I need the durability of a DSPhat.

This is an awesome style even if it isn't "cool."

pxl_moon (dotyue)

Team Dekunutz
« Reply #39 on: June 27, 2007, 05:27:00 pm »
  • .越//

I've also heard it called the DSKnite. Cause its shiny, and clunky. :P But yeah, I kill my handhelds, so I need the durability of a DSPhat.

This is an awesome style even if it isn't "cool."

its has nothing to do with "cool"
its just:
A L33T PHAT STYLISH RETRO UNKILLABLE AND UNDESTROYABLE COOL M*****F***** HANDHELD WITH NOMORE MON'AY NEEDED ANYMORE

do you want?

1x DSFLAT + 1x Game? or better still use the DSPHAT + buy 3-4x Games

~~Resources~~
~Minish Cap Style~

Minish Cap Beta:Firerod Icon, Majoras Mask:ChuChu, Ocarina of Time:Gossip Stone, Oracle Series:Link plays the "Herpes of Ages", Impa, Wand Maker: HUD
~GB-Zelda Style~
Ocarina of Time: Deku Caca
~Other~
Paper Mario Style Zelda&Link, Tetra Trackers HUD-Cleanups

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.17 seconds with 75 queries.