Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Opinions on Smart Talk  (Read 2514 times)

Opinions on Smart Talk
« on: September 20, 2007, 10:51:02 pm »
I want to know what you all think about it.  Anything.  Comments on why you think it is good or bad, or whatever.  I need feedback >.<. 
Re: Opinions on Smart Talk
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2007, 10:54:02 pm »
  • :D
I love the concept, except... Right now you have a system where people have to ASK you to join the board, right?  If it were me, I would let everybody in all at once... but set the rules so we can kick them out for any non-smart posts, or even the slightest bend of the rules.  That way it's heavily moderated, and only the mature discussion stays (and it will get it more active right off the bat.)
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2007, 12:01:30 am »
I partially agree with Limey.

That board seems to me as the extreme opposite of a SPAM board - the SPAM board used to have pointless and annoying posts, while Smart Talk, I suppose, would have content-full and relevant posts, which is very good to the forums.

But it is important to have a high number of members posting to keep the board active. It's been stated that forum rules are much strictier in that board, so I believe members know that they should leave unserious posts and topics to other boards. In my opinion, it would be better this way: let all the members with 5 hearts post in that board, except the ones who are too new and aren't used to the forum's global rules. EDIT: But keep the possibility of banning a member from that board.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2007, 12:03:47 am by sjegtp »
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2007, 01:15:17 am »
I like the concept, but how you started the smart talk idea is bad, as said before you should allow everyone in( this might cause spam), so my idea is to set people above 500 or so post inside smart talk, and if anyone below 500 want to enter they should pm you, that way new users aren't allowed to go in reducing spam in smart talk.
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2007, 01:22:18 am »
If there were a way to ban users from a specific board, then I would do that, but I like the idea about post count.  The thing is, I want the board to be seen, but only certain members can post in it.  It is complicated, but not really.

I will just set the board permissions of that board to general permissions though, so anyone can post.  However, if this gets out of hand, then people will be warned.  And if people like that kept returning to the board, then they would just get warned until they were banned, that makes sense. 

Alright, it will be an open board.
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2007, 01:34:23 am »
Right now I am trying to figure out if the ability to deny permissions based in the local permission settings works the way I think it does.  It took forever to get the permissions back to global, lol.  Oh well, it works now for everyone, I think, I will figure out better methods as I go.

Edit: No, that option to deny is different, I should remember this !@#$% from earlier, gah.  The search continues.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2007, 01:37:33 am by 4Sword »
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2007, 02:17:25 am »
I think the whole forum should be like that.
Why allow stupid/retarded/spammy posts all through ZFGC?
It just keeps the overall forum I.Q. down, and makes this place look like a breeding ground for simple-minded 13 year old geeks.

Save that !@#$% for the spam board.
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2007, 02:25:49 am »
The creation of this board does not change the rest of the forum, spam is still spam and will be dealt with as such.  Every other board is at a normal level, but the board I created is for above that.  No one should be godly intellectual and overthinking everywhere else on the forum, lol.  I was only planning on the Smart Talk board to be like a think tank of those who wanted to be above and beyond, not that I was taking the intelligence out, I was giving it a place to shine.
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2007, 08:39:09 am »
Well, in my opinion. Creating a smart talking board like this, is just like saying "Here goes all non-spam, and you may spam in another board!". That would be no different from having a spam board and a Community Speak board. People will possibly talk smart in the community board, and spam in other boards. I think the idea is in another side a good idea and a bad idea. Perhaps if it won't make people spam in other boards.

And for kicking out members while talking un-smart, talking smart is usually just an opinion from the Moderators. If they think you're not right, or talk childish. You get kicked for their opinion.

(just what I think)
  • Virtual Security
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2007, 02:51:44 pm »
Well, in my opinion. Creating a smart talking board like this, is just like saying "Here goes all non-spam, and you may spam in another board!". That would be no different from having a spam board and a Community Speak board. People will possibly talk smart in the community board, and spam in other boards. I think the idea is in another side a good idea and a bad idea. Perhaps if it won't make people spam in other boards.
Wait... note one thing please:
---SPAM = forbidden in the global rules, are completely pointless and annoying posts. They get (or are supposed to get) deleted when a moderator sees them.
---Avarage posts = they have content, sometimes a lot, sometimes only a few, but also a bit of fun, a bit of offtopic, sometimes they may contain flaming or trolling, some have too much net language (like "U R N IDOIT!!1 D-:<"), etc. but they still have content.
---Smart posts = Only have content (Or at least that's what I understood...)
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2007, 04:44:47 pm »
Wait... note one thing please:
---SPAM = forbidden in the global rules, are completely pointless and annoying posts. They get (or are supposed to get) deleted when a moderator sees them.
---Avarage posts = they have content, sometimes a lot, sometimes only a few, but also a bit of fun, a bit of offtopic, sometimes they may contain flaming or trolling, some have too much net language (like "U R N IDOIT!!1 D-:<"), etc. but they still have content.
---Smart posts = Only have content (Or at least that's what I understood...)
Oh, then I meant spam in the way of "Worse average posts". So not really spamming a lot, but some anoying, offtopic and net language talking. Like Average post which are close to spam posts.
  • Virtual Security

Dantztron 3030

Mammy's Favorite Storyteller!
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2007, 04:57:40 pm »
  • b e p i s
I think it's a great idea, but being invite only will probably create n00b tension. You know, "BAWWWWW I WANNA BE A MEMBER CUZ IM MATURE BAWWWWWWWW." That thar is a problem.
well i dont have that system and it is very hard to care about everything when you are single
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.152 seconds with 59 queries.