Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 16   Go Down

Author Topic: [Screens] LOZ 3D  (Read 63714 times)

Re: [WIP] LOZ 3D
« Reply #220 on: February 16, 2009, 06:50:34 pm »
Its your call on sticking to the game 100% or throwing in your own flavor :P
Game Designer and Artist

My Zelda Projects Official Site:
http://unicornslair.byethost17.com

I encourage you, please rate my Project here!
  • The Legend of Zelda: Secret Depths of the Unicorns Lair
« Reply #221 on: April 05, 2009, 11:06:12 pm »
Anything new Zelda Knack? Demo by any chance??? I really like this project don't let it die!
« Reply #222 on: April 06, 2009, 06:40:50 am »
I wonder the same. I check this topic like everyday and i have showed it to like every single friend, dont let it die now.
« Reply #223 on: April 08, 2009, 09:53:29 pm »
I think you, the author of this game, need to ask other people about the colors since you are color-blind yourself.

Sure, it would be great but once you are done you should ask others to help you or find a way to tell if colors are a particular way or not, it helps dramatically.

Another thing is, do NOT push yourself too hard as I made that EXACT same mistake and then started easy and now I am pushing my limits due to how I started out small.
Take it easy because not everything you do will have a smooth land :3

Take your time, think of your game and how you feel about it compared to the original.
A TYPICAL scenario is when we get ideas even IF we based said game (your game for example) on A Link to the Past.
You wanted to make a re-make in 3D but changed things and now keep thinking of changes to make... really you should just keep to your original plan to make it a re-make and when it is done, maybe you can release a modification of the re-make to be different in graphics and other aspects but keep the game itself the same.

Its great to be creative but when people do not put their thoughts or imagination forth we begin to forget what we were originally planning to do.

I recommend taking a new fresh look at your game every week or month (which is what I do with my games) and decide if things look good or bad, doesn't fit or just doesn't make the cut.
Its easy to think of things you want to do but to actually get it in is a battle in itself :3

Take your time, its not like you are on a dead-line and you should be happy with yourself, others are only here to encourage and give you ideas, so take that to heart :3

If you have any problems with models, animations, textures or anything in the game, let me know because I have a LOT of experience :)
Game Designer and Artist

My Zelda Projects Official Site:
http://unicornslair.byethost17.com

I encourage you, please rate my Project here!
  • The Legend of Zelda: Secret Depths of the Unicorns Lair
« Reply #224 on: April 09, 2009, 02:26:15 am »
  • 1 Man Army making Hylian Legends
I'm a getting there ;-)

Thankfully the GameCore engine is being finally finalized now- and my heart system should, in
theory still be working fully with it.
Once that's done - as I've lost my compilations a few times now due to it being reworked dramatically; I will be putting together a good 'demo'. Such a thing should only be a few weeks after they finish the engine.

For those interested in what the GameCore3d engine is capable of - you can go to their website at gamecore3d.com...

still reworking on tree models and such- as the way the forest was looking was just *off*
to me, I apologize about the lack of updates though..

Coding side- I still have to investigate how to get the shops working / rupee collecting
being more than just for show.

I also don't know how to get the hookshot or boomerang programmed *shrugs*
But blocking and attacking works now.
Secondary attacking also works mostly- shooting a beam of light when hearts are full should
be an easy tweak that I've just been slacking on.

You're right though Janet- I do need help with colors at times- just using math for it gets... Hard at times.

As to recoloring- well, all the files will be easily editable, and available for free to this and 1-2 more communities upon finishing. That's every 3d model. Every texture. Everything I've put into it. With luck, the art and models will be compatible with at least the Blender game engine as well so that those without the $ for the actual engine will be able to use the assets for their own zelda fan games.

I now have over 2400 animations that have been re-tweaked for easier implementation,
thankfully... Many of which will likely be in-game. Those animations that are bound to models will be kept that way for others to tweak with, under a Term of Service that will be revealed on release.

The project is *not* dead, it's just been moving slower than I'd like ;-) and most of that fault is on major overhauls to the game engine that have broken things dramatically for me at times... Doesn't break the content or models I have- just very upsetting.
« Reply #225 on: April 09, 2009, 08:31:53 pm »
  • Pichuscute
Sounds good. Can't wait for the demo.

Lil Vivi

« Reply #226 on: April 10, 2009, 03:19:20 pm »
This game looks really nice x.x I hope you the best luck on it! Oh and the models are fantastic. Can't wait for a demo ^^;;.
« Reply #227 on: April 13, 2009, 02:48:23 am »
Teaser shot of Lynel enemy (untextured), low-poly.

Let me know what you think.
« Reply #228 on: April 13, 2009, 12:12:58 pm »
wow amazing :)
« Reply #229 on: April 14, 2009, 12:36:49 am »
  • Pichuscute
Looks nice, but that area in between the two front legs is really bothering me XD
« Reply #230 on: April 14, 2009, 07:00:05 pm »
Lol I will be fixing that little glitch ;-)

Just wanted to share a lil of my progress
As it's the first 3d lynel made as so far as
I'm aware ;-)
« Reply #231 on: April 29, 2009, 04:16:00 pm »
Update:

Have newly modeled:
*Bow-Wow
*Armos Knights
*Working on Lanmola, should be done in few days with it.

Need to skin:
*Lynel
*Bow-Wow
*Armos Knights

Not sure how to animate Bow-Wow's chain-limited movement properly.. Suggestions would
be great :-)

Lynel I'm hopeful on as it seems that I *should* be able to merge a pair of skeletons and us the combined rigs along with motionblending to get things right with him.

The new Hero character model is working decently, wish I was better at rigging..

Janet- and any others, if you want to help out, that'd be great! In exchange you'll
have very early access to the models to use in your own projects, as well as beta
entrance (which of course will go to the people who actually post here too, ie:
Pichuscute, Cheesepie, Janet, LTGH, etc.)

In regards to the engine:
Looks like GameCore3d 2.0x is going to work well, no real new incompatibilities, heart system,
pick up & throw, melee combat (with shield blocking), and coin system still seem to be
working fairly properly.

I was gifted with an Arteria3d membership this last weekend as well, and will likely be trying
to bring their level of polish into the game.. Thus far I think my characters (base models at
least) should be able to look fairly at home amongst the quality of arteria's products. The aid
of such a huge boon model-wise should be fairly readily apparent to everyone when it comes
to working on Hyrule Castle, Hyrule Town, and some of the beach and desert areas I'm
planning on adding. Those should all be fairly close to drag & drop now with this addition asset
wise :-)

Questions? Comments? Want to help? Let me know :-) I thrive on the community's words.

Verrrrrrrrrrrrry serious though on help always welcome :-)
« Reply #232 on: April 29, 2009, 08:57:29 pm »
  • Pichuscute
Ooh, a Bow-wow. That sounds interesting. Too bad I can't help, I have no experience with 3d models at all =/. Anyway, it's always nice to see a new update. Keep up the good work.
« Reply #233 on: April 29, 2009, 11:31:10 pm »
Armos Knights, brilliant i say. I would be happy if i could be your beta testers. Looks really good. keep the updates coming please. This is my favorite game here :D
« Reply #234 on: April 30, 2009, 02:13:14 pm »
Pichuscute-

Muwahahaha - just wait till you see the Bow-Wow  >:D
He is evvvvvvvvvvillllll! :)

I appreciate the comments though, keep 'em coming ;)

Cheesepie-

Favorite game??? w00t!!

Also, the Lanmola- is starting to give me chills a bit >:D It will be a **boss**, to inspire
fear and danger :)

I do hope that the posters in this thread give me some sort of character descriptions so
that at some point in this project I can create a character based on them in the game...
A 3d 'zfgc' community game as this community is honestly one of the driving factors on me
keeping it going :)
« Reply #235 on: April 30, 2009, 02:32:52 pm »
Not sure how to animate Bow-Wow's chain-limited movement properly.. Suggestions would
be great :-)

Just a little comment that might or might not help.

I'm not familiar with 3d techniques, but it shouldn't be too hard to solve it. In 2d I would just make a Bow-Wow with a limited movement area and a routine to create the chain in between the Bow-Wow and the origin coordinates. The movement limitation should be doable through a stepwise routine that checks if it's about to leave it's area.

The chain could be done by creating an x number of chain pieces. Calculate the line between Bow Wow and it's origin and spread the pieces equally along the line. You'll get open spaces if you do this when the Bow Wow is far away, but then again that might be not be that bad. Gives you a exaggerated sense of the distance and it limits the number of objects used. To negate this just make the number of pieces linearly dependant on the distance.

---------------

Update: I was thinking. You could go one or two steps further.
To create the effect of the chain hanging towards the ground you could use a hyperbolic formule. Consider the line between Bow Wow and origin as the x-axis. Now use the formule y = x ^ (-i), where y is the height on top of the line's height, where x is the distance along the line with x=0 at the middle and where i is a positive variable based on the distance between Bow Wow and its origin. When the chain is fully stretched i should be 0 resulting in a straight line.
With this you can calculate the height for each chainlink. Just use the formule at certain intervals to calculate. The angle of each link could be calculated by the use of the Pythagoras formule.

If you want you could go even farther. You now have calculations based on a straight line between your Bow Wow and it's origin, but that's only for calculating. If want the chain to lie on the ground in a (somewhat) realistic method only use the above method to calculate height and angle for your chain links using the full chain's length as x and the actual distance to Bow Wow as a bases for i. The x and y location on the ground (per chain link) could then be separately determined based on Bow Wow's previous positions and movement. Or, if you want to make it really complex use the origins movemens as well.

It can be made as realistically as you want it to be. All it takes is logic .... plus LOTS of trail and error and efficiency tradeoffs. XD
« Last Edit: April 30, 2009, 05:34:06 pm by Martijn dh »
« Reply #236 on: April 30, 2009, 07:57:28 pm »
  • Pichuscute
I'll sprite my characyter for you sometime as I'm no good with descriptions. And that post looks like its helpful^^^^. Anyway, this is my favorite game on here as well and your ctually working on it!!!
« Reply #237 on: May 31, 2009, 10:23:20 am »
A couple of shots of the Lynel Enemy model, now with Textures ;-)

Please let me know what you all think, would be nice to get some
feedback / encouragement / thoughts / help / etc.

// edit-
This is NOT a render, it is in game, and has multiple LOD's.
Texture is 1024 (will get shrunk to 512 soonishk). Highest polycount (of enemy, as shown) is approx 3.5k.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2009, 10:44:10 am by zeldaknack »
« Reply #238 on: June 01, 2009, 12:40:15 am »
  • Pichuscute
totally forgot about my char. sprite. will get to that soon.....
anyway, that model looks great, keep up the great work.
« Reply #239 on: January 22, 2010, 03:09:30 pm »
Is this project canceled?
I have waited for a new post for months  :(
I mean, it was months ago you mentioned the demo, and im waiting.. and waiting.. and waiting.. but it seems like it just wont happen..
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 16   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.072 seconds with 75 queries.