Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lots of Stuff  (Read 1738 times)

Lots of Stuff
« on: June 08, 2008, 07:16:36 pm »
The Work-in Progress sections tagging rules are not enforced well.

In Debates, there are topics regarding Smart Talk and weekly topics of discussion, these are unneeded.

In Gaming and Entertainment, the TrackMania game, while neat as it may be does not require that the topic be stickied in that there is not sufficient interest.

In Community Speak, the ZFGC Regulars topic should be moved to the Topic Archive as it is filled, it has no active function, and is arguably more suited for that board.

In Other Discussion, The YTMND Topic died and is over a year of inactivity. It should thus be unstickied for clutter control. 

The Topic Archive should either get some new additions or something as its use is purpose is not being used.  While it is clear it is there to store old topics, nothing new has been added to it for a while. Then again, I guess that the Super Smash Bros Brawl board as well as other boards like it will go there.

The ZFGC Community Project Management board is showing that is has no real use.  It is taking up important space because of this.

The "Constructive Posts" should be changed back to "Posts" as Lunar is no longer active and the joke is dead.

There is almost sixteen pages of members with zero posts. These members on the condition that they have been here longer than a set amount of time should be pruned.

Of course, this is just my opinion.
Re: Lots of Stuff
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2008, 07:29:29 pm »
Actually, you are right in everything, and they are alot of useless stickied threads that haven't been active in 6 months..

I would like to add that the Archive of Tutorials/Engines/Examples, Archive of Sound & Music, Archive of Graphical Art, should be moved to the Topic Archives board, since they are archives and people tend to post in these dead boards.
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2008, 07:40:22 pm »
Moving those boards though is questionable since they are still viably used.  If they were moved, then the only other outlet for a person to post something that they would otherwise post there would be a cluttered mess in the Development or Resources section.  If anything, assuming that there is going to be SMF 2.0 to which this problem would be resolved, then waiting is what should be done or something similar to where function is not lost.

Then again, I guess it wouldn't be that much of a difficult thing to do to lock the boards.  They are viably used, but not because they are supposed to be.
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2008, 07:41:18 pm »
Probably better as a PM to a staff member, however I agree with most of those points, I'll go and deal with them in a sec.
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2008, 07:45:05 pm »
Probably better as a PM to a staff member, however I agree with most of those points, I'll go and deal with them in a sec.

I was not sure if my ideas were too controversial, so I thought that I would ask them publicly as a means to see if anyone thought the same way.  That, and I figured Feedback was an appropriate place to give suggestions and voice concerns.  I figured that if I also would PM a staff member that it would leave everyone out of the loop, staff included, as to what one person was doing.  Sorry if this post makes no sense.  And thanks for the quick response.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.263 seconds with 44 queries.