Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Patron.  (Read 1782 times)

Hoffy

Hero of Fire
The Patron.
« on: August 09, 2008, 02:01:38 am »
  • Silly cat!
I haven't worked on a project in quite some time. The last I contributed to was AoDC's Oracle of Life, in which I managed all things graphics, maps, etc. Before that was The Legend of ZFGC, a popular and ambitious project with a lot of documentation, but not a whole lot of developing. And before that, well, who cares :P. Basically, over the years, I've observed the better fan games and projects out there and I've realised exactly what it takes to design a good one... talent, skill, dedication, passion, motivation and love. And over time I've been secretly practicing my artistic and spriting abilities. I'm also taking a Software Design course at school to familiarise myself with the concepts, before I actually take a decent look into GML. Basically, I intend to head this project by myself, with perhaps some assistance from my real life friend, who would compose original tracks for this original idea.

You might have noticed the website in my profile. Then again, you might not have, and it's probably better that way because guests and members can see few boards anyway. This place is basically where I'm documenting and planning everything for my project, where my real life friends can access and contribute.

So why haven't I shown off anything yet, or even mentioned what genre the project will be? Easy, because I don't want to get you started in case I decide to quit or hold off this project. Because then everyone will like "nyurrr, these projects always die, nyurr, nyurr, ZFGC sux." Basically, I post this because I want you to know that I am working on something. It may be quite some time before I show off something else.

I guess, if anything, I'll leave you with this half-finished attempt at a logo:

Now motivate me, dammit ;p.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2008, 02:03:25 am by Hoffy »

Hoffy.
Re: The Patron.
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2008, 03:09:41 am »
  • Minalien
If you're interested, I could jump in as a programmer, if you're willing to develop it using .NET instead of Game Maker. We could use Microsoft's XNA Framework, and develop it for the XBOX 360 as well as PC. I need a project, and I suck at the design part ;) I need something to program. :P
There's such a double standard about religion in the modern world. Catholics can gather, wear white robes, and say "In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti" and be considered normal.

But if my friends and I gather, wear black robes, and say  "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn", we're considered cultists.
  • Development Blog

Hoffy

Hero of Fire
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2008, 03:21:47 am »
  • Silly cat!
Certainly tempting :P. I'll get back to you depending on how things go.

Hoffy.
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2008, 03:23:08 am »
  • Minalien
Your mom.

Anyways, you should at least provide a bit more information about the project. I mean, all we know about it is that it's called The Patron and apparently has something to do with the sea, if my judgment of the anchor there is correct.
There's such a double standard about religion in the modern world. Catholics can gather, wear white robes, and say "In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti" and be considered normal.

But if my friends and I gather, wear black robes, and say  "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn", we're considered cultists.
  • Development Blog

Hoffy

Hero of Fire
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2008, 03:30:17 am »
  • Silly cat!
I guess that's a good idea >_>. I'll offer some information later on tonight.

Hoffy.
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2008, 07:38:26 pm »
If you want I can help you with spriting, more as an Assistant giving c+c and such :P. You know my skills >_<.
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2008, 09:07:33 pm »
  • Don't Worry Sir, I'm From The Internet.
Is there going to be anymore with this? I really want to be in a team, and I would love to help with writing a story.
Grimace is the demiurge, the creator. From him all things in McDonaldland have sprung. He is not a sin, he's not a menu item, he's just Grimace. He exists. He rolls his lidless eyes and flaps his lipless mouth, formless and terrible, a protean idiot thing from the depths of pre-history.
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2008, 02:12:54 am »
If you need any help with music, feel free to give me a shout.
Quote from: Jason
Your community is a bunch of stuck up turds.

Bludleef

Forum Dragon
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2008, 08:00:25 pm »
  • Everybody's Gotta Eat.
If you need help spriting or generating concept art for spriters let me know.  ;)

SOME LINKS
 -> Bludsoft Productions
  • Bludsoft
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.178 seconds with 52 queries.

anything