Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: TRANS CODE NO. 003!  (Read 2314 times)

Mirby

Drifter
TRANS CODE NO. 003!
« on: August 12, 2008, 12:03:03 am »
  • To bomb or not to bomb...
    First off, an apology. I know I said next time will be Birth by Sleep, but I changed my mind. This game interests me more, and I feel I should update everyone on its progress. I'll be more decisive from now on and preview what I say I will. Now for the article.

The Mega Man Star Force series takes place approximately 200 years after the Battle Network games. The series stars 5th grader Geo Stelar (Subaru Hoshikawa in the japanese version), and his partner Omega-Xis (WarRock in Japan). Instead of jacking in like in the Battle Network games, you pulse into the wave world. As of the time of Star Force, the network evolved into a system of electromagnetic waves that control everythinf. Omega-Xis, or Mega for short, is a being made up of EM waves, and when Geo merges with him to pulse in, he becomes Megaman.

As in the battle network games, you fight viruses. Battlechips are now battle cards, and no longer have letter codes. Instead, you can only choose two cards that are connecting on the custom screen, and any white cards that appear. The battles in Star Force are over-the-shoulder and you can only move left and right, unlike the side view and relative free-range in the Battle Network games. Lastly, there are the usual HPMemorys to collect, except now they've evolved into two forms: HPMem10 and HPMem20, which raise your max HP by 10 and 20 respectively. Now for the preview!

Mega Man Star Force 3 takes place an unknown amount of time after the end of Star Force 2. Geo has saved the world once again, although he almost died in the process (that tends to happen in these games). He met a new rival, named Solo whose personality is most like Chaud from BN. Solo is the last member of the Mu civilization, and he has no one to merge with to become an EM being. Instead, he uses the powers of loneliness to pulse in. Well that changes in Star Force 3. First off though, Star Carriers are phased out and replaced with Hunter VGs. They even allow EM beings to phase into the real world as Wizards, similar to CopyBots from BN6. Food-lover Bud has Taurus, and musician Sonia Strumm has Lyra. And of course, Geo has Mega. New buds abound including braniac Zack, who has someone named Pedia, and Solo, who has one named Laplace.

The story revolves around a giant meteor heading towards earth, entitled Meteor G. Now if you played the Battle Network games, you'd know that in BN4 a meteor was heading towards Earth, and inside was the justice-dealer Duo. Duo was going to wipe out all the evil on Earth, and thus end the human race. But Megaman.EXE showed him that everyone has evil in them, just as they have good. And the earth was saved, and Duo said he'd return. Whether or not Meteor G is Duo's return is unknown. Anyways, the meteor is causing mass amounts of Noise. The noise directly influences gameplay. Depending on the noise levels, Megaman may take on different forms based on bosses from the first Star Force and others. Currently revealed forms are Cygnus Noise, Gemini Noise, Ophiuchus Noise, Ox Noise, Libra Noise, Cancer Noise, Crown Noise, Virgo Noise, Wolf Noise, and Corvus Noise. Virgo and Corvus are new to the series, as no character with those names has appeared  in the games yet. Just so you know, Virgo is the Virgin and Corvus is the Crow.

Also shown is what may be the ultimate form, known as Black Ace. Black Ace appears when the Noise level is at 200%. I don't know if there's an upper limit to Noise levels; there's a screen showing it at 315%. Lastly, the first boss is called Spade Magnets. As this is all I know, it is now massive screenie time, spoilerized to save space.
[spoiler=Megaman Art]

[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Other Art]

[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Screenshots][/spoiler]
Also, the trailer:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_eu0KWkHqY" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_eu0KWkHqY</a>

This game is shaping up nicely, and if you have any updates or questions, post them here. Next time, I'm gonna discuss video game music and share some of my favorite tracks. Until then, game on!

Sources: Official Site (in Japanese, though), References at the bottom of this page
*All pictures were taken from the official site. Better quality video on official site too.

Mirby Studios | Share & Enjoy now available! (Links above!) | Games I've Beaten
Quote from: Mamoruanime
I like-like it :D
  • Mirby Studios
TRANS CODE NO. 003!
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2008, 12:20:14 am »
  • Super Hero Time!
Megaman gets worse every year.

They should just end the series.
!@#$% I lost my entire post, god dammit.

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
TRANS CODE NO. 003!
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2008, 03:44:32 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
This is why I think Megaman 9 is a redeeming factor... What have they done to poor megaman?

Mirby

Drifter
Re: TRANS CODE NO. 003!
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2008, 04:09:06 am »
  • To bomb or not to bomb...
I was thinking about previewing MM9 soon. IGN got pics of the bosses.

Mirby Studios | Share & Enjoy now available! (Links above!) | Games I've Beaten
Quote from: Mamoruanime
I like-like it :D
  • Mirby Studios
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 41 queries.