Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Console gaming is doomed  (Read 26229 times)

Re: Console gaming is doomed
« Reply #40 on: December 08, 2008, 08:32:36 pm »
  • 虫めづる姫君
I don't see why pressing four keys at once would cause any problems, I do it all the time in Fable—moving diagonally, running, and attacking.  Your computer hates you.
« Reply #41 on: December 08, 2008, 08:39:24 pm »
  • (y)(;>.<;)(y)
I just tried it, it takes four buttons because it happens when I hold down W, A, S and D.
« Reply #42 on: December 08, 2008, 08:48:57 pm »
  • I just saved Hyrule! I'd say that's worth a kiss.
solution:

USB keyboard

We may as well call it "Small Forum Populated by a Few People Who Make Fangames, Mostly About Zelda, But More Often Talk About Other Nintendo Franchises Central"
"SFPFPWMF,MAZ,BMOTAONFC" for short.

Hammer Bro. Mike

Hammer Bro. Mike
« Reply #43 on: December 09, 2008, 12:43:48 am »
  • The Mike
I like console gaming better because I grew up with it. I'm not saying which is better and which is worse. You can basically say that you'd need to spend a lot of money on both PC and Console gaming. For console, it's basically buying a system, extra controllers, and games and any other stuff. For PC, you'd have to keep constantly (well, maybe not) buying upgrades for it which is costly. Another thing is that things like hard drives crashing can happen and things like that, as well as scratched game discs and whatnot.

If anything, PC > Console and PC < Console. Some say one is better and some say the other is better and it will always be like that. I personally find FPS controls better with console gaming and I liked Corruption's controls a lot.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2008, 12:45:22 am by Yubel »

• Zelda Eternity
« Reply #44 on: December 09, 2008, 01:40:37 am »
  • Doesn't afraid of anything
^^You can't really compare Corruption's controls to an fps on a 360 though.  The controllers are just too different, if anything the wiimote + nunchuku is closer to a mouse & keyboard.

i love big weenies and i cannot lie

Hammer Bro. Mike

Hammer Bro. Mike
« Reply #45 on: December 09, 2008, 01:49:58 am »
  • The Mike
^^You can't really compare Corruption's controls to an fps on a 360 though.  The controllers are just too different, if anything the wiimote + nunchuku is closer to a mouse & keyboard.
I wasn't comparing though. I was only saying I like them, that's all. I never even mentioned 360 controls either.

• Zelda Eternity
« Reply #46 on: December 09, 2008, 02:36:38 am »
Eh, my mistake then.  You made it sound like you were comparing controllers to pc controls and using corruption as an example.

« Reply #47 on: December 09, 2008, 01:34:40 pm »
Buying a console is just as expensive especially for all the addons and games.

Console (Let's say 360) = $250-$300
Controllers (Depending on how many, let's say 4 and wireless) $50 x4 = $200
Xbox Live = $8/Month, $20/3 Months, $50/year. (Let's say 1 year for this).

Add-ons are not a necessity, but if you really want to bring that in then the same can be said for PC gaming. As well as Live (Being as Microsoft are now attempting to re-release it.)

Also, the 360 has been on the market for nearly 3 years now if not longer. New Technology for PCs comes out something like every 6 months.

Latest AMD Processor £159.99 up to £189.99

Bearing in mind thats just the processor, you'll still need a mother board, PSU, Case, Graphics Card, Sound Card, DVD driver, Mouse Keyboard Monitor, Ram and a HDD to build your own computer.

Lets go with an XBOX 360 Bundle pack.
XBOX 360 with Gears of War 1 and 2, Far Cry 2, SEGA Superstars Tennis and PGR 4 £188.99
Yes okay thats on a deal but deals do factor into the equation.

And even if I use an AMD bundle as a comparison:
AMD QUAD CORE Phenom 9550 Motherboard Bundle + 1GB DDR2 800 Memory £239.99
« Reply #48 on: December 09, 2008, 01:51:51 pm »
  • 虫めづる姫君
Gah  >.<  Still talking about prices?  Okay, I'll just buy a used Gamecube for $25.  Gamecube wins because it's cheapest~

I agree with Weasel here:

You can't fairly compare just by getting economical.
« Reply #49 on: December 09, 2008, 03:13:17 pm »

Add-ons are not a necessity, but if you really want to bring that in then the same can be said for PC gaming. As well as Live (Being as Microsoft are now attempting to re-release it.)

Also, the 360 has been on the market for nearly 3 years now if not longer. New Technology for PCs comes out something like every 6 months.

Bearing in mind thats just the processor, you'll still need a mother board, PSU, Case, Graphics Card, Sound Card, DVD driver, Mouse Keyboard Monitor, Ram and a HDD to build your own computer.

XBOX 360 with Gears of War 1 and 2, Far Cry 2, SEGA Superstars Tennis and PGR 4 £188.99

You CAN'T use prices though.  A PC is more than a gaming machine, it's a media player of all kinds, an internet surfer, a calculator, a way of documenting things, and a programmable device among other things.  You CANNOT use price to compare a PC to a 360, it doesn't work.

« Reply #50 on: December 09, 2008, 03:32:49 pm »

You CAN'T use prices though.  A PC is more than a gaming machine, it's a media player of all kinds, an internet surfer, a calculator, a way of documenting things, and a programmable device among other things.  You CANNOT use price to compare a PC to a 360, it doesn't work.

Yes you can. You do need to buy computers you know...
« Reply #51 on: December 09, 2008, 10:49:37 pm »
  • 虫めづる姫君
Price is still a useless base for comparison.  I could argue that a stick of chewing gum is exponentially better than an Xbox 360 if we're not going to look at anything other than cost.
« Reply #52 on: December 09, 2008, 10:53:40 pm »
Price is still a useless base for comparison.  I could argue that a stick of chewing gum is exponentially better than an Xbox 360 if we're not going to look at anything other than cost.

If you dont make much money price would be the make or break of your decision. So it is an important factor.

And as to that, you cant argue chewing gums better, because you know, chewing gum doesn't play games...
« Reply #53 on: December 09, 2008, 10:57:56 pm »
  • 虫めづる姫君
You're right, I'm just saying cost is the only thing anyone is discussing in this topic.  I should change the title to "Which cost less? PC or Xbox 360?"…
« Reply #54 on: December 09, 2008, 11:03:23 pm »
You're right, I'm just saying cost is the only thing anyone is discussing in this topic.

*looks through topic*
Good point. Ahem.

So yeah, console controllers to me are far more easier to use, though perhaps thats because I've done very little PC Gaming, I've always been a more console gamer.
« Reply #55 on: December 09, 2008, 11:28:36 pm »
  • And if they dont dance, they're no friend of mine

I actually prefer Corruptions controls to PC controls, but prefer PCs controls to Xbox and PS3 games controls. Its hard to compare consoles to PCs in terms of controls, becaure PC games pretty much all just use Mouse&keyboard, whereas for consoles now, we have the Wii controls and the normal controllers.

You're right, I'm just saying cost is the only thing anyone is discussing in this topic.

Actually people have discussed other stuff, like controls & convenience...

Personally I prefer console gaming. PCs are perfectly suited for FPS's and point and click games (Monkey Island ftw) but I prefer platformers, RPGs, Action, Racing, Sport etc. games on consoles. Its just a preference thing. But I dont see console gaming dying out soon, The 360 and the Wii have sold fantastically and don't seem to be dying down. The PS3 on the other hand...

Art by Kyuumu, banner by me
Screw this, im off to Hogwarts...
« Reply #56 on: December 12, 2008, 02:56:39 pm »
  • odens knop
Guitar Hero anyone?  XD  I love PC and Console gaming, I suppose I spend about the same amount of time on both.
|LEUS HERTAN MINAT|
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 70 queries.