Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Suggestion: Hold mod apps  (Read 16810 times)

Re: Suggestion: Hold mod apps
« Reply #40 on: April 08, 2006, 08:47:03 pm »
Don't worry, Ive spoken to Drewdelz about it...

It will all be over soon Limey ;)
« Reply #41 on: April 08, 2006, 10:15:25 pm »
  • w00t
While I don't agree that it is not a valid reason to take away someone's chance for being a MOD just because they want to be one, I also don't think that "we deserve to be MODs because we were before!" is very sound in the department of logic.

I've flamed before on a different board, much like you two were MODs on a different board!  But that doesn't mean I deserve to be banned.

Personally, I'm gonna have to agree with Possum here.  Being a mod on another board does show that you have experience, but I don't think it should be the basis for the modship.  That's not to say that Kleaver and Fox would be bad mods.  You two may be perfectly qualified.  I'm just disagreeing with your justification.
What do you mean I need a life?  =P  Hm... Lives... Isn't that something that you get in Super Mario Bros?  You know, those green mushrooms?  That's a life, right?

My one and only fangame, Link Maze, may be viewed at http://www.zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=82.0
  • Link Maze - Zelda mini fangame
« Reply #42 on: April 09, 2006, 12:12:32 am »
  • Wooper Don't Give a !@#$%
While that's true... I can see where they're coming from. This ZFGC is basically an extension of ZFGC-X, where they were all mods. Still, overall I think we're fine with the staff we've got now... I doubt ZFGC will ever explode into what it once was, so the smaller, less experienced mod team we've got here will do the job well enough.
ROLL TIDE WHAT? **** YOU!!! Geaux Tiga

~The Gaurdians of ZFGC~
Kirby, metallica48423, Max, Vash, walnut100
  • Gamers & Developers Unlimited
« Reply #43 on: April 09, 2006, 09:32:56 am »
Yeah, but Fox and me climbed from being nothing into Local Mods, then into Global mods. And here we get no-modding, and 3 other people who have not modded before were Global just like that. Now call that unfair or what.

Fox

Turnbeutelvergesser since 1988.
« Reply #44 on: April 09, 2006, 11:28:25 am »
Don't worry, Ive spoken to Drewdelz about it...

It will all be over soon Limey ;)
Hooray @ apocalypse.

Yeah, but Fox and me climbed from being nothing into Local Mods, then into Global mods. And here we get no-modding, and 3 other people who have not modded before were Global just like that. Now call that unfair or what.
I at least want to hear a reason why Limey and bran got modded (I don't call you bad mods, but this is just so crazy, guys. Sorry... :( )
  • Me on deviantART
« Reply #45 on: April 09, 2006, 01:10:10 pm »
I PM'd Drewdelz about my/our old mod-positions, how I/we could lead one, two boards, and I don't want to sound like some cool arse-hole, but I'm not a random person. I was a G-Mod on ZFGC-X... I think I'd at least deserve a reply, even if just "No sorry.";"Not now, got more important business" or a simple "Fork off, retard!".
Just kidding, but seriously, Drewdelz. I know you got much business, but still...
... please? At least a reply? ;D No offense! ;D

[Edit]: This post may also describe how I am not able to follow everything that is going on at this place, so much sorry in advance... >_<

I never recieved that PM, Fox. You sure you sent it? o_O
   But anyway, ask Kleaver about what's going to happen, I can't explain it all out again. XD

Limey

« Reply #46 on: April 09, 2006, 09:56:43 pm »
Well it doesn't look like we'll be getting any more mods anytime soon ;)

bran371

« Reply #47 on: April 09, 2006, 11:17:53 pm »
Indeed, we were only supposed to have five originally. =P

2awesome4apossum

« Reply #48 on: April 10, 2006, 01:02:36 am »
And this is my issue with leadership today.  It's not about what you do (or know), it's who you do (or know). ;)

Now, to me, it seems a bit silly for all of these people to have MOD positions when we clearly don't need that many people.

Anyway, regardless, I'm sure that you guys will do a great job.  Good luck! :)

FISSURE

« Reply #49 on: April 10, 2006, 02:08:56 am »
I'd like to hear a reason why you got modded then fox
« Reply #50 on: April 10, 2006, 03:14:36 am »
I'd like to hear a reason why you got modded then fox
Voting at ZFGC-X.

.TakaM was here.
so my friend stole a giant bag of ketchup out of the ketchup pumping things and brought it to our table and we took it in the bathroom and i smashed it over the sink and kicked it around the bathroom and smeared it everywhere and we all took turns kicking the ketchup out of it and when we were done it looked like an african village was murdered in the bathroom
XFD.
  • Awesome Land
« Reply #51 on: April 10, 2006, 08:23:47 am »
We were the original mods before Limey and Bran.

But hey, we might set down a few Local Mods...Debating section perhaps? :)

bran371

« Reply #52 on: April 10, 2006, 08:00:17 pm »
I still don't see how being a mod longer magically makes you better, though. It's terrible logic, and no I'm not saying you were a bad mod. I really wouldn't know, since I never saw you do anything. (and once again, I'm not saying you didn't do anything, just saying that I never saw you do anything)

And this is my issue with leadership today.  It's not about what you do (or know), it's who you do (or know). ;)
That's partially true. I mean, unpopular people don't ever get picked for mods, and indeed the reasons for me being modded were:
Quote from: Drewdelz
I think you deserve it. You were always an awsome member, you're fairly active, you don't flame all the time, and I think you're fairly known.
So, popularity must have some kind of factor, though it makes sense in a way. Imagine the kind of angry community you'd get for modding someone who just joined the forum? As I said before, you should be modded for your behaviour at this forum, not other ones.
However, I have never seen Alex and Drewdelz talk to each other, so there has to be at least a little intelligence and thought going into the staff appointments now. Unless they're secretly friends or something, I dunno. :P

Now, to me, it seems a bit silly for all of these people to have MOD positions when we clearly don't need that many people.
That I agree with fully. We did fine when it was just Alex and I, though I know what Kleaver and Fox'll say to this part of my post... <__<

Limey

« Reply #53 on: April 11, 2006, 08:54:48 pm »
But that the same time, if you're completely new, and you get modded (like if you'd be great at being a mod but you're brand new), people would get mad, because a newcomer got a spot that they (older members) may have deserved (in their view).  Also you do need to be fairly well known.  How is an admin going to be able to asses your maturity if you dont post very often?
« Reply #54 on: April 11, 2006, 09:59:58 pm »
  • Huzzowee!
That and if nobody knows who you are, you're probably not going to draw all that much respect.
"They say 'Don't sweat the little things!', but in the end, the little things are all that matter..."
--Alex2539

Busternaut

« Reply #55 on: April 12, 2006, 12:07:48 am »
obviously you all know that if apps were held i'd  apply :P

2awesome4apossum

« Reply #56 on: April 12, 2006, 12:08:53 am »
Yep, we certainly do, Buster :)

Limey

« Reply #57 on: April 12, 2006, 12:10:16 am »
XD

Seriously buster, I' feel like I've seen you nominate yourself for mod in every topic >.<

Busternaut

« Reply #58 on: April 12, 2006, 12:24:12 am »
well...not every topic :P
« Reply #59 on: April 12, 2006, 12:26:37 am »
  • Huzzowee!
Just any topic where the word "mod" was mentioned. Right? ;)

Well, we have all the global mods we'd need right now. Maybe we might eventually need some local ones, I think we're pretty much okay for now. So, no applcations :D. Well, you could always apply, we'd just ignore you :P.
"They say 'Don't sweat the little things!', but in the end, the little things are all that matter..."
--Alex2539
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.157 seconds with 90 queries.

anything