Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Poll

What style should we use ?

GameBoy (OoA/OoS, LA)
Mintish Cap/Four Swords

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: ZFGCCP!!!!!!  (Read 13495 times)

Re: ZFGCCP!!!!!!
« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2009, 10:18:45 pm »
The Legend of Zelda: Hyrule's last stand

SHORT PLOT SUMMARY

Link is a stable hand in Hyrule castle

Zelda and Ganondorf (false king of gerudo) decide to take a ride on the horses to celebrate Hyrule's alliance with the gerudo.

Phantom Ganon appears to take Zelda. He succeeds and Ganondorf sheds fake tears. Ganondorf and Link explain the situation to the King. King sends Link to find clues to zelda's whereabouts and if he does find her report back to the castle to tell him where Zelda is. Ganondorf gives Link green tunic, a sword and shield. and so it begins!!!

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2009, 04:45:48 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
Why does nobody ever come up with some Vaati/Ganon crossover :x
« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2009, 05:02:13 am »
  • 虫めづる姫君
Why does nobody ever come up with some Vaati/Ganon crossover :x

That already happened in Four Swords Adventures.  And you can't top that game, don't even try.  D:<
« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2009, 08:29:37 am »
k, since I see that people are ready to help, I will start making an MC engine today...

« Reply #24 on: July 24, 2009, 09:24:29 am »
k, since I see that people are ready to help, I will start making an MC engine today...

Sigh, ahmio the point I am try to get to you is that there are already people working on an open source MC engine. Contact 4Sword if you want to help. There is nothing preventing you from working on your own engine for the community project, but if you're doing this for the NCFC, than it would be better if everyone working on an engine for the CP would be working on a the same engine. This would result in having one decent engine and not a couple of unfinished engines.

The Link's Awakening part is more about the game that will come on top of the engine. It is about the resources, story and items in the game. And to showcase the MC engine. The choice for this was made, so we could actually get a CP done and not fall into indecision. The real focus is now getting the basics for the engine done and having a demo up to the tailcave.

But if you want to work on your own open source engine, go ahead. Some people need more engines they can use. But for the NCFC it is better to cooperate instead of work separate. Unless you are planning on making the engine in something else than Gamemaker.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2009, 09:34:23 am by Niek »
« Reply #25 on: July 24, 2009, 05:30:01 pm »

Sigh, ahmio the point I am try to get to you is that there are already people working on an open source MC engine. Contact 4Sword if you want to help. There is nothing preventing you from working on your own engine for the community project, but if you're doing this for the NCFC, than it would be better if everyone working on an engine for the CP would be working on a the same engine. This would result in having one decent engine and not a couple of unfinished engines.

The Link's Awakening part is more about the game that will come on top of the engine. It is about the resources, story and items in the game. And to showcase the MC engine. The choice for this was made, so we could actually get a CP done and not fall into indecision. The real focus is now getting the basics for the engine done and having a demo up to the tailcave.

But if you want to work on your own open source engine, go ahead. Some people need more engines they can use. But for the NCFC it is better to cooperate instead of work separate. Unless you are planning on making the engine in something else than Gamemaker.
Yes, I understand. But an engine has to be made by one person, because people code differently.

EDIT: The engine is going very well... see for yourselves!!! (The HUD is temporary)

« Last Edit: July 24, 2009, 05:35:22 pm by ahmio »

« Reply #26 on: July 24, 2009, 05:45:42 pm »
  • Fight the Power
I don't understand why people love the traditional N64 Hud sooo much. You're on the computer God damn it. D:

Also, man. Not to get your hopes down or anything but, I personally tried your OOT engine demo and, tight butthole, you've got lots of work to do. I'm not saying I could do a whole lot better. That's not the point. But for a project like that, representing the whole ZFGC community - I don't think many people would agree on using it.

You should maybe leave that to some more experienced coder that can maybe pull this off. I didn't know about 4Sword and his project - didn't even know he coded for that matter - but you should let the pro's do this one time. ;P

Trying to organise all the heads in here is a good thing, though. Props on that. :)

Currently Listening to: Mos Def - Summertime
« Reply #27 on: July 24, 2009, 06:42:17 pm »
The GM Minish Cap Engine is somewhat slow in progress due to few people working on it and because of how contributions go to it. Rather than doing many things decently, I tend to focus on doing a few things well. That and I also pursue difficult programming challenges which benefit the community more. If this is done, then even little progress on the engine benefits users more. It is also left open and public for the community to assist.

Anyway though, the Link's Awakening might not be that practical as evidenced because the engine takes time to do with limited assistance given to it. That and a community's patience for a remake is often limited; unless it is OoT2D, then patience for some is near infinite.

About your project though, if the engine's development is going to be private to where you can just see the code, why not make the project a team project instead? The project would then have its significant updates as a part of the news feed, there would be an item about it on the news on the forum index, you'd get your own board for this project specifically, and if you wanted your board could be private or public (your team could share the code in private if that would work better for you, or everyone could see it as well). The idea for team projects is something that Pyrazor worked out and something that I support.
« Reply #28 on: July 25, 2009, 04:38:41 am »
I have an idea. What if we elect a representative (I suggest myself) to go to a highly populated zelda fan forum in terms of artists and spriters and put the idea on display. Soon people will want in on the project and try to get in on it. Then we lower the jobs down to project leader/coordinator/representative ( Can I do it?), mapper (suggestion, Jeod), coder (suggestion, 4sword), concept artist, spriter, and official artist and bring the group over here fore suggestions.

Starforsaken101

Wake the Beast
« Reply #29 on: July 25, 2009, 04:41:55 am »
  • www.mouffers.com
I'd be down for either concept or offiial artist
  • Starforsaken101's DeviantART

Bludleef

Forum Dragon
« Reply #30 on: July 25, 2009, 04:50:53 am »
  • Everybody's Gotta Eat.
I can help with sprites, concept, and official art if need be.

SOME LINKS
 -> Bludsoft Productions
  • Bludsoft
« Reply #31 on: July 25, 2009, 05:01:34 am »
Since this is MC style, can you draw Minish Cap Style
« Reply #32 on: July 25, 2009, 05:04:42 am »
In terms of looking for other highly populated Zelda fan forums, it might be good to stake some out identifying which would have a good tendency to want to work on such a fan game. In some sense, other forums that have some game development might be just as receptive.

In terms of project leader and whatnot, the GM Minish Cap engine is a Community Project which means that it is open to the community for anyone to assist with - without the need for mappers, concept artists, etc. It has a slowly realized potential than a team project which has more specialized realization.

In terms of the project of this topic though, having a bunch of people assigned to a bunch of different roles makes it more in line with a team project. It was ahmio's idea though to do this and he would likely be at least the lead coder. Since this was his idea though, you should probably coordinate with him.
« Reply #33 on: July 25, 2009, 05:06:23 am »
OK ahmio, what say you on this?

Bludleef

Forum Dragon
« Reply #34 on: July 25, 2009, 05:24:32 am »
  • Everybody's Gotta Eat.
Since this is MC style, can you draw Minish Cap Style

If you mean this style

then yes it is a simple geometrical style.

SOME LINKS
 -> Bludsoft Productions
  • Bludsoft
« Reply #35 on: July 25, 2009, 08:43:43 am »
I don't understand why people love the traditional N64 Hud sooo much. You're on the computer God damn it. D:

Also, man. Not to get your hopes down or anything but, I personally tried your OOT engine demo and, tight butthole, you've got lots of work to do. I'm not saying I could do a whole lot better. That's not the point. But for a project like that, representing the whole ZFGC community - I don't think many people would agree on using it.

You should maybe leave that to some more experienced coder that can maybe pull this off. I didn't know about 4Sword and his project - didn't even know he coded for that matter - but you should let the pro's do this one time. ;P

Trying to organise all the heads in here is a good thing, though. Props on that. :)
My OoT2D engine..... just so you know, when I started on OoT2D, I was using D&D. Now I can code. The OoT2D engine has been remade 6 times, so there's bits of code and stuff lying around causing glitches. Don't judge this engine until I upload it XD

The GM Minish Cap Engine is somewhat slow in progress due to few people working on it and because of how contributions go to it. Rather than doing many things decently, I tend to focus on doing a few things well. That and I also pursue difficult programming challenges which benefit the community more. If this is done, then even little progress on the engine benefits users more. It is also left open and public for the community to assist.

Anyway though, the Link's Awakening might not be that practical as evidenced because the engine takes time to do with limited assistance given to it. That and a community's patience for a remake is often limited; unless it is OoT2D, then patience for some is near infinite.

About your project though, if the engine's development is going to be private to where you can just see the code, why not make the project a team project instead? The project would then have its significant updates as a part of the news feed, there would be an item about it on the news on the forum index, you'd get your own board for this project specifically, and if you wanted your board could be private or public (your team could share the code in private if that would work better for you, or everyone could see it as well). The idea for team projects is something that Pyrazor worked out and something that I support.
It won't be private. There's just not enough to show yet ;)
So it's not possible to get my own board if its a Community project :'(
and BTW I wasn't saying your ice walking engine is BAD, I was just saying a game can't just be ice walking (unless its TLOZ: The Ice Rink) :D
« Last Edit: July 25, 2009, 02:59:42 pm by ahmio »

Starforsaken101

Wake the Beast
« Reply #36 on: July 25, 2009, 02:30:34 pm »
  • www.mouffers.com
Fine...count me out on concept art. I thought it would be really neat for a different style of art to be the actual concept art but you guys aren't biting. Stick to the stereotypical MC art.
« Reply #37 on: July 25, 2009, 02:33:51 pm »
Fine...count me out on concept art. I thought it would be really neat for a different style of art to be the actual concept art but you guys aren't biting. Stick to the stereotypical MC art.
I was thinking of making it a custom style....
if you can get me a decent sprite sheet of link w/ most actions, I'll add it to the poll  ;)

Starforsaken101

Wake the Beast
« Reply #38 on: July 25, 2009, 02:44:50 pm »
  • www.mouffers.com
I was thinking of making it a custom style....
if you can get me a decent sprite sheet of link w/ most actions, I'll add it to the poll  ;)

I'm not talking about SPRITES. I'm talking about ART.
« Reply #39 on: July 25, 2009, 02:45:53 pm »
  • Fight the Power
if you can get me a decent sprite sheet of link w/ most actions, I'll add it to the poll
*snaps fingers

Currently Listening to: Mos Def - Summertime
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.06 seconds with 76 queries.

anything