Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 35   Go Down

Author Topic: Leduardo's Custom Tiles  (Read 260673 times)

Re: Zelda's Custom Tiles
« Reply #160 on: May 19, 2010, 07:29:00 pm »
I found this Mario Kart Fan Game (on Game Maker):

http://gmc.yoyogames.com/index.php?showtopic=460071

Maybe we could use it.

Dark-Hylian

Silence
« Reply #161 on: May 19, 2010, 08:06:15 pm »
That looks quite good. Zelda Kart 2.5d would be crazy beast.
  • Dawning Hour
« Reply #162 on: May 19, 2010, 08:17:55 pm »
The track possibilities are endless. With 4 cups to total 16 tracks, we could do a track based on areas from every Zelda game and still have room left over. The Lost Woods from Spirit Tracks come to mind - you'd have to go in the right directions, while avoiding falling and swinging Skulltulas and incoming trains.
Re: Zelda's Kart 7 racers + items
« Reply #163 on: May 20, 2010, 03:54:48 pm »

7 racers + items

I wonder if we ever get to play Zelda's Kart on DS ...
« Last Edit: May 20, 2010, 05:00:57 pm by Leduardo »
« Reply #164 on: May 20, 2010, 08:12:27 pm »
I like the racers, although you could add some more heavy weight and light weight drivers. I don't really like half of the choices for the items though.
« Reply #165 on: May 20, 2010, 08:13:20 pm »
  • And if they dont dance, they're no friend of mine
I like all except the heart piece: I think it should be a bottled fairy.

Art by Kyuumu, banner by me
Screw this, im off to Hogwarts...
« Reply #166 on: May 20, 2010, 08:24:31 pm »
  • 虫めづる姫君
I can't agree with the Heart Container or the Faerie; neither of those seems good for an invincibility item.  I think a Triforce would work because it's a near-equivalent of the Star as a game symbol/mascot, and also has magical powers.
« Reply #167 on: May 20, 2010, 08:47:50 pm »
I feel like arrows would work good for a red shell actually, and boomerang for green. Because bow and arrow is accurate, and would most of the time hit the opponent in front of you. The magic boomerang works too, but I always disliked that item in Zelda games anyways.

Dark-Hylian

Silence
« Reply #168 on: May 20, 2010, 08:56:14 pm »
Radical Idea here!!! Bottled Tornado for Bananas. I've wanted to use the idea in my Zelda fan game, and still am planning to, but I think the MC tornado would be a great banana, have you spin around like four times or something.

I think I like the Triforce / Force gem for invincability, and honestly, i have NOOOO idea where the Feather came from, certainly not MK64.

And honestly, we could branch out a little, add different arrow shots, freezing, fire, light, etc.
  • Dawning Hour
« Reply #169 on: May 20, 2010, 09:27:59 pm »
Radical Idea here!!! Bottled Tornado for Bananas. I've wanted to use the idea in my Zelda fan game, and still am planning to, but I think the MC tornado would be a great banana, have you spin around like four times or something.

I think I like the Triforce / Force gem for invincability, and honestly, i have NOOOO idea where the Feather came from, certainly not MK64.

And honestly, we could branch out a little, add different arrow shots, freezing, fire, light, etc.

A bottled tornado wouldn't exactly make sense for a banana. Bananas are something that are just dropped in one spot and remain there until someone slips on them and spins out.

So you see, a tornado tends to move around and be really huge and powerful, unlike most bananas

Dark-Hylian

Silence
« Reply #170 on: May 20, 2010, 10:18:24 pm »
In minish cap, the tornados are somewhat hard to see, about the size of link, and stay in one spot, save the one by the Lon Lon Ranch. I don't think it'd be any worse than a bomb for a banana, the only other thing I can think of are the mudballs that the Pestos drop in places like the Water Temple.
  • Dawning Hour
« Reply #171 on: May 20, 2010, 10:33:59 pm »
Mamo's suggestion of Chu Jelly was a good idea.
« Reply #172 on: May 20, 2010, 10:43:12 pm »
Mind you, whatever item you use as red shells and green shells needs to be able to orbit the player without looking stupid. I've changed my mind, boomerangs would be the perfect choice.

And chu jelly for bananas would probably work well.
Quote from: Jason
Your community is a bunch of stuck up turds.
« Reply #173 on: May 20, 2010, 11:11:59 pm »
In minish cap, the tornados are somewhat hard to see, about the size of link, and stay in one spot, save the one by the Lon Lon Ranch. I don't think it'd be any worse than a bomb for a banana, the only other thing I can think of are the mudballs that the Pestos drop in places like the Water Temple.

I feel like your looking into this way too much. These are becoming the most obscure things in the Zelda universe you are mentioning. Mudballs that the Pestos (?) drop in the Water Temple? -_-

Chu Jelly would work best probably for bananas. Does anyone else agree that shooting an arrow at the kart in front of you is best for red shell?
« Reply #174 on: May 20, 2010, 11:16:16 pm »
  • 虫めづる姫君
Does anyone else agree that shooting an arrow at the kart in front of you is best for red shell?

I disagree.  The Red Shells can change their trajectory and home-in on targets.  Arrows have never worked like that.  Boomerang is the most logical weapon to use as a Red Shell because it's the only weapon in any Zelda game that follows its target.  (unless there's some crappy DS game item that I don't know about)
« Reply #175 on: May 20, 2010, 11:19:40 pm »
True.. in that case boomerangs :(

lol
« Reply #176 on: May 20, 2010, 11:44:52 pm »
Does anyone else agree that shooting an arrow at the kart in front of you is best for red shell?

I disagree.  The Red Shells can change their trajectory and home-in on targets.  Arrows have never worked like that.  Boomerang is the most logical weapon to use as a Red Shell because it's the only weapon in any Zelda game that follows its target.  (unless there's some crappy DS game item that I don't know about)
I have to agree with Shefali. Arrows suck as homing weapons. My problem with the boomerangs is that they have always been stun weapons. They do not have the trashing impact a shell has by sending the target flying. I have to agree with Dl about orbiting the player, however variations on the bombchu might work also.

For the banana I think the bomb is the wrong equivalent. The bomb would be better for the bob-omb. For the banana I think the idea of the Chu Jelly would be the best. Green Chu Jelly for 1 time use and red Chu Jelly for multiple (without the dragging however).

The ether medallion I am also wondering about. Because ether actually freezes the enemies. Has some lighting impact on Link and then sends freeze orbs out. The Quake however send lighting blast over the ground. For the invincibility star I have to agree that a Triforce or power Acorn would be better.

I would not use it for a banana but think about the tornados on top of Veil Falls and the Cloud Tops. I see this as an equivalent of Bullet Bill.

i have NOOOO idea where the Feather came from, certainly not MK64.
From Super Mario Kart.

About Cup names:
Mushroom Cup => Courage Cup or Kokiri Cup
Flower Cup => Wisdom Cup or Zora Cup
Star Cup => Power Cup or Goron Cup
Special Cup => Triforce Cup or Hylian Cup
Zelda kart racing
« Reply #177 on: May 21, 2010, 06:10:27 pm »

I changed some itens.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2010, 06:27:39 pm by Leduardo »

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #178 on: May 21, 2010, 06:30:12 pm »
  • ^Not actually me.

I have to agree with Shefali. Arrows suck as homing weapons. My problem with the boomerangs is that they have always been stun weapons. They do not have the trashing impact a shell has by sending the target flying. I have to agree with Dl about orbiting the player, however variations on the bombchu might work also.

Stunning is essentially all that shell's do anyway :P they delay you. Doesn't have to be a 1:1 conversion.

Also I agree with the boomerangs being the shells completely; because come to think of it- you could pretty much do the whole *spinning around the player* thing in Link's Awakening anyway if you had the rooster :P
Zelda Kart Racing - 8º racer
« Reply #179 on: May 21, 2010, 08:11:54 pm »

8 racers
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 35   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.064 seconds with 75 queries.