Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Poll

Should the image of Jalhalla bellow be used as a guide replacing Kaepora Gaebora?

Yes
No
I have a better idea! (Show in Post)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: (Poll) Replacement for Kaepora Gaebora in Spirit Mythes  (Read 3091 times)

(Poll) Replacement for Kaepora Gaebora in Spirit...
« on: March 08, 2010, 08:43:26 am »
  • You heard of the thing from the place with stuff?
Now here is an image of a Boss from The The Wind Waker & Four Swords Adventure. He is a Poe who took over the Hyrulian Castle in Four Swords and is identified to be made of other Poes in The Wind Waker. This is just a cover image of what he will look like. He is able to form a body of a phantom provided his soul is safe in a enriched Poe flame. He may sometimes be playable for dungeons and such.

This is how I sprited him. This is just an example of 2 poses. The Phantom is from another sprite sheet.

This is how he looks in Four Swords Adventure.
Sorry, I can't think of a more interesting sig. > .>
Re: (Poll) Replacement for Kaepora Gaebora in Sp...
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2010, 08:51:02 am »
You have made two topics, asking our oppinion about somethings. Yet the thing you are trying to get an answer about you don't even mention. Take this topic. You ask who is a better guide. Probably for some unmentioned game. Yet you reveal nothing of the game. So I have a better idea. Why don't you make a topic about this game in Concepts Board. Telling about the story, your ideas behind it and show some mock-up screens. Then it is possible to give some informed answers.

Because currently you are asking answers from nothing.

DJvenom

super-sage
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2010, 09:39:07 am »
  • Colbydude was here.
People are allowed to ask questions about what people would find better in a potential game. Just because he's polling if Jalhalla would make a better guide than Kaepora doesn't mean he should have to give every detail of the game he's making. I personally don't think he'd fit as a guide, seeing as how he's always appeared as a boss. Maybe just an average poe as the guide.
I do art
I ermmm... DID do art
I do art
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2010, 10:15:26 am »
Then my answer is yes. Jalhalla can make a better guide than KG. But if you ask it in a story setting like LA, OOT, MM, WW, OOA and OOS, then the answer is no. In a story like TP, PH, and ST, then the answer is yes.

But the fact is that the topic title contains "in Spirit Mythes" and also he gives an example of a capability he uses him in a game. Thus I think that he wants to use him in a game that he is developing. And like I said it depends a bit on the game's story and mood to judge if he is fitting.
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2010, 12:23:56 pm »
After reading through our concept, I don't think Jalhalla or any kind of spirit, poe or ghini is a good guide. Best stick with KG.
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2010, 08:25:53 pm »
Still is there anything better than Kaepora Gaebora? Anything at all? I rathermake a Lima Bean a guide than him. > .< Besides, as you get nt the game, you find out that the REAL gods of the wolds are the spirits. (Specificly the Poes.) Hence: Spirit Mythes.
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2010, 11:03:22 pm »
AH okay. But you don't have much of a ghostly/dreamish theme from the beginning.

Also you could use Tingle  :P Or be inventive and make one up that fits the theme.

DJvenom

super-sage
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2010, 11:11:07 pm »
  • Colbydude was here.
As I stated before, using an average poe would work, like the one that guides you through desert colossus in OOT. Also, tingle works.
I do art
I ermmm... DID do art
I do art
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2010, 12:43:17 am »
AH okay. But you don't have much of a ghostly/dreamish theme from the beginning.

Also you could use Tingle  :P Or be inventive and make one up that fits the theme.
As I stated before, using an average poe would work, like the one that guides you through desert colossus in OOT. Also, tingle works.
The way I see it... I can make it just another average poe. I want to use the phantom armor somehow but I do not really support poes. And I even less support tingle! I am thinking of making more than one guide, however. If I make a custom guide... Were should I start? (Uncreative when it comes to topics like these.)
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2010, 08:25:43 am »
If you want to use the phantom armor like the Phantoms in ST for certain situations, then you don't specifically need a guide to transform into it. You could also feature an item such TP's Dominion Rod.
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2010, 08:25:24 pm »
If you want to use the phantom armor like the Phantoms in ST for certain situations, then you don't specifically need a guide to transform into it. You could also feature an item such TP's Dominion Rod.
I realise that, it is just what we currently came up with. Also, the Dominion Rod is in our game as a quest item. A similer item to it is called a Poe Chamber that lets certian people or you to bring an object to life. (If you play you'd understand the difference.)

Zhello

N.A.D.I.
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2010, 06:14:01 am »
  • L'homme avec beaucoup de noms.
Doesn't Jalhala name mean hell?  Why would it be a guide?  I'd prefer the owl lol, despite his annoyance, he is still a memorable character.  But if Jal the guide then its ok lol, finally something interesting since other characters in the series.

My question is: Does he turn on the player later on or something?  that spr you made looks cool  XD
« Last Edit: March 14, 2010, 06:21:13 am by Linkwolf48 »
The IT Guy
Intermediate Coder
Linux is a wonderful thing
~Linkwolf48/Gumstone1080~

The Legend of Zelda - New Beginnings

http://zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=34986.0
1.6 Demo -
https://www.dropbox.com/s/56km0iadaras56g/LoZNB%20Game%20Folder.rar?dl=0

Side Projects:

Dragon Diary - Cybernetic Threat
Story: http://wiki.zfgc.com/Cybernetic_Threat

Aero88
ZFGC is like the Hotel California.  You can come in but you can never leave!

devianart: http://linkwolf48.deviantart.com/
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2010, 07:05:56 am »
Doesn't Jalhala name mean hell?  Why would it be a guide?  I'd prefer the owl lol, despite his annoyance, he is still a memorable character.  But if Jal the guide then its ok lol, finally something interesting since other characters in the series.

My question is: Does he turn on the player later on or something?  that spr you made looks cool  XD
Yes, Jalhalla is Islamic for hell. And Finally! I didn't want to make it too obvious but somebody finally figured out what i was trying to do. (Jalhalla turns on the player!)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.267 seconds with 64 queries.