Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Nominations - August 2010  (Read 3053 times)

Nominations - August 2010
« on: August 22, 2010, 08:24:54 pm »
Time for the next PotM. I might be busy next weekend so voting starts a little early this month.
Also, we may change some things about the voting process soon. Me and 4Sword are still swapping idea's. Think along the lines of: also letting graphics/sounds compete, letting people cast more then I vote and/or moving all voted topics over to Sponsored for as many months as people vote for them. Feel free to share your opinion on that if you wish to (and also vote obviously). I'll let everybody know as soon as a final decisions have been made.

Anyway, here is the list of suitable projects for voting:
Legend of Zelda: The missing piece
Legend of Zelda: Horn of Balance
Majora's Mask remake using UDK
Project Jaruno
Surface

Personally I vote for the Majora's Mask remake. What is already done shows great skill and detail. My only concern for this project is continuation as it seems to place the bar a little high, but I am looking forward to seeing more regardless. Some mock-up gameplay images would already be a great endresult in itself so hopefully it can make it that far at least.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2011, 02:47:52 am by 4Sword »
Re: Nominations - August 2010
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2010, 08:34:48 pm »
Updated rules:
- Every project to get votes in a month will have earned a place in the Sponsored section for the month that follows.
- If a project does not get any votes during month it will not be in Sponsored in the following month. This also happens if the project is not nominated by lack of progress.
- All previously present rules surrounding the PotM voting are still in effect as they were untill mentioned otherwise.

More details and other possible changes are still being discussed, but this one is pretty definitive.
In short: You guys/girls hereby get more direct control over who does or does not get into Sponsored the following month. If a single person votes for a project then that is enough to get it moved. There is no longer a reason not to vote for a project months in a row (in fact: it's encouraged to keep it from falling back). Getting moved to Sponsored hopefully encourages creators for there continued work and I also hope that you all reading this will help support the projects you feel deserve it.

Feel free to give some feedback on this matter if you're voting anyway.

Mirby

Drifter
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2010, 12:27:01 am »
  • To bomb or not to bomb...
Horn of Balance.

Mirby Studios | Share & Enjoy now available! (Links above!) | Games I've Beaten
Quote from: Mamoruanime
I like-like it :D
  • Mirby Studios
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2010, 03:18:55 pm »
  • Master Of Disaster
I have a hard time choosing between Horn of Balance and MM remake, but I guess I'll have to choose Horn of Balance. It has progressed quite nicely and has much more content so far than the MM remake.

.TakaM was here
  • Lumeuni
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2010, 05:42:58 am »
Surface has been added to the nominations.
Also, we are in agreement on some more changes to voting, which will come in effect next month.
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2010, 11:04:45 am »
I vote Horn of Balance, definitely the best project in the list.
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2010, 04:56:39 pm »
The votes are in then. Horn of Balance won this month.
Horn of Balance and Majora's Mask remake got votes and so both will make there way into the sponsored section for the coming month. I'll leave the Missing Piece where it is for now as these new rules got announced only halfway in the month.

The next round of voting will start somewhere around the 20th. I'll then also explain what the rest of the changes to the voting for PotM will be.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 47 queries.

anything