Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Poll

Which project(s) deserves to become PotM?

Tech demo - Horn of Balance
- 11 (11.5%)
Ode to Zelda GB
- 11 (11.5%)
The Legend of Zelda (Remake)
- 4 (4.2%)
The Legend of Zelda: Black Crown
- 4 (4.2%)
Pokemon MMORPG - PokemonCraft [disqualified]
- 19 (19.8%)
Surface
- 9 (9.4%)
The Myth of Heroa
- 8 (8.3%)
[Alpha] Map Editor 0.7a
- 1 (1%)
Sonic X-treme GM8
- 4 (4.2%)
Final Fantasy ~no name~
- 1 (1%)
The Legend of Zelda: The Awakening of a Shadow
- 2 (2.1%)
OOT2D Map Project
- 19 (19.8%)
Zelda Custom Tiles
- 3 (3.1%)

Total Members Voted: 31

Voting closed: October 01, 2010, 07:37:31 am

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Nominations - September 2010  (Read 8748 times)

Nominations - September 2010
« on: September 23, 2010, 08:29:56 pm »
Let's go over the latest rules first. (Since I'm not going to override 4Sword's info topic I'll just post them here)

Updated rules:
- Projects to vote for will still be pre-selected as usual. Your project will be pre-selected if it has shown some form of relevant progress during the current month. Think along the lines of a new demo, screenshot, video etc.

- Normally selection only applies to the projects in the topics: Sponsored, Completed, WIP, WIP other and Concepts. We now expand the range to also include projects from Templates, Graphics and Audio. The projects also need to have shown some form of relevant progress. There are added rules for them though: they will need to contain more then just one sound/picture or template (whichever applies). It may not be a request topic. Basicly the aim is to only nominate continued projects.

- You now have the option to vote in the poll. (If one is not yet present when you read this, then one will be added shortly). Posting a comment explaining why you voted for one project over another is no longer needed, but it is still highly encouraged. I will obviously do creator's good to read some friendly feedback, but it will also make the difference in case of a tie. If there is a tie and no relevant comments are present then I'll have to favor one over the other personally and I'd rather avoid that.

- Every project to get votes in a month will have earned a place in the Sponsored section for the month that follows. If a project does not get any votes during month then it will not be in Sponsored in the following month. This also happens if the project was not nominated due to lack of progress. The project with the most votes is crowned Project of the Month. The creator will receive a message from me in regard to a short interview and the creation of a PotM topic.

- You all gets the option to vote for multiple projects a month (if they so please). As each voted project moves to Sponsored you could use your votes for moving various interested topics as a sign of support. Or you could vote for just that one topic you really favour for PotM. And if you're always torn up between multiple topic then this is the sollution for that too. Just vote for both. Just remember that each vote hold equal weight. If for you vote for more projects, but really only favor one in particular for PotM then you can always add a comment and explain. It'll make a difference in the case of a tie or it could convice others to vote for your favourite as well.

This month's nominations:
Tech demo - Horn of Balance
Ode to Zelda GB
The Legend of Zelda: Black Crown
Pokemon MMORPG - PokemonCraft
Surface
The Myth of Heroa
[Alpha] Map Editor 0.7a
Sonic X-treme GM8
Final Fantasy ~no name~
The Legend of Zelda: The Awakening of a Shadow
OOT2D Map Project
Zelda Custom Tiles
« Last Edit: March 15, 2011, 02:47:14 am by 4Sword »
Re: Nominations - September 2010
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2010, 09:22:33 pm »
That's a nice list of projects this month (and there are even some more topics I was in conflict about).
It's a tough call because there is definatly something to choose again, but I think I'll go with the Sonic game.
It's not really my type of gameplay, but I really appreciate the development side of things.
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2010, 11:50:16 pm »
You can take down the Final Fantasy game.  It is still very well into the concept stage so i won't be providing any updates soon.

Votes:
My project for obvious reasons.

Legend of Zelda: Black Crown.
Even though it has some pretty high requirements with packages that are required, this game has not gotten the attention it deserves.
Updates are not frequent, however, I do believe it should get at least my vote.  It is very solid and actually plays nicely in a Zelda environment for being a "heck n slash" style game.

Surface
Though I have yet to get a chance at a demo(come on Travis), and the development updates are slow, I love the style of the game.  I know it will be a pretty solid engine too once he gets done.
  • Super Fan Gamers!

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2010, 12:14:56 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
I voted for Myth of Heroa because it's had a lot of progress, and I love the idea of making a retro clone game that doesn't stick to someone elses IP entirely.

I also voted Surface because c'mon; an NES exploration game focusing on speed running? !@#$% sweet.
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2010, 06:35:51 am »
The ones I voted for were:

I really like Minish Cap projects and Freki's project has a potential for some good updates.

Sonic Xtreme GM8
The project is really neat in that in how it shows Game Maker can do 3D type games. While there could be improvements the technical aspects of the game so far are really impressive. Also it is cool when new users post good stuff.

OOT2D Map Project
There are multiple users working together on this which doesn't happen often. Also there is a lot of attention to detail.

Zelda Custom Tiles
Leduardo has been posting custom Minish Cap stuff and has been open to constructive criticism about how he can make his stuff better. The project has been around for a while and hasn't been spotlighted all that much.

« Last Edit: September 24, 2010, 07:05:13 am by 4Sword »
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2010, 06:41:24 am »
Freki's game is an interesting vote considering no update in 2 weeks. 
Though, I guess everyone can vote for their own reasons, I think voting based on potential is not a good thing.
Just my opinion.  I vote based upon what is actually available for the player to play/test(if it is a demo).
How solid does it operate? Does is make sense?  Are there alot of glitches?  Does it feel very clunky for what it is based upon?
etc etc

I am making intelligent discussion, not trying to start any flames.  I find that vote interesting though since you said it has potential...
  • Super Fan Gamers!

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2010, 07:07:41 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
^But you voted for Surface :P

Just sayin XD
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2010, 07:09:01 am »
^But you voted for Surface :P

Just sayin XD
Had to...God made me do it.
  • Super Fan Gamers!
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2010, 07:12:02 am »
Freki once posted an engine that he made with Minish Cap graphics. It had a lot of features and I am biased in that I know what it is like to work on coding with Minish Cap graphics so I know more closely what he is doing. I understand when people are busy for 14 days. Because the Sponsored board now accepts up to 4 projects monthly, the Project of the Month will still be the project with the most votes which should represent the one which is the most deserving.
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2010, 07:13:53 am »
Well, I was just wondering. lol
  • Super Fan Gamers!
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2010, 02:24:54 pm »
Theforeshadower: I'm unsure what'll happen if I remove one of the voting options somewhere in between so I'd like to just keep the topic in the poll. We could agree that it won't be moved to sponsored if voted for should you have objections.

barlendo

« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2010, 02:49:17 pm »
The best Pokemon game : pokemon craft
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2010, 02:59:47 pm »
Yeah, right. The pokemon game just jumped from zero to seventeen votes.
I suspect a serious case of fraud here!
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2010, 03:58:02 pm »
I didn't know there was money involved in the PotM prizes, who witholds this information from all but one contestant :P?
Quote from: Jason
Your community is a bunch of stuck up turds.
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2010, 05:04:19 pm »
I vote:

Ode to Zelda GB: Real nice game and I hope that the revision becomes even better.

The Myth of Heroa: A real good homage to the NES Zelda. Just love it.

OOT2D Map Project: A project with a lot of potential to be actually used in a game one day.

That or CeFurKan has asked a number of people playing his game to vote here anonymously. Maybe you should make the rule you can only vote anonymously when you have over 10 posts somewhere else in the boards.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2010, 05:07:14 pm by Niek »
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2010, 06:02:09 pm »
I vote:

Ode to Zelda GB: Real nice game and I hope that the revision becomes even better.

The Myth of Heroa: A real good homage to the NES Zelda. Just love it.

OOT2D Map Project: A project with a lot of potential to be actually used in a game one day.

That or CeFurKan has asked a number of people playing his game to vote here anonymously. Maybe you should make the rule you can only vote anonymously when you have over 10 posts somewhere else in the boards.

He probably asked in game, seeing as how the most votes any other game has gotten has been 5, while his is at 18\

All these people registered on the same day

Show content
SeeRDaaR        
max_musquetar@yahoo.com                            
hao chen  
münür  
nischith
afilliaynasiz
sezgin2x  
yenilmez12  
brkekinci  
ash_on    
Pichuman  
Skywalker    
PhoenixTR  
serseri_41_1907      
ZHAN  
TeckTonik  
 kaiko  
 luxord    
 bojovnik    
firebast                    
barlendo  

Before then only 1-3 people registered a day for awhile.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2010, 06:15:35 pm by FISSURE »

« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2010, 12:06:26 am »
Theforeshadower: I'm unsure what'll happen if I remove one of the voting options somewhere in between so I'd like to just keep the topic in the poll. We could agree that it won't be moved to sponsored if voted for should you have objections.
Yeah.  Just keep it from being put in sponsored.  Don't think it'll get a vote, but you never know :/
  • Super Fan Gamers!

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2010, 03:47:16 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
Okay; I'm going to mildly abuse my power and expose this;

Pokemon MMORPG - PokemonCraft  19 (34.5%)
Pirgah, CeFurkan, barlendo, firebast, bojovnik, kaiko, TeckTonik, ZHAN, serseri_41_1907, PhoenixTR, Skywalker, Pichuman, ash_on, brkekinci, yenilmez12, sezgin2x, afilliaynasiz, hao chen, max_musquetar@yahoo.com

Tampering with votes = ban under the vash'n'mammycakes regime; I don't know what 4Sword plans to have done about it; but uh. Disqualification anyway should be imminent.

ZFGC's PotM is for ZFGC users BY ZFGC users; not everyone you can invite in to vote for you.

~For a good read, click me~
« Last Edit: September 25, 2010, 05:01:14 am by Mamoruアニメ »
« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2010, 04:44:52 am »
Okay; I'm going to mildly abuse my power and expose this;

Pokemon MMORPG - PokemonCraft  19 (34.5%)
Pirgah, CeFurkan, barlendo, firebast, bojovnik, kaiko, TeckTonik, ZHAN, serseri_41_1907, PhoenixTR, Skywalker, Pichuman, ash_on, brkekinci, yenilmez12, sezgin2x, afilliaynasiz, hao chen, max_musquetar@yahoo.com

Tampering with votes = ban under the vash'n'mammycakes regime; I don't know what 4Sword plans to have done about it; but uh. Disqualification anyway should be imminent.

ZFGC's PotM is for ZFGC users BY ZFGC users; not everyone you can invite in to vote for you.

~For a good read, click me~

Well that was easy to call. Vote stuffing is bad.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2010, 04:59:47 am by Mamoruアニメ »

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2010, 05:00:54 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
XD damnit 2 for 2, meant to edit my post Fish not yours XD
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 76 queries.

anything