Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Looking for artist for experimental Zelda gameplay project  (Read 10327 times)

Re: Looking for artist for experimental Zelda ga...
« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2012, 12:27:13 am »
  • Minalien
It's cool bro. ;P

Anyway, I updated the Experiment page with the new sheet. :D I still haven't had time to do as much work as I'd like, but after tomorrow things should calm down a bit (until Sunday, at least).
There's such a double standard about religion in the modern world. Catholics can gather, wear white robes, and say "In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti" and be considered normal.

But if my friends and I gather, wear black robes, and say  "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn", we're considered cultists.
  • Development Blog
« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2012, 12:43:32 am »
  • I had to sew my face back on with string cheese
Cool beans.

I didn't take into account the 3d nature of the project so it might need a redesign.

Made some modifications to make his head look less awkward from the back.  Also fixed the belt and some black lines I apparently forgot about.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 02:07:53 am by Mitsu »
« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2012, 01:13:36 pm »
  • Minalien
Cool beans.

I didn't take into account the 3d nature of the project so it might need a redesign.

Made some modifications to make his head look less awkward from the back.  Also fixed the belt and some black lines I apparently forgot about.
I'll update Link in a second. One thing I am a little curious about is what might be done with the orientation of the enemy. In Mario, the orientation didn't really matter all that much because they all follow the "Mario jumps on their head and they die" routine, while a number of enemies in Zelda tend to shoot projectiles. Do you think it would look right with some more direct angles for enemies? I'll play around with the Octorok sprite you've already whipped up in a second and see how it handles in its current state.
There's such a double standard about religion in the modern world. Catholics can gather, wear white robes, and say "In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti" and be considered normal.

But if my friends and I gather, wear black robes, and say  "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn", we're considered cultists.
  • Development Blog
« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2012, 01:45:01 pm »
  • I had to sew my face back on with string cheese
Yea, I should've realized the problem before I put so much time into it (an hour, oh no!).

Anyway, this might work better.

And...  I'm so sorry, I had to make a few more changes.  I'm sorry, I'll get to work on those attack animations now.
« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2012, 01:52:15 pm »
  • Minalien
Yea, I should've realized the problem before I put so much time into it (an hour, oh no!).

Anyway, this might work better.

And...  I'm so sorry, I had to make a few more changes.  I'm sorry, I'll get to work on those attack animations now.

That Octorok is adorable, and I think it's the perfect angle - even projectiles flying straight at the player will look appropriate. XD

Changes are no problem - all I've been doing is optimizing the texture size (so that the textures are power-of-two), and that takes all of five seconds.

• Development Blog

Sinkin

Team Dekunutz
« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2012, 03:43:04 pm »
  • Idk
OMG, how could I miss this topic?! Too bad you already have artists now :(

EDIT:

Meh, gave it a shot just for fun!
« Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 04:40:27 pm by SinkinDevil »
« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2012, 05:59:39 pm »
  • Minalien
Dude, Sinkin, that's ridiculously awesome. XD

• Development Blog

Sinkin

Team Dekunutz
« Reply #27 on: April 10, 2012, 08:07:05 pm »
  • Idk
Animation test, I will put a bit more "swing" in his arms and a liiiiiiittle bit more bounce.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 08:15:57 pm by SinkinDevil »
« Reply #28 on: April 10, 2012, 08:47:25 pm »
  • Minalien
Guess it looks a little awkward (and a bit stiff) as an animation. I'm gonna stick with Mitsu's art throughout the experiment - but if you're interested and the project plays well enough to turn into a full project, I'd love to work with you on some Wind Waker-esque storyboard portions.

• Development Blog

Sinkin

Team Dekunutz
« Reply #29 on: April 10, 2012, 09:16:47 pm »
  • Idk
Yeah, sure! The animation was just a test to see it in motion. So if it gets into a project I will put a lot of more time in the animations/art.  :)
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.195 seconds with 54 queries.