Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Why can't we make new posts in the tutorials section?  (Read 4869 times)

spectrumbranch

Why can't we make new posts in the tutorials sec...
« on: December 23, 2012, 11:49:59 pm »
see topic name

It may be a good thing to let people post tutorials, it may help foster more education!
Re: Why can't we make new posts in the tutorials...
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2012, 11:56:22 pm »
  • AKA "Micah DS"
Good find. Everything else works for posting resources and projects but when you want to add a new tutorial it just goes to the home page. I second the need for this to be fixed.
  • My Music

thestig

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2012, 11:57:32 pm »
This won't be fixed. Refer to: http://zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=39383.0

tl;dr, the code was so horrible with the tutorials module that I outright disabled it. The current administration should heed the warnings about dropping this codebase ASAP

EDIT: I partially should take the blame for its horrible state considering I was working under the pretenses that the author had gone through and tested everything, and should've just dropped the site completely and started fresh when my time was there -- rather than keeping it going and fixing whatever bugs were reported. Though I doubt anyone will fix this.
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2012, 11:59:02 pm »
Even when the tutorials section was operative, it did not have a surge of people doing things with it. If anything, if someone wants to post a tutorial, why not use the Wiki (which has the added benefit of allowing multiple people to work on tutorials together)?

spectrumbranch

« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2012, 04:32:49 am »
Even when the tutorials section was operative, it did not have a surge of people doing things with it. If anything, if someone wants to post a tutorial, why not use the Wiki (which has the added benefit of allowing multiple people to work on tutorials together)?

If this is the case perhaps we should remove/migrate that forum section then as it is going to be progressively outdated and unusable.
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2012, 04:06:53 pm »
  • Doesn't afraid of anything

I agree with this, the wiki really should be used for things like this.

i love big weenies and i cannot lie
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 46 queries.

anything