Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Link to the Past Gameboy Demake Map  (Read 6494 times)

Link to the Past Gameboy Demake Map
« on: January 12, 2019, 04:05:57 am »
Hi Everybody. Just uploading this for anyone interested. Just a past time I had started after learning Link's Awakening originally started development as a port of Link's awakening for the Gameboy.

My intentions was to fully flesh out the map using Game Maker as a tile editor while using the same map size of Oracle of Ages/Seasons, then to look into the possibility of editing a rom tile data of either of those games to play on an actual Gameboy. Have since lost interest in pursuing it further but would like to see someone utilise it in one of their own projects!
Re: Link to the Past Gameboy Demake Map
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2019, 09:38:53 pm »
Nice work. How long did it take you?
Re: Link to the Past Gameboy Demake Map
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2019, 08:57:43 am »
Can't exactly remember. Not really a huge time sink. Easy to lay down the foundations of each area as I went along and add detail. Hardest part was trying to make the world cohesive and not splice together, much like the Link to the past map does. You can see some areas suffer as a result of trying to compress it to fit the 160x128 view size on the Gameboy and the 14x14 world size. Most notably Kakariko didn't really flow properly sectioning each individual building separately with hedges and made it hard to navigate the space; hence why I opted to make it open similar to the village in Link's Awakening.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.057 seconds with 41 queries.

anything