Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Paper Zelda project, programmers needed  (Read 4063 times)

Paper Zelda project, programmers needed
« on: February 12, 2014, 03:28:25 pm »
Hello
So here is a zelda fangame idea what i really want to make but since i just started learning unity, all i can do is make sprites and backgrounds at the moment.

here is a made up pic how the game would look like:
http://sherto.deviantart.com/art/Paper-Zelda-433329651

The project is open to everyone who are obsessed to make a zelda fan game as much as i am.
I had many projects and all was canceled early because, its hard to communicate on web with a different time zone ( im from europe), and usually the other people wasnt that interested after the first hardships.So i welcome everyone who are committed to finish the project.
And if its too hard, takes too much time, then make it short, i dont care just lets make it done.

About the game:

One of the problems with my previous projects was : i made the story and the elements of the game alone and the others doesnt felt they own the game idea or they are one of the creators,so this time i didnt wrote the whole story and etc.. just the basic idea.
The sub title would be something like, the tome of ....something, maybe the tome of memories.
The main item would be the magical tome. Its a tome which is missing its pages and if you found one ( usually after bosses ) a new area will open, since this is the book of memories and if the page is restored, the memory of that place will be restored back as well.
After an area is restored you cant reach all of its parts, you will have to restore the sentences as well, because all of the headlines missing their first letter illuminations.After you find the letter, the sentence will be complete and the way would open.
okay thats about the story
the game play would be just as like the paper mario ones but it wont be a turn based system but much like: you meet an enemy, and the camera would fixing on that part of the stage. You can move freely and do whatever you want, but you cant go further until you defeat the enemy. You can escape if you go backward where you came from. Ok this is just an idea and i willing to change it if my partner doesnt like it,just like the item system ( although i think its good and unique ).
The item system would be: after you got something new ( like a bomb ) it would have a ammo bar instead of numbers.If you got a new heart, it wont be added as a new heart sprite but you would have just one heart container and it will be added as a new layer or stripe on that one heart sprite.
About the engine:
Im open the every solution but i dont think its necessary to make it in 3D or 2.5D. It will be fine in simple 2D and it would be easier to make.However i dont know pits and stairs how can be work in 2D.
The best would be to make it in unity since as i told i started to learn it also.

just in case ,you can contact me here also:
zsombor1985@gmail.com

« Last Edit: February 12, 2014, 07:11:11 pm by zsombor1985 »
Re: Paper Zelda project
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2014, 05:47:08 pm »
It sounds interesting, but I think you are giong to have a lot of work to do. Making the sprites and they engine for this might be a lot of work. Still, I will watch this topic, we don't have a project like this one yet.
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2014, 06:15:50 pm »
thanks
well i suppose i wasnt too clear but this topic is about i searching programmers to this project. since i just started learning unity i cant make the engine.Yeah the best would be if i could make everything but im not good in scripting and etc..
so, im gonna modify the topic's name

« Last Edit: February 12, 2014, 06:18:07 pm by zsombor1985 »
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2014, 06:17:21 pm »
This sounds very awesome i think, but my suggestion would be trying to emulate a paper mario/paper mario and the thousand year door gameplay. The battles were always alot better and part of the game itself, which is what gave paper mario its flare. If i wasnt also new at unity i would want to help, but i dont know much.
Re: Paper Zelda project, programmers needed
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2014, 06:37:44 pm »
well,its depends on what the team mates thinking.
yeah the turn based battle system ( or at least a battle with a different background )  indeed the part of the paper mario style.
Also the exp and the leveling up as well. Well, you never know what will be at the end.As i said im open to the ideas cause i dont want to cancel the project because all i do is ordering the guys to do this and that and they dont have fun. I want to inspire them with inviting them in the brainstorming so i hope at least we will finish it.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2014, 06:42:54 pm by zsombor1985 »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 44 queries.

anything