Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Zadama's Minish Cap-style Sprites  (Read 8266 times)

Zadama's Minish Cap-style Sprites
« on: June 14, 2015, 02:44:37 pm »
Hi all! I've been lurking around the forums for years and, after my exams this semester, decided to try my hand at Minish Cap spriting. My first was an edit of Smith, inspired by http://unrealitymag.bcmediagroup.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/old-link2.jpg. The rest have been posted later in this thread, but I've included them now in the first post so more people can see.

Any criticism or advice would be much appreciated!
« Last Edit: June 19, 2015, 09:25:20 pm by zadama »
Re: "Old Link" MC-style Sprite
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2015, 06:28:09 pm »
  • Just call me Brad
Hi all! I've been lurking around the forums for years and, after my exams this semester, decided to try my hand at Minish Cap spriting. This first one is an edit of Smith, inspired by http://unrealitymag.bcmediagroup.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/old-link2.jpg.

Any criticism or advice would be much appreciated! I'm going to fiddle around with the colours a bit more as a starter for ten, as I'm not quite sure on them yet.

Welcome to the forum Zadama!! I think he looks great :)!! Can´t wait to see more of your work in the future. have a look at some of my work on my topic if you haven´t already.  ;)

Miles07

Knight of ERA
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2015, 06:39:00 pm »
  • Long live the Chaos!!
Hello, Zadama. Hope to see more of your projects here!
I was talking to my friend last night, and he was mentioning about how in 1980, he thought the internet would become this amazing place where people from across the world would share ideas. I was telling him about how this project [KOT] has worked, lurching along for years and drawn by different people from across the globe, and he thought it was beautiful. And he was right, it's awesome. :D

Zelda Items Spritesheet album (OUT OF DATE) - (link here)
A Link Across Time project - (link here)
Boss Keys project (Metroid) - (link here)
Boss Keys project (Zelda) - (link here)
Boss Keys project Trello Board - (link here)
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2015, 07:20:44 pm »
Welcome to the forum Zadama!! I think he looks great :)!! Can´t wait to see more of your work in the future. have a look at some of my work on my topic if you haven´t already.  ;)

Hello, Zadama. Hope to see more of your projects here!

Thanks guys! Here's my first attempt at making the walking sprites. Shadows will be added in later. I'll have to re-do the "left" ones, as they're based off of Smith's limited movements rather than from Link's.

« Last Edit: June 14, 2015, 07:23:25 pm by zadama »

Miles07

Knight of ERA
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2015, 08:55:03 pm »
  • Long live the Chaos!!
The sideview hat looks a bit wonky... The front corner seems off.
I was talking to my friend last night, and he was mentioning about how in 1980, he thought the internet would become this amazing place where people from across the world would share ideas. I was telling him about how this project [KOT] has worked, lurching along for years and drawn by different people from across the globe, and he thought it was beautiful. And he was right, it's awesome. :D

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2015, 02:15:06 pm »

I think it's the way I've done the hair, I'll try and fix it. In the meantime, here's a quick version of Fi from Skyward Sword I did today! The head is an edit of the FSA fairy.
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2015, 02:42:47 pm »
  • Just call me Brad

I think it's the way I've done the hair, I'll try and fix it. In the meantime, here's a quick version of Fi from Skyward Sword I did today! The head is an edit of the FSA fairy.

She looks cool, but she is too tall, try and make her a little shorter

Miles07

Knight of ERA
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2015, 03:05:32 pm »
  • Long live the Chaos!!
Fi's not TOO tall, Malefor. The size comparison is using 10-yr-old Link, not the teenage Link we see in Skyward Sword. Probably if you brought her about 3 pixels down... She has a long neck, but not THAT long. Remember that for Minish Cap style sprites, you can see plenty of the tops of their heads, but not their legs very much (because of perspective and the angle at which the "camera" is set), so this would put Fi's crystal too low on her body.

« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2015, 03:41:31 pm »
She looks cool, but she is too tall, try and make her a little shorter

Fi's not TOO tall, Malefor. The size comparison is using 10-yr-old Link, not the teenage Link we see in Skyward Sword. Probably if you brought her about 3 pixels down... She has a long neck, but not THAT long. Remember that for Minish Cap style sprites, you can see plenty of the tops of their heads, but not their legs very much (because of perspective and the angle at which the "camera" is set), so this would put Fi's crystal too low on her body.

I brought her head down three pixels as you suggested, it does look better. With regards to the crystal - I wanted to make it quite a central feature - do think it looks okay, or that it should be smaller?

Miles07

Knight of ERA
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2015, 05:19:27 pm »
  • Long live the Chaos!!
I think the size of the crystal looks great.

« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2015, 11:47:52 pm »
Another two I've been working on - the Hero's Shade from Twilight Princess (it looks tall, but that's primarily because of the size/shape of the helm) and a Watcher from the Silent Realm in Skyward Sword.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2015, 01:25:42 am by zadama »
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2015, 05:37:05 am »
  • Just call me Brad
Whoa!! Cool watcher and ESPECIALLY the hero´s shade, are you going to animate him?
I tryed the watcher myself once, check out my spriting proyect, its around there somewere. XD

Miles07

Knight of ERA
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2015, 05:49:33 am »
  • Long live the Chaos!!
Nice and nice.

« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2015, 01:02:16 am »
Cheers for the responses, guys. I might have a crack at animating him, Sp3ctrum, I'll see :)

Anyway, here's something I did today - Sci-Fi Zelda! Inspired by an unused piece of concept art for ALTTP from Hyrule Historia (http://www.gamnesia.com/images/uploads/zelda-scifi-dress.png - one on the right). There's one with Zelda wearing a tiara, and one with her not. Not entirely sure about her arms, but I'd spent so long messing around with them I'd lost concentration.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2015, 01:11:04 am by zadama »
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2015, 07:57:39 am »
  • Just call me Brad
Cheers for the responses, guys. I might have a crack at animating him, Sp3ctrum, I'll see :)

Anyway, here's something I did today - Sci-Fi Zelda! Inspired by an unused piece of concept art for ALTTP from Hyrule Historia (http://www.gamnesia.com/images/uploads/zelda-scifi-dress.png - one on the right). There's one with Zelda wearing a tiara, and one with her not. Not entirely sure about her arms, but I'd spent so long messing around with them I'd lost concentration.

Beautiful.
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2015, 09:03:47 pm »
I've worked on my Sci-Fi Zelda over the past few days, and I've also finished a few more. The first is what I've been calling a "Skelelin" - basically an edited Moblin, looking more like a Stalfos. Second is a "Hyrule Heavy Soldier", inspired by the soldiers from TP. Last but not least is the "Spirit Witch", inspired by an unused concept piece from Hyrule Historia. Enjoy!
Re: Zadama's Minish Cap-style Sprites
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2015, 11:09:01 am »
  • You can have my Heart! I have no use for it.
I like the Fi sprite! Is there any chance you'll extend the sprite with a side view?

Zelda Untitled - Demo coming soon!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.078 seconds with 68 queries.

anything