Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Poll

Should any sprites be "forbidden"?

Yes
- 17 (65.4%)
No
- 7 (26.9%)
If they're not ZoraFan89's
- 2 (7.7%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Voting closed: June 22, 2006, 09:02:37 pm

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Should any sprites be "forbidden"?  (Read 3754 times)

dylan623

Should any sprites be "forbidden"?
« on: June 15, 2006, 09:02:37 pm »
I voted no.

/M/

Re: Should any sprites be "forbidden"?
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2006, 09:10:30 pm »
I vote yes.

It's people choice if they want to release their sprites, not some silly pre-teen MC fanboy. You need to go with their decisions, not yours.

I bet you wouldn't like it if I took BoD from you, stolen all of your work, and release it as mine own game.

dylan623

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2006, 09:13:30 pm »
I vote yes.

It's people choice if they want to release their sprites, not some silly pre-teen MC fanboy. You need to go with their decisions, not yours.

I bet you wouldn't like it if I took BoD from you, stolen all of your work, and release it as mine own game.
Do you want to take this to the PMs, punk? >:( Even if I did use a forbidden sprite I would give credit, I always give credit. If you did that I would hunt you down and feed you to rabid penguins.
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2006, 09:13:54 pm »
  • w00t
Although I think it's silly to release sprites but then forbid others to use them, I believe that you are taking things way too far with Zora.  Seriously, chill.  You two are constantly bickering over a stupid sprite.  If he asks you not to use a sprite, the least you can do is ask permission BEFORE you go all out and defy his wishes.  Now that you've acted like a jerk about it all, I highly doubt he'll grant you permission.

Come on guys, is it really that big of a deal?
What do you mean I need a life?  =P  Hm... Lives... Isn't that something that you get in Super Mario Bros?  You know, those green mushrooms?  That's a life, right?

My one and only fangame, Link Maze, may be viewed at http://www.zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=82.0
  • Link Maze - Zelda mini fangame

El Huesudo II

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2006, 09:14:25 pm »
Haaaaarsh...

I voted Yes. And by the way, /M/, you either voted no, or he redid the poll, because I only see my Yes vote there.

Oh, and by the way, Dylan, you gotta accept the fact that some people won't let you use their sprites, even if you ask. Just practice and do your own, dude.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2006, 09:16:24 pm by El Huesudo II »

dylan623

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2006, 09:16:16 pm »
Although I think it's silly to release sprites but then forbid others to use them, I believe that you are taking things way too far with Zora.  Seriously, chill.  You two are constantly bickering over a stupid sprite.  If he asks you not to use a sprite, the least you can do is ask permission BEFORE you go all out and defy his wishes.  Now that you've acted like a jerk about it all, I highly doubt he'll grant you permission.

Come on guys, is it really that big of a deal?
If you think that look at my other topic.
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2006, 09:19:01 pm »
  • w00t

Um, I did.  That's where I formed my opinion.  You started acting like a 5 year old, saying "I don't care what you say, I'm gonna use your sprite anyway."  You defied Zora's wishes, you defied the mods' orders, and then FINALLY you said "Okay, ZoraFan89 may I PLEASE use your sprites?"  Why do you think he would say Yes now?

I'm not saying Zora isn't at fault either.  I think he's being overly defensive about his sprites.  It seemed like the only reason he re-added the sprite to the forbidden list was because you used it, which seems pretty spiteful towards you.  However, you're not exactly helping things either.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2006, 09:20:51 pm by dantheman »
What do you mean I need a life?  =P  Hm... Lives... Isn't that something that you get in Super Mario Bros?  You know, those green mushrooms?  That's a life, right?

My one and only fangame, Link Maze, may be viewed at http://www.zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=82.0
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2006, 09:25:14 pm »
  • =/
I beleive yes. The ZGA is not just about finding graphics for yourself, its about displaying something and getting reconition for making it. I don't have a big deal with people using my sprites (Forbidden or not) as long as they give credit but if some people are very protective of their work.Zorafan has a right to his work and what it should be used in.

I did this in red so people would notice me.  :)

dylan623

« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2006, 09:26:02 pm »
[I did this in red so people would notice me.  :)
Who are you?

El Huesudo II

« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2006, 09:26:40 pm »

Um, I did.  That's where I formed my opinion.  You started acting like a 5 year old, saying "I don't care what you say, I'm gonna use your sprite anyway."  You defied Zora's wishes, you defied the mods' orders, and then FINALLY you said "Okay, ZoraFan89 may I PLEASE use your sprites?"  Why do you think he would say Yes now?

I'm not saying Zora isn't at fault either.  I think he's being overly defensive about his sprites.  It seemed like the only reason he re-added the sprite to the forbidden list was because you used it, which seems pretty spiteful towards you.  However, you're not exactly helping things either.

I'd do the same as ZoraFan did if my sprites (if they actually exist someday XD) were being used without permission. What's the matter about asking?

And I still say, Dylan, practice. It's not impossible.

dylan623

« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2006, 09:27:25 pm »

I'd do the same as ZoraFan did if my sprites (if they actually exist someday XD) were being used without permission. What's the matter about asking?

And I still say, Dylan, practice. It's not impossible.
I'm not a spriter.
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2006, 09:29:53 pm »
  • w00t

The sprite in particular was apparently not on the "forbidden list" to begin with.  Why would you need to ask permission to use a sprite that's been marked as "free to use"?  And what if the creator had left the forum (like Zora nearly did a while ago)? 

Granted, I personally would generally ask permission anyway out of courtesy, but I don't think it would be required, would it?

dylan623

« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2006, 09:35:36 pm »
If they've left the forum or not is irelivent.

This topic looks to me like another attempt from dylan to attack ZoraFan89. It's obvious that's origin, and as far as ZFGC rules go you can't use someone's sprites unless they're open sources so this very topic is an attempt at a defiance of ZFGC rules.
No, I just want to know other peoples opinions. Why do you all hate me :'(
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.522 seconds with 63 queries.