Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Down

Author Topic: Suggestion to Mods about SPAM  (Read 23415 times)

Re: Suggestion to Mods about SPAM
« Reply #140 on: June 24, 2006, 10:05:41 pm »
If you want to keep the discussion going, then do so. My last message actually did have content if you look above. Or did you fail to see the rest of the message?

Do you need me to explain why I say lol? Fine, listen to what I say please, so I don't have to explain it more then once. You've been trying to tell us what spam offers this whole time, and we have been telling you our opinions on the matter, and why you are wrong over and over again. We have to keep telling you how spam offers nothing that is not already offered, other then mindless waste of bandwidth that hurts the forum. Then out of nowhere you say "ok then tell me what spam dose offer" I am sorry, but that just makes me laugh in real life.

Now if you don't mind, please explain what was funny in my post.

Thanks.
We may be human. But we're still animals.
« Reply #141 on: June 24, 2006, 10:19:15 pm »
Now opinions are wrong? LOL (because laughing in an argument brings credibility to your statement)
  • Google Profile
« Reply #142 on: June 24, 2006, 10:26:50 pm »
Now opinions are wrong? LOL (because laughing in an argument brings credibility to your statement)
There are two things that are wrong with that though.  For one, you only posted that after quoting someone and that does not provide enough content; no reason to why you thought that way and no other content.  Second, all you did was copy skully in the exact way he posted what he posted.
« Reply #143 on: June 24, 2006, 10:27:01 pm »
Since when was it said that if somebody states an opinion it was right? My opinions can just as easily be wrong. I say you are wrong in you're opinions, and that is my opinion. In the end, they are still just our opinions.

In my opinion murder could be the right thing to do (its not but I am making a point) and you could just as easily tell me I am wrong, that murder is not right. Just because it was my opinion dose not make it automatically right. But we decide as society that murder is wrong based on our morals. So in you're opinion I would be wrong. Just like in my opinion you are wrong. When I say something that is my opinion. Regardless of how I present it. It doesn't matter if I say "murder is awesome!" as fact because that is just my opinion. Understand?

I won't even respond to the other half of you're comment because it makes no sense to me, and I am to going to waste my time figuring it out, only to drag this topic further off topic. If you have any valid points to make, that you have not already made, and want to maturely continue the discussion, do so. If you want to debate opinions and so forth, PM me, I don't promise to respond because I don't feel like debating the matter right now. But you get the point.

« Reply #144 on: June 24, 2006, 10:32:09 pm »
So, I was wrong about being able to ignore the board? That you don't have to look at it?
  • Google Profile
« Reply #145 on: June 24, 2006, 10:37:16 pm »
So, I was wrong about being able to ignore the board? That you don't have to look at it?
Ive never said that or implied that. But in my last post I said something along the lines of "me and 4sword have been proving you wrong time after time about things" and I suppose that inspired you to make the comment "So opinions are wrong now?" That dose not me that I think you are wrong about being able to ignore boards. You know full well that I am well aware of that function. I wrote a response all about it a little bit back if you bothered to read it. But you have continued to make statements where both me and 4sword have depicted them and shown you what is wrong about you're posts. I did not say that everything you have said has been wrong.

If  you go back to the post where you mentioned ignoring boards, and read my post I shouldn't have to respond to this again. It is all about reading the posts. That way you don't have to repeat things, and I do not have to repeat responses either.
It is not a matter of the board simply being "annoying". We are well aware of the fact that it can be ignored. Please go back and look for that post. I am not going to repeat the same response. But don't make assumptions that Ive said certain things that I haven't. You would know I haven't if you carefully read, and remembered everything Ive said so far in response to you're posts.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2006, 10:39:06 pm by skully »
« Reply #146 on: June 24, 2006, 10:44:54 pm »

I won't even respond to the other half of you're comment because it makes no sense to me, and I am to going to waste my time figuring it out, only to drag this topic further off topic. If you have any valid points to make, that you have not already made, and want to maturely continue the discussion, do so. If you want to debate opinions and so forth, PM me, I don't promise to respond because I don't feel like debating the matter right now. But you get the point.

Need I remind you, you're the one being immature by laughing at everything I say. If you wish to continue the argument maturely, do so.
  • Google Profile
« Reply #147 on: June 24, 2006, 10:57:04 pm »

Need I remind you, you're the one being immature by laughing at everything I say. If you wish to continue the argument maturely, do so.
I laughed at only one comment you made. I also had the decency to explain to you just what was so funny. It's beyond me where you come up with statements like the one I just quoted. I have not been laughing at everything you have said. Anybody can see that. Ive been responding to each of you're comments continuously repeating myself, wasting away my day so you can clearly understand what we have been saying. If you think that is immature, thats fine.

I will respond to this thread when and if, I come across a valid point worth responding to, that has not already been brought up, and settled several times. If somebody else wishes to continue this mindless argument that is going nowhere, and waste hours away with repeating themselves, feel free to continue this. If you are going to make a response, don't expect me to respond back to it unless you are bringing something new to the discussion, that dose not require me to repeat anything I have already clarified countless times in the last few hours. It is a waste of time. If you think it is immature of me to walk out on this, go right ahead, and think whatever you want. I explained why I am leaving, and I don't need to say much more at the moment. I am going to go outside for a bit, and enjoy the rest of the day.
« Reply #148 on: June 30, 2006, 03:47:33 am »
  • Maybe I'll just sit here and bleed at you.
Before I begin this post, I'd like to state two things I am aware of, and that I hope you will take into account while reading this:

A - This will be a long post, and may be considered offensive to some of the people I quote in it.  I apologize for this, but there is absolutely no way I can bring this point up without giving enough quotes, etc to really help the reader understand my perspective in this.  I cannot emphasize this enough: I mean no personal offense to anyone.  I just wish to make my opinion on this clear-cut. 

B - The first aspect of this post, which to be honest is the one I'm focusing more on, doesn't have the same nature as this topic.  It does however serve to preceed the 2nd post, which addresses the subject (namely that I'll make a suggestion about what to do about SPAM).

Without Further Ado

I just came back tonight after some more time away from the board, and noticed these spam topics, and after looking into a few, I've noticed a very disturbing pattern in what the administration and mods have to say about justification for their want to remove spam.  While there are certain reasons why Spam should or should not be kept, according to the viewpoint, but from what I see, the reason given in these topics is absurd.  I'll quote Sol from Halotank's 'Spam 2.0' forum:

Quote from: Sol
I'm gonna cry if we don't at least rewrite the elements of [the Spam forum]. Well thought-out posts are one thing, but any jibberish, leet or other destructive element is the REASON there's a problem in the first place. If it does get removed you guys have only yourself to blame.

Anyone who is familiar with the acronym of Spam should clearly see what I am seeing.  For those who don't, I'll clarify this after quoting Alex2539's announcement:

Quote from: Alex2539
[Spam]'s only use is for stupidity, and stupidity is not a necessary asset to this forum. Seeing as the forum does not serve an actual purpose besides a place for said stupidity, being an unneeded bane upon the forums, the Spam section is therefore useless. For this reason, I believe that the forum ought to be closed.

Those who don't follow are likely scratching their heads by now.  So allow me to give the common phrase that SPAM represents as an acronym:

Stupid
Pointless
Annoying
So, if you weren't getting it, the main reason given that Spam is a negative thing and should be annhilated, and apparently something that, if a justified point, has gone without justice for all this time, is that Spam is Spam.  It's absurd.  Ok, how is this a change?  Because more people post in it?  That doesn't change the nature of spam at all.  Spam is Spam.  It reminds me of a certain general character in Monty Python's Flying Circus who'd show up through the show shouting: "Stop this sketch!  It is far too silly!"  Now, obviously there are good reasons among you for removing spam, and I'd like people to know I'm not going against that, but that I think this is a ridiculous point.  And it's also been the main reason you've all been pushing, looking at the first few pages of this topic.  It'd just be wiser, in my opinion, to push the point that the server is taking strain from it, more than that fact that it's content reflects it's nature.  And to sum up this part, I'll requote Sol's post to highlight one huge mistake in leiu of this:

Quote from: Sol
I'm gonna cry if we don't at least rewrite the elements of [the Spam forum]. Well thought-out posts are one thing, but any jibberish, leet or other destructive element is the REASON there's a problem in the first place. If it does get removed you guys have only yourself to blame.

Using an asset of the forum, provided with the intent to post these messages, and members are being discriminated against for using it properly?

And so with that part over, I'll provide my reasoning and suggestion on the Spam issue.  What is causing this controversy is the fact that the scales have tipped in weighing benefits with impediments.  The forum's traffic is becoming so high that it's burdening the server.  This introduces a drastic impediment to the growth and continued use of the forum, as well as time of other users.  But when the Spam forum is in a balanced state, it provides benefits for the recreation of individual users as well as the growth of the community as a whole, due to it's broad range of content.  My suggestion for restoring this balance is to set up an entirely different board for Spam, feasibly on a service such as invisionfree, and set up a redirect link to this board.  In an ideal situation, there could be a system that the member database could be copied over there, but since I can't imagine that happening, I don't think that spammers would mind signing up to spam again.  If they have a problem with that, they'd have to just deal with it.  The board could be given spamming freedom, only with the requirements put forth by the ToS of whatever hosting method is used.  Furthermore, it could go moderated by the spammers themselves.  Should the ToS be broken, I think it's clear the responsibility would lay with them, lest the board be reported and closed.  It'd continue to provide benefits to both sides of the issue, with a bridge between both, one community, and a continued state of use and growth for ZFGC over time.  This suggestion is just what I think would provide the best benefits overall.
  • Chaos Colosseum

Pedlya

Pederp
« Reply #149 on: June 30, 2006, 03:52:08 am »
  • Vote for Harvey!~
1. Gildedlink godamn your a geek

2. Alot of that was gibberish

3. This topic was meant to let the mods know something, so it didnt warrent all these posts.
So what! I wanna get out! 'Cos there's so much out there! So many different people, living different lives! Incredibly good guys, bad guys... Folks completely different from us! It's one huge melting pot! See, it's not about success, dying in the streets, who's better, who's not! I just want to be a part of it! I realized that even if I've no connections, no talent, even if I'm one big loser, I want to use my hands and feet to think and move, to shape my own life! We can just die here or we can try, see what we've got!
« Reply #150 on: June 30, 2006, 04:00:53 am »
  • Maybe I'll just sit here and bleed at you.
1. Gildedlink godamn your a geek

2. Alot of that was gibberish

3. This topic was meant to let the mods know something, so it didnt warrent all these posts.

1. XD

2. Please elaborate, I don't like to spend an hour of boredom writing something and then get a response like that.
  • Chaos Colosseum
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 104 queries.

anything