Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: Suggestion to Mods about SPAM  (Read 23416 times)

Re: Suppestion to Mods about SPAM
« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2006, 01:56:02 am »
  • Personal Text
I edited my post and included:

You have an unobtainable goal, that wouldn't stop at eliminating spam.  You eliminate spam... then off-topic, then community speak... it's all apart of Zelda Fan Game Central's community.  We're not a name, we're a community.
I don't think we should get rid of Community speak, and off-topic is a little thinking side.
I know we're a community, but in the name, contains the subject about the community..
Good point, we should also get rid of the Misc. Sections for everything, the advertising board, Debates, Off-topic, and anything else not zelda-fan-game related.
grr.  I hate it when you have to be so sarcatic. XD
but only spam, becuase it is completely off topic that ZFGC is implying it to be, like game making..

Limey

« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2006, 01:57:08 am »
Off-topic is completely off topic as well.  Debates are copmletely off topic as well.

Your logic is flawed.
« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2006, 01:57:32 am »
  • Who's your favorite possum?
I edited my post and included:

You have an unobtainable goal, that wouldn't stop at eliminating spam.  You eliminate spam... then off-topic, then community speak... it's all apart of Zelda Fan Game Central's community.  We're not a name, we're a community.
I don't think we should get rid of Community speak, and off-topic is a little thinking side.
I know we're a community, but in the name, contains the subject about the community..
Good point, we should also get rid of the Misc. Sections for everything, the advertising board, Debates, Off-topic, and anything else not zelda-fan-game related.
grr.  I hate it when you have to be so sarcatic. XD
but only spam, becuase it is completely off topic that ZFGC is implying it to be, like game making..
What about Debates?

EDIT: DARN YOU AND YOUR FAST POSTING LIMEY!
« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2006, 01:57:46 am »
That does not make sense.  Possum said that if we get rid of spam, that it would get rid of the community, but that is a farce.  Spam is not good for the community.  The other sections, while not about Zelda, allow other members to interact in a good way.  Spam is just for idiocy.  Most, if not all, boards of other forums include sections that do not relate to their focus.  Funny how most do not have spam too.
« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2006, 01:58:59 am »
That does not make sense.  Possum said that if we get rid of spam, that it would get rid of the community, but that is a farce.  Spam is not good for the community.  The other sections, while not about Zelda, allow other members to interact in a good way.  Spam is just for idiocy.  Most, if not all, boards of other forums include sections that do not relate to their focus.  Funny how most do not have spam too.
No, I said that's when we'd start getting rid of boards like community speak... I'm not saying it would get rid of the community (although aspects of that statement are implied).
Re: Suggestion to Mods about SPAM
« Reply #25 on: June 22, 2006, 01:59:55 am »
  • Personal Text
but spam is worse. becuase we have a topic that says
"Mods look here"
and then in the post it reads
"hi"
thats so useless!  The off topic shouldn't go, but the spam should.

also there is this "The !@#$% game" where all you do is swear at eachother.... so useless XD
« Reply #26 on: June 22, 2006, 02:00:47 am »
but spam is worse. becuase we have a topic that says
"Mods look here"
and then in the post it reads
"hi"
thats so useless!  The off topic shouldn't go, but the spam should.

also there is this "The !@#$% game" where all you do is swear at eachother.... so useless XD
Certainly rules should apply in spam... and we should address problems as they arise, certainly :)

Limey

« Reply #27 on: June 22, 2006, 02:01:10 am »

Its nice to see that you consider me to not be 'part of the community'.
« Reply #28 on: June 22, 2006, 02:02:34 am »

Its nice to see that you consider me to not be 'part of the community'.
Well, no... he's just saying that it's damaging to the community.  Certainly aspects of it do hurt... but I see this in very few instances, but when it happens, it's dramatic and publicized.  Again, we just need some rules to apply in spam, that's all.

And maybe move the board as a seperate one at the bottom of the page?  I like that idea.
« Reply #29 on: June 22, 2006, 02:03:17 am »
  • Personal Text
thank you 4sword is right.  we have children in this boards, and people are swearing!  theres a member somewhere, whos 9 years old!  thats not good, we are the cause of children corruption(swearing)  in my school, I have kindergarteners  that say f*ck almost 24/7
« Reply #30 on: June 22, 2006, 02:05:24 am »
thank you 4sword is right.  we have children in this boards, and people are swearing!  theres a member somewhere, whos 9 years old!  thats not good, we are the cause of children corruption(swearing)  in my school, I have kindergarteners  that say f*ck almost 24/7
Which is why there should be a checkbox when registering saying that you're 13 years old or more... after all, this IS a US based site.

EDIT: And the !@#$% topic is one that we can adapt rules to abolish.
« Reply #31 on: June 22, 2006, 02:07:43 am »
  • Personal Text
I don't think we should limit the children from comming to ZFGC, just have more sufficiant rules.  but thats topic is saved for later ;)
but if we have rules on spam, then its just "off-topic"
« Reply #32 on: June 22, 2006, 02:08:45 am »
I don't think we should limit the children from comming to ZFGC, just have more sufficiant rules.  but thats topic is saved for later ;)
But it's the law.

So is flaming allowed in spam?  No, that's still against the rules.  Spam is pointless posting.  It can still have rules.
« Reply #33 on: June 22, 2006, 02:13:31 am »
  • Personal Text
But it's the law.

So is flaming allowed in spam?  No, that's still against the rules.  Spam is pointless posting.  It can still have rules.
wow!  I never knew it was the law though.
Flamming is one of the global rules.  I thought you mean that spam has its own rules, becuause if it did, it WOULD be off-topic, either that or get rid of spam :D
« Reply #34 on: June 22, 2006, 02:15:36 am »
Flamming is one of the global rules.  I thought you mean that spam has its own rules, becuause if it did, it WOULD be off-topic, either that or get rid of spam
No, spam can still have it's own rules, it would still be spam so long as pointless posts were still allowed.  But we could have rules like "no explicit language", etc.
« Reply #35 on: June 22, 2006, 02:19:18 am »
  • Personal Text
That could be true.  but I started this, because I didn't like the language, I don't like reading/hearing swearing >_>
but no matter what, I will always hate spam, and I stil think that it is pointless, and sould be erased...
locked...
« Reply #36 on: June 22, 2006, 02:23:40 am »
  • Personal Text
lol, unlocked it again. for other people to discuss, and try and help to get rid of spam...
if I was a mod, I would be running things... but not everything that I want
« Reply #37 on: June 22, 2006, 02:35:44 am »
Yeah, I mean you come in here with your opinion about spam, and then when you find people who do not agree you lock it down. I mean, I dont mind spam staying or going. So I will be open to both of them. Please try to be too.
« Reply #38 on: June 22, 2006, 02:36:01 am »
lol, unlocked it again. for other people to discuss, and try and help to get rid of spam...
First, the admins run the show and the mods do the clean up. 

Second:
Too bad we cannot just have an IRC channel devoted to spam.  That way we could get rid of the spam section and give the spammers something in return: a constantly updating system that works with multiple users.  Plus, because it would update so much, it would be like one big topic, and people would not spam as much because it would get boring overtime.  Then when they get bored, they could come to ZFGC to work on fangames.  If they spammed ZFGC, then they would be banned.  The problem would be away from ZFGC, yet close, and would not be in a permanent form.  Thus, funny or good topics could be saved as a chat log.  Problem solved.

Limey

« Reply #39 on: June 22, 2006, 02:39:51 am »
First, the admins run the show and the mods do the clean up. 

Second:
Too bad we cannot just have an IRC channel devoted to spam.  That way we could get rid of the spam section and give the spammers something in return: a constantly updating system that works with multiple users.  Plus, because it would update so much, it would be like one big topic, and people would not spam as much because it would get boring overtime.  Then when they get bored, they could come to ZFGC to work on fangames.  If they spammed ZFGC, then they would be banned.  The problem would be away from ZFGC, yet close, and would not be in a permanent form.  Thus, funny or good topics could be saved as a chat log.  Problem solved.

You need an education on spam.

Its much more fun on a forum.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.239 seconds with 74 queries.

anything