Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Camera Help, question in Blitz 3D  (Read 756 times)

Silent

Camera Help, question in Blitz 3D
« on: September 03, 2006, 06:13:37 pm »
Hi,  I've been recently been trying to make my own 3D Zelda fan game in Blitz3D, im pretty much a noob in Blitz3D, but I'm experienced in programming(1 year in C/C++ and VB, im good at gm and mmf, and i even learned a bit of db.  I understand the Blitz language well, but I'm stuck right now.  I'm trying to make a camera like the one in windwaker that follows the player object around, and you can rotate and zoom out a bit using the analog stick(in this case im going to use the number keys).  I know that Helios comes to this forum a lot, and its common knowledge that he is a master with the Blitz suite, so im hoping he reads this ;).  So can anyone tell me how I could do this(in pseudo code would be helpful)? Id appreciate it

Thanks
Re: Camera Help, question in Blitz 3D
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2006, 08:57:19 pm »
Righto, camera control is usually quite specific to a game so I can't give you any general code. But the basic theroy is quite simple, point the camera at the player then try to move the camera to its target position (just behind and above the player, or whereever you want it to be) while at the same time checking for collision, if collision occurs you stop, quite simple really. You can get some practical code from the code archives at blitzbasic.com ( Heres a good one - http://www.blitzbasic.com/codearcs/codearcs.php?code=1083 ).
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.279 seconds with 38 queries.

anything