Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Favorite bands?  (Read 6930 times)

Re: Favorite bands?
« Reply #40 on: February 16, 2008, 04:11:44 am »
  • alastair
I take it you don't like Sing alongs.
  • alastair
« Reply #41 on: February 16, 2008, 04:16:33 am »
  • ๏̯͡๏﴿
No i don't like Barney...also i've never heard of any of the other ones you listen to.
« Reply #42 on: February 16, 2008, 04:19:19 am »
Here's my list:

Red Hot Chili Peppers
Bedouin Soundclash
The Arcade Fire
Franz Ferdinand
The Killers
The Weakerthans
Arctic Monkeys
Gorillaz
K-os
m-flo
Ok Go
Protest the Hero
The Beatles
The Who
Jimi Hendrix Experience
Coldplay
Sigur Ros
Air

It's mostly indie/rock with some hip hop... and then the classics from the 60's... and some more ambient stuff. :p
« Reply #43 on: February 16, 2008, 04:20:11 am »
  • alastair
No i don't like Barney...also i've never heard of any of the other ones you listen to.
I'm not really into mainstream music.
  • alastair
« Reply #44 on: February 16, 2008, 04:33:50 am »
  • Taste the soup of my brain!
I'm going to ignore the arguments going on here...

I like They Might Be Giants.  That's it.

Flogging Molly
System of a Down

J-Rock Bands:
uverWORLD
Orange Range
Rie Fu (singer)
She'll pull out your feathers for her brand new hat and when she's done that she'll feed you to her cat.
People you love will turn their backs on you.  You'll lose your hair, your teeth. Your knife will fall of its sheath, but you still don't like to leave until the end of the movie.
If I threw my guitar out the window, so far down, would I start to regret it?  Or would I smile and watch it slowly fall?
« Reply #45 on: February 16, 2008, 04:36:51 am »
  • ๏̯͡๏﴿
I'm not really into mainstream music.
I noticed.
« Reply #46 on: February 16, 2008, 07:01:21 am »
Recently I've been enjoying:
-The Monolith Deathcult  (Atmospheric Death Metal with electronic influences)
-Virgin Black (Doom/Gothic/Symphonic Metal)
-Unexpect (Avant-garde Metal)
-Aqua (Pop)
-Nortt (Black Funeral Doom Metal)

Some of my favourites are:

Ahab, Za Frumi, Sunn O))), Eluveitie, The Monolith Deathcult, Holy Blood, Frosthardr, Atrium Carceri, Wolves in the Throne Room, Amon Amarth,Ataraxie, Benighted, Draconian, Esoteric, Evoken, Swallow the Sun, Belenos, Arsis, Cermonial Castings, Odius Mortem, Arcturus, Burzum, Pantheon I, Tyranny, Nortt, Combat Drug, Korpiklaani, Saprogenic, Royal Anguish, Ensiferum, Thorr's Hammer, Exousia, Finntroll, Pantokrator, Parakletos, Drudk, Shape of Despair, Severe Torture, The Amenta, Sigh, Ephel Duath, Diabolical Masquerade, Epheles, Nile, Agalloch, Tortured Conscience, Fearscape, Empty Grave, Gorgoroth, No Return To My Vomit, Paramaecium, inExordium, Impending Doom, Abigor, Demonic Dismemberment, Emperor, Flesh Denial, Kronos, Clinic Carnage, Wintersun, Negura Bunget, Amaka Hahina, Eternal Mystery, Flactorophia, My Dying Bride, Worship, Circle of Pines, Vomitorial Corpulence, Dark Tranquility, Vomitous Discharge, Windir, Mortal Treason, Antestor, Sterbend, Morphia, Novembers Doom, Deathspell Omega, Darkthrone, Asmegin, Xasthur, 1000 Funerals, My Silent Wake, Amoral, My Darkest Time, Naglfar, Soul Embraced, Zao, Elysisan Blaze, Immortal Souls, Aletheian, Accoustic torment, Funebrarum, Balatonizer, Disavowed, Encryptor, Funerery Dirge, Shining, With Blood Comes Cleansing, Crimson Thorn, Crimson Moonlight, Virgin Black, Ruins, Napalm Death, Arvinger, Skyforger, Drawn and Quartered, Frost Like Ashes, Horde, The showdown, Sympathy, Moonsorrow, Extol, Arch Enemy,  Detonation, Vinterland, Dimmu Borgir, Imperial Crystalline Entombment, Absu, 1394, Psycroptic, Misericordiam, Mental Destruction, Via Mistica, Summoning, Becoming the arcetype, The Faceless, Engravor, Demilich, Haste the Day, Mayhem, In Slaughter Natives, Runic, Teeth of Lions Rule the Divine, As I lay dying, Underoath, Demon Hunter, Saviour Machine, Suidakra, Norma Jean, Luti-Kriss, Tu Carne, The Chariot, Living Sacrifice, Nevermore, Putrid offal, Rompeprop, Dogwood, Deathklok, Imindain, Symphony X, Chasing Victory, Xome, Andrea Bocceli, Kutless, The Agony Scene, Terminal, East West, Spoken, Project 86, Wraith of the ropes, Blindside, Dead Poetic, Emery, Pillar, Terminal, Subseven, Juliana Theory, hampton the hamster, anberlin, Barney and Friends

Wow, I only recognize about 20 of those bands...all are good and ones that I listen to at least once and a while, but wow I haven't heard of the majority of them.  Nice.  It's probably because I listen to indie type stuff more often, but amen to metal.

I'll put the bands that I listen to, (or have listened too...though mainly the former), in bold.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2008, 07:08:30 am by Domo »
You rich !@#$%. I wish I could afford AIDs.
Payback's a !@#$% :P BTW Mamoruanime was here
  • [my deviantART gallery]
« Reply #47 on: February 16, 2008, 07:04:54 am »
  • alastair
I'm glad I'm not alone.
  • alastair

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #48 on: February 16, 2008, 09:27:40 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
Adema,
Korn,
Metallica,
oldskewl Linkin Park,
Nightwish,
Dragonforce,
Shinedown,
12 Stones,
Evanescence,
etc,
etc,
etc, lol

Goodnight

Once and future Captain
« Reply #49 on: February 16, 2008, 09:39:44 am »
  • With a Capital G
Aerosmith
Aesop Rock
Alph Lyla
Art of Noise
Bauhaus
Boom Bip (they sampled Zelda 2!)
Buckethead
Bullfrog
CKY
David Bowie
El-P
Fila Brazillia
The Gone Jackals
Haiku d'Etat
Jesse Cook
Joe Perry Project
Joy Division
Leonard Cohen
Nine Inch Nails (hence my avatar)
Our Lady Peace (everything before "Gravity")
Queen
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Saul Williams
Tool

There are a lot of other artists I like and respect, especially ones who paved the way for many other bands, but the list above is what's most likely to be in my CD player.

For classical music I like Chopin and Tchaikovsky. Plus I'm an avid OverClocked ReMix listener.

Bedouin Soundclash
Fun fact: I went to high school with their drummer (Pat) and his brother (who was kind of a DICK to me, but cool with getting along once I could accept it was just his nature). Our music class teacher played their demo CD for us a couple years before they got really famous, and it's cool to see that they've done so well. I had a CD from Pat's high school band but it's lost except for one MP3 that I saved. I'll send it over if you want.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2008, 09:43:43 am by Goodnight »
« Reply #50 on: February 16, 2008, 03:32:55 pm »
  • I have a post count! WTF I post?
AC/DC (not the most technical group but still awsome)
Guns 'n Roses
Metallica
Aerosmith
Nickelback
parkour
Three Days Grace
Journey
Eagles
Led Zeppelin
Lynyrd Skynyrd
Ozzy
Staind
Poisen
Queen
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Foo Fighters
Def Lepperd
The Who
Jimi Hendrix
Motley Crue
Bon Jovi
Stevie Ray Vaughn
Black Sabbath
Van Halen
Twisted Sister
Kiss
ZZ Top
Kid Rock
Judas Priest
and im still probably missing some...
« Last Edit: February 16, 2008, 03:36:28 pm by Torak »
[spoiler=Anime lol]Absolute favorites, FMA, Gurren Lagann(NEW MOVIE HELL YEA, Also I highly recommend this, i mean highly recommend).
Currently Watching, Code Geass, Soul Eater[/spoiler]
« Reply #51 on: February 16, 2008, 03:42:34 pm »
  • Wu tang Forever
Recently I've been enjoying:
-The Monolith Deathcult  (Atmospheric Death Metal with electronic influences)
-Virgin Black (Doom/Gothic/Symphonic Metal)
-Unexpect (Avant-garde Metal)
-Aqua (Pop)
-Nortt (Black Funeral Doom Metal)

Some of my favourites are:

Ahab, Za Frumi, Sunn O))), Eluveitie, The Monolith Deathcult, Holy Blood, Frosthardr, Atrium Carceri, Wolves in the Throne Room, Amon Amarth,Ataraxie, Benighted, Draconian, Esoteric, Evoken, Swallow the Sun, Belenos, Arsis, Cermonial Castings, Odius Mortem, Arcturus, Burzum, Pantheon I, Tyranny, Nortt, Combat Drug, Korpiklaani, Saprogenic, Royal Anguish, Ensiferum, Thorr's Hammer, Exousia, Finntroll, Pantokrator, Parakletos, Drudk, Shape of Despair, Severe Torture, The Amenta, Sigh, Ephel Duath, Diabolical Masquerade, Epheles, Nile, Agalloch, Tortured Conscience, Fearscape, Empty Grave, Gorgoroth, No Return To My Vomit, Paramaecium, inExordium, Impending Doom, Abigor, Demonic Dismemberment, Emperor, Flesh Denial, Kronos, Clinic Carnage, Wintersun, Negura Bunget, Amaka Hahina, Eternal Mystery, Flactorophia, My Dying Bride, Worship, Circle of Pines, Vomitorial Corpulence, Dark Tranquility, Vomitous Discharge, Windir, Mortal Treason, Antestor, Sterbend, Morphia, Novembers Doom, Deathspell Omega, Darkthrone, Asmegin, Xasthur, 1000 Funerals, My Silent Wake, Amoral, My Darkest Time, Naglfar, Soul Embraced, Zao, Elysisan Blaze, Immortal Souls, Aletheian, Accoustic torment, Funebrarum, Balatonizer, Disavowed, Encryptor, Funerery Dirge, Shining, With Blood Comes Cleansing, Crimson Thorn, Crimson Moonlight, Virgin Black, Ruins, Napalm Death, Arvinger, Skyforger, Drawn and Quartered, Frost Like Ashes, Horde, The showdown, Sympathy, Moonsorrow, Extol, Arch Enemy,  Detonation, Vinterland, Dimmu Borgir, Imperial Crystalline Entombment, Absu, 1394, Psycroptic, Misericordiam, Mental Destruction, Via Mistica, Summoning, Becoming the arcetype, The Faceless, Engravor, Demilich, Haste the Day, Mayhem, In Slaughter Natives, Runic, Teeth of Lions Rule the Divine, As I lay dying, Underoath, Demon Hunter, Saviour Machine, Suidakra, Norma Jean, Luti-Kriss, Tu Carne, The Chariot, Living Sacrifice, Nevermore, Putrid offal, Rompeprop, Dogwood, Deathklok, Imindain, Symphony X, Chasing Victory, Xome, Andrea Bocceli, Kutless, The Agony Scene, Terminal, East West, Spoken, Project 86, Wraith of the ropes, Blindside, Dead Poetic, Emery, Pillar, Terminal, Subseven, Juliana Theory, hampton the hamster, anberlin, Barney and Friends
You, sir, just won the thread.
Have you ever heard of Portal? They're a really good droney death metal band (I don't know how to explain it better.)
You should check them out

Kyubi

GET ON THE BALL!
« Reply #52 on: February 16, 2008, 04:10:33 pm »
  • :3
Biggest Rage Against the Machine fan here.
I also happen to like System of a Down quite a bit.
Gannon-banned brother.

« Reply #53 on: February 17, 2008, 05:56:50 am »
Wow that is a lot of um...special music. Not to be rude but uh...I think this is the best list of artists ever:

The Beatles
The Jimi Hendrix Experience
The Who
The Doors
Led Zeppelin
Bob Dylan
The Rolling Stones
Queen
The Kinks
Procol Harum

But seriously, is no one here into 60s music! Thats the best kind!

although all those are amazing bands, I have to say that you're really hurting yourself if you refuse to listen to newer music. All those bands are great, but there are some many fantastic new bands that have emerged since that all bring something new and interesting to the table. I highly recommend expanding your horizons, and perhaps looking into bands that have been inspired by the classic greats.

For classical music I like Chopin and Tchaikovsky.

Chopin's Fantasie Impromptu is one of the most beautiful piece's of music I've ever heard. It gives me chills every time.

"It is a terrible thing for a man to find out suddenly that all his life he has been speaking nothing but the truth" - Jack, The Importance of Being Ernest
« Reply #54 on: February 17, 2008, 06:48:36 am »

System of a Down can be pretty great at times, but I loathe the guitarist, Daron Malakian, with passion. Plus I hate his voice too, but this is just my opinion.

I'm actually kind of glad Serj went his own way for now. It's cool to see what he can do now that he has full creative control of his own music.
« Reply #55 on: February 17, 2008, 07:56:33 am »
  • Don't Worry Sir, I'm From The Internet.
Wow that is a lot of um...special music. Not to be rude but uh...I think this is the best list of artists ever:

The Beatles
The Jimi Hendrix Experience
The Who
The Doors
Led Zeppelin
Bob Dylan
The Rolling Stones
Queen
The Kinks
Procol Harum

But seriously, is no one here into 60s music! Thats the best kind!

although all those are amazing bands, I have to say that you're really hurting yourself if you refuse to listen to newer music. All those bands are great, but there are some many fantastic new bands that have emerged since that all bring something new and interesting to the table. I highly recommend expanding your horizons, and perhaps looking into bands that have been inspired by the classic greats.

Alright, any you would suggest? I DO like more bands than that though, if you want the complete list:

Queen, Led Zeppelin, The Jimi Hendrix Experience, The Beatles, Bob Dylan, The Rolling Stones, The Doors, Nazareth, The Who, Procol Harum, The Kinks, Thin Lizzy, Cream, Eric Clapton, Elton John, ABBA, Ozzy Osbourne, Black Sabbath, Rod Stewart, Roy Orbison, Blondie, Barenaked Ladies, Billy Idol, Meat Loaf, R.E.M, Def Leopard, Johnny Cash, The Bee Gees, E.L.O, Pink Floyd, Yes, Bachman Turner Overdrive, Eagles, Burton Cummings, KISS, Creedance Clearwater Revival, Peter Frampton, Nirvana, The Scorpions, Steppenwolf, The Guess Who, Grand Funk Railroad, Blue Oyster Cult, Ted Nugent,  Whitesnake, The Steve Miller Band, Kansas, Loverboy, Ten Years After, Chuck Berry, Buffalo Springfield, Neil Young, Crosby Stills and Nash, Aerosmith, Guns and Roses, Elvis Presley,...and that's all I can think of right now.
Grimace is the demiurge, the creator. From him all things in McDonaldland have sprung. He is not a sin, he's not a menu item, he's just Grimace. He exists. He rolls his lidless eyes and flaps his lipless mouth, formless and terrible, a protean idiot thing from the depths of pre-history.
« Reply #56 on: February 17, 2008, 08:50:01 pm »
I suppose that's quite a large list. I think you should take a look at some Radiohead or Cake, I think you'd really like them.

"It is a terrible thing for a man to find out suddenly that all his life he has been speaking nothing but the truth" - Jack, The Importance of Being Ernest
« Reply #57 on: February 17, 2008, 08:55:34 pm »
Cake, Gorillaz, various others.
  • Google Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 18, 2008, 07:17:04 am »
  • ๏̯͡๏﴿
Oh i also like The Offspring...

luigi

MoFD
« Reply #59 on: February 18, 2008, 06:18:28 pm »

System of a Down can be pretty great at times, but I loathe the guitarist, Daron Malakian, with passion. Plus I hate his voice too, but this is just my opinion.

I'm actually kind of glad Serj went his own way for now. It's cool to see what he can do now that he has full creative control of his own music.

I was hoping to go to one of Serj's concerts. I added him on Myspace so I can see when he updates and all that.

­200th post (09/20/07)
300th post (12/01/07)
400th post (2/11/08)
500th post (5/07/08)
600th post (7/21/08)

MK Wii: 2750 1625 1262
Brawl: 3523-1727-8440

Gamertag: cyborgwhale
  • Cyborg Whale's Twitter
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.144 seconds with 75 queries.

anything