Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Action Game Maker  (Read 1633 times)

Action Game Maker
« on: April 09, 2009, 01:02:56 am »
  • The king of Awesome
Enterbrains latest game editor.

Info:
Allows you to not only create A-RPGs but platformers, shooters etc.
http://agmportal.net/

Personally, I still find Game Maker superior. It was nice that Enterbrain broke away from being tiled with movement, the engine is extremely limited if you don't know what you're doing, if you're a master at the thing it'd be god send.

But really... we love programming to much.

I see plenty of crappy zelda fangames coming this way.
Re: Action Game Maker
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2009, 01:37:37 am »
When I read "Enterbrain's latest game editor," I figured that it would be another poor attempt at creating a game editor. However this actually seems like the most flexible game editor that they have produced. Quite frankly, I am surprised. It will be interesting to see just how flexible this editor truly is as time progresses, and if it will compete with Game Maker.

Has anybody downloaded the trial yet? I'm curious to see how much the engine allows you to change from their basic game types. The website doesn't seem to do a very good job showing it's key development features. For all I know this could be far less advanced then it appears to be from a few images.
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2009, 02:25:34 am »
I actually read about this on Gaming World's site awhile back and I thought it was a great step forward for Enterbrain. The really interesting parts are that your games can be converted to be played using the XNA framework. I think I saw a screen of them playing it on an X360. It also supports flash games.

Right now you can download it with an English language patch. I couldn't get it running. Plus the trial is supposedly very limiting.
  • Pyxosoft
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2009, 03:37:30 am »
  • :D
Sounds cool-- acquiring it now.
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2009, 03:43:13 am »
  • The king of Awesome
When I read "Enterbrain's latest game editor," I figured that it would be another poor attempt at creating a game editor. However this actually seems like the most flexible game editor that they have produced. Quite frankly, I am surprised. It will be interesting to see just how flexible this editor truly is as time progresses, and if it will compete with Game Maker.

Has anybody downloaded the trial yet? I'm curious to see how much the engine allows you to change from their basic game types. The website doesn't seem to do a very good job showing it's key development features. For all I know this could be far less advanced then it appears to be from a few images.
I don't think it competes that well, I own the full version. the dialog is instant, not letter by letter which we're use to. The good ol Snes days.

I'm addicted to sphere anyways, who doesn't love a good java?

DJvenom

super-sage
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2009, 03:50:59 am »
  • Colbydude was here.
I was hoping more for a disgaea styled battle system :[[[[!
I do art
I ermmm... DID do art
I do art
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.159 seconds with 46 queries.

anything