Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Submission]Thief Hideouts  (Read 4530 times)

[Submission]Thief Hideouts
« on: June 13, 2012, 05:47:14 pm »
  • Doesn't afraid of anything
Thief hideouts are locations scattered throughout Hyrule where the player may find various treasures.  Most of them are abandoned and now roamed by Moblins.  They each have a main room with a door tightly shut by a lock and key.  Unfortunately for the player, these locks are designed to engage their lock and then have the keyhole removed so it may be hidden in addition to the key.  Both are hidden deep within the maze of the hideout.

These are typically hidden underground or behind a wall and require an explosion (or the Earth Cog, in the case of walls) to reveal them.  The player will know when they've come across one by the texture of the ground.

i love big weenies and i cannot lie
Re: [Submission]Thief Hideouts
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2012, 06:37:30 pm »
  • King of the hoard!
Good concept, but I'm a bit confused on how they work.  Are they one big maze-like room, or are they like mini dungeons?
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2012, 06:49:55 pm »
I guess you could call them mini dungeons.  However, they are VERY short compared to real dungeons, being that they're side-questish.  Kind of like the cabana in Wind Waker.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 07:14:02 pm by MG-Zero »

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2012, 03:16:50 am »
  • King of the hoard!
Ah, that clears things up.

Maybe Sykes could have a hard-to-find hideout containing something like a giant rupee or a piece of heart.  XD
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2012, 03:54:32 am »
  • It's just Max.
I LOVED all the exploration of wind waker! If we could  capture some of that, this would be amazing. The difficult part is that side quests need to be rewarding. Wind Waker kind of artificially made them rewarding by having tons of side quests BUT necessitating that you spend exorbitant amounts of money. We'll have to find a way to make it so the player is rewarded by completing the side quests, without it being too forced.
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2012, 06:53:16 pm »
  • King of the hoard!
An idea: In the main room of all of them, have a small piece of a really cool usable item.  On the inventory screen, Link can see how much of the item he's completed.  This would encourage the player to look for all of the hideouts to get the item, and because he can keep track of the individual pieces it gives him some tangible sense of progress.  It would also make sense for a game about thieves to offer a great reward for a thief-based sidequest.  XD
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2012, 06:45:21 pm »
^^We could combine that with your boss rush idea maybe?  Get all these item pieces, and you unlock a boss rush option?  Also, I'm gonna move this to side quests.

« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2012, 03:59:59 am »
  • King of the hoard!
That could be very interesting.  Seare could have a vision about the hideouts and the treasure, which would clue the player in to the existence of the hideouts if he wasn't already aware of them.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.168 seconds with 53 queries.