Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Revie]Mole Moth  (Read 4585 times)

[Revie]Mole Moth
« on: June 25, 2012, 06:51:40 pm »
  • Doesn't afraid of anything
Name: Mole Moth
Appearance:
They appear to be a very large butterfly, but are actually moths.  Their wings contain a lot of colors, sometimes looking like faces to confuse their targets.  They're a little bit smaller than the player, roughly the size of a Biri in lttp.

Behavior: A very strange moth that can fly around or burrow in the ground.  It's easiest to kill them when they've come to the ground.  Bombs are the most effective.  You can either time a bomb to explode when they come up from the ground, or you can blast them out of the air with one.  It takes 2 bombs to kill them.  In addition, you can downthrust them wack-a-mole style when they pop up from the ground for an instant kill.  The Sea and Wind cogs will knock them out of the air and stun them for 2 seconds with 0 damage.  All other weapons and items are useless. Although they don't do a lot of damage to the player (only half a heart),they'll try to burrow under you and erupt underneath you.  This can make problems if you're trying to stay in one spot or if you're on a narrow path.  Upon exiting the ground, they flap their wings very fast to get the sand off of them.  The player can be slowed down a bit by the sand gust for a split second.  They travel in swarms of 3 to 5.

Attacks:
Sand Gust: 0 damage, pushes the player back.  Immediately follows the Upper thrust.
Upper thrust: .5HP Emerges from the ground and into the air.  You will see their head pop out of the ground for 1 second before this happens.
Dive: .5HP Used to burrow back into the ground, the mole moth will dive at the player or at the ground depending on how close it is to the player.  This will execute 5 seconds after it has been flying around and will go towards the player if they are within a 25 pixel radius (will need adjusting via play testing)
« Last Edit: November 01, 2012, 05:45:04 am by Niek »

i love big weenies and i cannot lie
Re: [submission]Mole Moth
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2012, 07:07:07 pm »
  • Yeah, I don't even...
Do they travel in swarms, how big are they, do fire and ice arrows affect them, and are they affected by arrows, the boomerang, or hookshot?
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2012, 07:10:33 pm »
Yes they can travel in swarms, they're about the size of a biri in Lttp (the electric jellyfish).  The 3 items you mention do not affect them, however the sea and wind cogs do.  They will both knock them out of the air and stun them for a second or two with no damage.  However, the sea cog can be used to damage them when under ground.  It takes 2 of these to kill them.

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2012, 08:23:15 pm »
  • King of the hoard!
I like how you can play whack-a-mole with them.XD  How fast do these guys move?  I'm imagining Link running away from a group of these things like the desert version of a swarm of bees.
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2012, 08:27:11 pm »
They're about 75% the speed of the player.  One shouldn't cause you a problem in that case, but when you have 4 or 5 coming at you from different directions underground..well...yea...

Also, they'll return to the ground without the player's interruption after 5 seconds.  Assuming they're above sand or dirt of course.

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2012, 08:31:08 pm »
  • Yeah, I don't even...
This seems like something my sand gliders could hunt, since they also live the desert. Either that or they could be rivals to my Sand Gliders.

Starforsaken101

Wake the Beast
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2012, 09:03:07 pm »
  • www.mouffers.com
Digging this up.

What do you guys think? I feel like it was slightly ignored by us.
  • Starforsaken101's DeviantART
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2012, 09:20:16 pm »
I think this post needs to be made along the template that MG himself put forth.

Then I think that Goron Mountain already has a large number of enemies. BUt those still need to be evaluated which to keep and such. I just don't really know what to think of it.
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2012, 02:40:09 pm »
  • It's just Max.
Does this conflict with the hornet enemy I think we accepted a while ago? Rock wasps or something? Also, OP should be updated with info from the rest of the thread.
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2012, 05:28:55 pm »
Nope it doesn't conflict.
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2012, 07:36:43 pm »
  • It's just Max.
Well I like 'em, the kinda remind me of a flying version of those digger spinny spikey things from 2D Zeldas. I can't decide how I feel about bombs being the only main way to kill them, but I'm pretty sure it'd work out. I'm just concerned about how aggravating it'd be to have to switch to your bomb cannon whenever you see one. PRobably not too bad :p

Starforsaken101

Wake the Beast
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2012, 10:36:57 pm »
  • www.mouffers.com
I approve of this. Anyone else?
  • Starforsaken101's DeviantART
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2012, 05:38:20 am »
I think MG should revise the should update the OP with the additional data in further posts and format the text to the submission template. After that it could be accepted.
Re: [Revie]Mole Moth
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2012, 10:31:24 pm »
All changes made.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.094 seconds with 65 queries.

anything