Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [LTTP Pure source!] Hmm I guess this counts as an engine... lol  (Read 1543 times)

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
[LTTP Pure source!] Hmm I guess this counts as a...
« on: October 14, 2007, 04:50:12 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
Okay, some of you may remember this; but a while back I started a project I called "LTTP Pure"... Basically it was just a few LTTP mimicking systems I made in GM; and it was never really completed to a point of release (or anywhere near). What it did have however, is a working ocarina system that allows you to cleanly manipulate notes (though the ITs are offkey), a movement system that worked almost exactly like LTTP's, a sword system, shield system, Lost Woods "Wrong Path" sound system, etc. (please note, I'm using the term "system" as I hardly classify a few chunks of code as an "Engine"). Since this isnt really a WIP, or even a game so to speak, I put it here in this forum :P since it basically counts as an engine.

Theres really nothing special about it; it was a pretty ambitious project, however it didn't go too far, because when I was working on it I got my job as a VB programmer for Interlink Partners in Technology, and I put everything like that on hold. So. I feel it is time to release this GMD, that has some useful systems in it, and quite a few unfinished ones (IE: Biomorphic tail for my dodongo, heart system, which as you can clearly see is coded horribly wrong in the source, etc). Dont judge the coding; after having some professional experience in programming, I am quite ashamed of my old GM sources :P

As far as I can remember I coded the whole thing from scratch. I cant remember if I used other resources (other then the mod player system); Sprites and Tiles I cant even remember if they are all my edits and rips or if I got em from someone else. I think one of the sets was ripped by inverder though.

My goal by releasing this is that maybe some day someone will build upon it and make it what I had hoped it would be. Initially it was supposed to be this elaborate expandable zelda engine that preloads each map square around whatever room you're in from a text file (yes.), so you can properly smoothly scroll room to room without any issues; and that also would make it act similarly to LTTP. Anyway, if you use this stuff just credit "Mamoruanime -LTTPpure" or something, I dunno, figure somethin out :P

BTW Fire temple tiles are my originals :p just credit me if you use em, :p thx

But anyway... without further ado, here it is! (I included my 2 old demos as well)

« Last Edit: October 14, 2007, 06:21:31 am by Mamoruanime »

Koh

Re: [LTTP Pure source!] Hmm I guess this counts ...
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2007, 12:15:12 pm »
  • Tamer Koh
pretty good for your own stuf.  Sorry I beat ya to it when i did XD.
  • Megaclipse Games

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2007, 07:33:40 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
Beat me to what XD... *is confuzzled* lol

But yeah, <_<

lol this source is no where near where I wanted to get it :P it needs a ton of fine tuning... but its a good lil starter movement system and stuff I think lol

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2007, 04:52:42 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
BAH sweet IRONY.

Okay. For whatever reason I spent a lot of today working on this damned project again lol... I added a working LTTP styled scrolling engine that scrolls based on quad rooms (map holds 4 rooms, scrolls between those, exactly like LTTP does <_<)... and a free roam system (simple, I know), and I'm working on the world map system.

>_< BAH. BAH BAH BAH. I dont wanna get back into GM lol
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.103 seconds with 46 queries.