Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ganondorf is Link's blade master  (Read 5279 times)

Ganondorf is Link's blade master
« on: July 01, 2015, 08:44:04 pm »
  • Just call me Brad
I also had the idea of Ganondorf teaching link all the techniques, like the 9 swordmaster guys in minish cap, but in order to do so you need to colect a certain amount of something for him.
So after him trying to make you into his apprentice and trying to gain your trust, he betrays the royal family ans thus you, which results on a final battle.

Miles07

Knight of ERA
Re: Ganondorf is Link's blade master
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2015, 09:01:58 pm »
  • Long live the Chaos!!
Let me just say that that description makes the sword-training quest no longer a side-quest, but a main one. Unless you have it that once Link progresses in the main quest up to a certain point when Ganondorf rebels, now he could no longer get sword training to learn any techniques he might have missed (assuming some of them are not required), unless you have another character replace Ganondorf as your trainer (but if that's the case, then why bother having Ganondorf be the blade master to begin with?). OR you could have Ganondorf's betrayal in this manner lead to an alternate ending?

Sorry if my thoughts didn't seem coherent.
I was talking to my friend last night, and he was mentioning about how in 1980, he thought the internet would become this amazing place where people from across the world would share ideas. I was telling him about how this project [KOT] has worked, lurching along for years and drawn by different people from across the globe, and he thought it was beautiful. And he was right, it's awesome. :D

Zelda Items Spritesheet album (OUT OF DATE) - (link here)
A Link Across Time project - (link here)
Boss Keys project (Metroid) - (link here)
Boss Keys project (Zelda) - (link here)
Boss Keys project Trello Board - (link here)
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2015, 10:06:31 pm »
  • Just call me Brad
you could have Ganondorf's betrayal in this manner lead to an alternate ending?
Alternate ending? I LIKE THAT!
That would make the player want to play the game all over again to get a diferent ending XD
Great idea Miles!

Now what would happen in both endings will be difficult to decide and predict...

EDIT: Or maybe after some events on the main story, you recieve letters from ganondorf saying that you are ready to learn the next technique.
So the first time you meet him he teaches you one, and after you defeat each boss new technique would be available, making Ganondorf the only boss not to unlock a new technique. OR maybe during the battle with Ganondorf he teaches you one last technique that eventualy you use to end his life? You guys decide.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2015, 10:18:00 pm by Spritonic »
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2015, 04:07:29 am »
  • It's just Max.
I think the idea has a lot of strength for the story, it really reinforces the idea that Gannon is doing good things for Link, truly taking him under his wing and helping him become a thief, which adds to the ambiguous undertones of the whole story. It also makes the most sense, since the whole thing, Gannon teaching Link to become a thief, is what's driving the plot.

Miles has some good points though. This would make it impossible for Link to learn the techniques after the point in the game when you have a showdown on the balcony and Link's gang, Zelda, and Faron confront you to expose Gannon for being the evil king he is. So since there's still a dungeon after that and you can presumably still explore the world, this would make some areas permanently inaccessible/some sword moves permanently unlearnable if you didn't learn the technique before Gannon's true identity is revealed. Which is kind of crappy for the player.

The way you CAN make Gannon Link's sword/thief technique teacher without the possibility of robbing the player of techniques she/he forgot to learn is to make every one mandatory to learn and teach them all before Gannon's unveiling. Which takes away the excitement I think is great about optional/bonus/secret sword/thief techniques.

So my inclination is to say maybe Gannon would be able to teach the thief techniques and make them mandatory, but have the sword techniques be from someone else, or else have Gannon teach you one or two or three things that you have to know before the end of the game, and the rest you learn from someone else. But you know, it's a good idea so we should make it work if we can. It'd definitely avoid gameplay problems if someone else was the teacher, but it'd be less impact flu to the story.

I'm a little confused about the alternate ending thing too. I think the plot has always been that Gannon was using you to steal the cogs for him, and was always going to "betray" you, as in he would be revealed as evil. What would cause an alternate ending/what would change?

Miles07

Knight of ERA
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2015, 04:44:14 am »
  • Long live the Chaos!!
I'm a little confused about the alternate ending thing too. I think the plot has always been that Gannon was using you to steal the cogs for him, and was always going to "betray" you, as in he would be revealed as evil. What would cause an alternate ending/what would change?

Perhaps it's the unveiling occurring earlier than expected? The alternate ending could just be something minor, or non-existent. Just an idea.
I was talking to my friend last night, and he was mentioning about how in 1980, he thought the internet would become this amazing place where people from across the world would share ideas. I was telling him about how this project [KOT] has worked, lurching along for years and drawn by different people from across the globe, and he thought it was beautiful. And he was right, it's awesome. :D

Zelda Items Spritesheet album (OUT OF DATE) - (link here)
A Link Across Time project - (link here)
Boss Keys project (Metroid) - (link here)
Boss Keys project (Zelda) - (link here)
Boss Keys project Trello Board - (link here)
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2015, 01:49:38 pm »
  • Doesn't afraid of anything

Yea, I have to second this.  I don't think an alternate ending is something we're going to be interested in doing, especially considering the plot and sequence of events has been finalized.

i love big weenies and i cannot lie
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2015, 02:15:04 pm »
  • Just call me Brad
How about he gives you the sword and teaches you how to use it.
Ganondorf: "Press A to attack, Link"
Link: "But I don't have any buttons... I am not a robot!"
Ganondorf: "Wait... YOU CAN TALK?!?!?"
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2015, 04:53:31 pm »
  • Doesn't afraid of anything
That's already planned ;)

The king charges his new apprentice with the task of stealing these cogs. They lie hidden in several trap-filled dungeons, long considered the proving grounds for master thieves. Link is told where to find the first of these dungeons and is given his first sword and shield to protect himself whilst completing his tasks. Enthralled by his new mentor, he leaves Castle Town for the first time in his adventure.

i love big weenies and i cannot lie
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 54 queries.