Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Link's Awakening Mc  (Read 11098 times)

Re: Link's Awakening Mc
« Reply #40 on: May 13, 2006, 01:08:53 am »
hey Xfixium glad to see you around, those screens look awesome i need to be more detailed if i want mine to look good too. what do you think of my screens so far? i know i haven't included a hud yet but i'm just gonna use the mc hud. also, are you still working on la in rpgmaker? or did you switch to gm.

Your screens are good for the base of your vision. My suggestion is try and break up the "squareness" of each room you design. The roads don't have to be perfectly square like the original, they can be broken up by other tiles. Remember, you don't need to be super detailed. Sometimes a room can look TOO busy, and distract the player from important elements in the room. There is a fine line so just experiment. Using the MC hud is a very good idea, I've always felt my approach to the hud was a little too much. I'm not working with RM2K or Game Maker at this point. I'm still working on designing my own engine and editor. Which will be used eventually to make LA.
  • Pyxosoft
« Reply #41 on: May 13, 2006, 09:01:57 am »
Ah Xfixium, I remember yours it was pretty good but it felt retarded that I couldn't walk diagonal + that you remixed alttp with MC sprites. But its hard to get some enemies in MC style ofcourse.
« Reply #42 on: May 13, 2006, 09:05:44 am »
  • Master Of Disaster
Look's pretty nice Ryu, but there's really nothing to see :/. Waiting for some new screenshots :)

.TakaM was here
  • Lumeuni
« Reply #43 on: May 13, 2006, 06:45:36 pm »
Ah Xfixium, I remember yours it was pretty good but it felt retarded that I couldn't walk diagonal + that you remixed alttp with MC sprites. But its hard to get some enemies in MC style ofcourse.

You have to remember, LA was made before MC ever existed. The only MC sprites I had was sheets of different colored Links from the GBA version of 4 swords (via Shyguy Kingdom), and 4 jpgs of the up and coming MC title. Which it tooks months after the release of LA for it to be available to me. In all reality there were only two things that were MC styled. The treetops and Link (Which you can change through a password). As for the diagonal movement, it's a RM2K3 game, what did you expect?
  • Pyxosoft
« Reply #44 on: May 13, 2006, 07:26:29 pm »
Diagonal walking its possible in RPG maker.
« Reply #45 on: May 13, 2006, 07:49:11 pm »
hey Xfixium glad to see you around, those screens look awesome i need to be more detailed if i want mine to look good too. what do you think of my screens so far? i know i haven't included a hud yet but i'm just gonna use the mc hud. also, are you still working on la in rpgmaker? or did you switch to gm.

Your screens are good for the base of your vision. My suggestion is try and break up the "squareness" of each room you design. The roads don't have to be perfectly square like the original, they can be broken up by other tiles. Remember, you don't need to be super detailed. Sometimes a room can look TOO busy, and distract the player from important elements in the room. There is a fine line so just experiment. Using the MC hud is a very good idea, I've always felt my approach to the hud was a little too much. I'm not working with RM2K or Game Maker at this point. I'm still working on designing my own engine and editor. Which will be used eventually to make LA.
thanks for the advice :)
Look's pretty nice Ryu, but there's really nothing to see :/. Waiting for some new screenshots :)
i know i'm working on new screens, hopefully i'll have a walking demo in mabe village by the end of this week.

The Tjalian

« Reply #46 on: May 13, 2006, 09:38:32 pm »
Personally, I prefer Ryu Kage's screens to Xfixium's, no offense Xfixium. However, let me explain what I mean. I assume the idea of this project is to get Link's Awakening game and feel, just with MC sprites. I get this feel with Kage's screens. With Xfixium's screens, I feel it's more of TMC's feel with LA's game. It's ok, just not my kinda thing. When I play an LA remake, I like to feel the essence of LA.

Graphically, Xfixium's looks absolutely jaw dropping, however.
« Reply #47 on: May 14, 2006, 03:15:58 am »

hyrule_boy..have you ever used rm2k3? its not supposed to be used for zelda type games.its used for rpg's...and if youre skilled then u can made a functional abs..like xfixium did...i dont think its possible to do 8-way in 2003..but in rmxp with the ruby scripting system that has been added..it is possible.
  • Freak GFX

Dampe

« Reply #48 on: May 14, 2006, 04:04:07 am »

hyrule_boy..have you ever used rm2k3? its not supposed to be used for zelda type games.its used for rpg's...and if youre skilled then u can made a functional abs..like xfixium did...i dont think its possible to do 8-way in 2003..but in rmxp with the ruby scripting system that has been added..it is possible.

Watch my Inside the deku tree trailer to be proved wrong, it is quite possible.

Mod Edit: People can somebody be wrong, no need to call them "fools".
« Last Edit: May 14, 2006, 04:37:28 am by AoDC »
« Reply #49 on: May 14, 2006, 05:02:22 pm »

tofuu..have you ever used rm2k3?  its not supposed to be used for zelda type games.its used for rpg's...but if youre skilled then u can made a functional diagonal walking system.

I've done it, you just need to account for more things with custom walking than with default walking.
« Reply #50 on: May 14, 2006, 07:31:56 pm »
tofuu..have you ever used rm2k3?  its not supposed to be used for zelda type games.its used for rpg's...but if youre skilled then u can made a functional diagonal walking system.

yes i have used rm2k3..and u pretty much just re-worded what i said man...and ive only done it in rmxp, and never attempted it in rm2k3 so sorry for being wrong there.
  • Freak GFX
« Reply #51 on: May 14, 2006, 08:40:43 pm »
..and u pretty much just re-worded what i said man...

That was the point XD
Yeah, I know it's possible in RMXP with RGSS, but not too many people have done it in RM2K3, just letting you know it is ;)
« Reply #52 on: May 14, 2006, 09:32:32 pm »
i know i'm working on new screens, hopefully i'll have a walking demo in mabe village by the end of this week.

Kewl looking forward to it.

Personally, I prefer Ryu Kage's screens to Xfixium's, no offense Xfixium. However, let me explain what I mean. I assume the idea of this project is to get Link's Awakening game and feel, just with MC sprites. I get this feel with Kage's screens. With Xfixium's screens, I feel it's more of TMC's feel with LA's game. It's ok, just not my kinda thing. When I play an LA remake, I like to feel the essence of LA.

I see your point. Very true.

I'm well aware that RM2K can do 8 directional movement, but I decided against it. Mainly because the diagonal movement felt like it would futher accentuate the already clunky grid based movement.
  • Pyxosoft
« Reply #53 on: May 14, 2006, 11:42:56 pm »
i've gotten farther on mapping mabe village right now i have about 9 screens out of 17 done, so i should be able to have the demo out this friday. i'm also hoping to be able to include a few things like the crane game and fishing in the demo.
« Reply #54 on: May 15, 2006, 03:16:55 pm »
Sounds good.
« Reply #55 on: May 16, 2006, 04:00:37 pm »
well i got another update for mapping progress, i'm about finished with mabe village and i started work on tail cave, i'll have some new screens posted soon.
« Reply #56 on: May 16, 2006, 06:54:18 pm »
Sounds even better I hope I can do soon something for you.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.317 seconds with 72 queries.

anything