Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ZFGC Weekly  (Read 3018 times)

Xiphirx

wat
ZFGC Weekly
« on: March 22, 2009, 11:28:04 pm »
  • Xiphirx

Volume 9, Issue 4 - March 22, 2009
irc.kbfail.net #zfgc

1. Community Announcements
2. Best of the Forum
3. Weekly Awards
4. The Big Question

Community Announcements

-- We are currently trying to organize a Community Project. So far, Links Awakening seems to be the game we are remaking. If you are interested in joining the team and experienced in Game Maker, reply to the news item/topic that relates to it.

-- ZFGC now has it's own Steam group. Enjoy fragging with your fellow ZFGC members!
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/ZFGC <- Join now!

Best of the Forum

Zelda Humor.
http://www.zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=33590.0
Hah.

That was actually kind of funny. I never thought of it like that.

Working for Others.
http://www.zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=33690.0
So a couple hours ago, I got word from my friend that her boyfriend would be leaving for the army in a month's time, and that also another one of her best friends would be moving to Canberra for a job. She basically got both of these reports herself within a couple hours of other, and she had been crying all day. She started talking to me about it, and then she mentioned that to top it all off, she had an assignment due tomorrow, which she hadn't started. I'd been telling her to sort of start the assignment for a couple days now, but she hadn't. So, realising that I'd just completed all my own schoolwork, I did the assignment for her. It wasn't hard, it was just a quick English speech. Took a couple hours, but she was thankful.

Obviously she should have done it herself earlier, but I felt that was the right thing to do. We all go through a rough time every now and then, and it's not fair that we have to do tests and assignments when we're not feeling our best, so, I had empathy for her.

Have you ever done something like this?

How Bad was Dragonball Evolution?
http://www.zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=33697.0
The movie seemed to go by pretty fast, There didn't seem to be much actual fighting until like the last 10 minutes (insert dragonball z joke here).  It was ok, It really looks like the dude who plays goku forgot his lines during the part where he explains gohan's death to roshi though.

Weekly Awards

Map of the Week
Sprite Collector's GB Gerudo Valley/Desert
http://www.zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=33693.0
So, does anyone remember that map I keep posting that's unfinished? Haha well this is part of it. In my version of Gerudo Desert, the Gerudos have taken to the seas sort of like in Majoras Mask and are merchants [not the nice kind] that sell jewels they discovered in the caves of their old home. So, they built a grander abode and live there now using the caves only for mining. Aaaand the Gerudo's noticed a tribe of Tokay wondering through the desert and took them hostage. They work as their slaves now mining and digging up those ships they found to expand the Gerudo's methods of travel. What do you guys think? I like how it looks, I guess. I feel like as a whole, it's doesn't gel so well in terms of color, but I figure you won't see it all together like this while you're playing the game [that isn't actually in production. hah.] Are the tents okay? I'm trying to use only official GB sprites, but I had to make the tents. The ones on the towers are pretty ugly and I'm going to remake them, but what about the ones in the desert? Are they okay? Do they fit? Also, I made a little Ganondorf sprite at the top of the tower. :]

EDITTT: I think I wanna change the sand inside the fortress now that I look at it. :|

Art of the Week
Deku_Stick's Custom Pixel Art
http://www.zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=33675.0
Me being bored sometimes ends up with a some sprites.
Me being bored again ends up with uploading them on zfgc.

criticise me!!

Resource of the Week
Basniak/gm112's Engine List
http://www.zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=33668.0;topicseen
This is a list of engines that I began compiling in hopes to restoring ZFGC's resource list. To all, please help me out!

Oh, and I only included the source code. Any of these engines that has included an EXE, I won't provide an EXE link or unless people want me to include it. If people want me to sort these out by whether or not its Zelda, ask me. I'm happy to take suggestions on how this post should be laid out :).

Big Question

Last week's question:With all the talk of rearranging the staff, where do you think you would fit in on the staff?
Summary of answers: Usually what I did before.

This week's question: If the Legend of Zelda ever became a movie, would you watch it?

Author of this week's issue: Xiphirx
  • For The Swarm

Hammer Bro. Mike

Hammer Bro. Mike
ZFGC Weekly
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2009, 11:31:54 pm »
  • The Mike
I would watch it because it's Zelda but I would hope for it to be good that way it would be more enjoyable, lol.

• Zelda Eternity

Jeod

Team Dekunutz, Doubleteam
Re: ZFGC Weekly
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2009, 11:43:22 pm »
Pain In My Ass made for a good comedy. A Zelda movie would have to be different from the games though. No copying plots!
"You should challenge your fates. When all else fails, you can still die fighting." ~Yune

Zelda GBC+ Engine for Multimedia Fusion 2
  • Doubleteam Project Page
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2009, 11:48:30 pm »
  • And if they dont dance, they're no friend of mine
I agree, they shouldn't make a film of one of the games, but Id be interested in seeing a high end Zelda film. With good direction/actors etc.

Art by Kyuumu, banner by me
Screw this, im off to Hogwarts...

D-Pad

A.K.A. Gyrowolf
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2009, 02:53:12 am »
  Depends on a lot of things. Like who writes it and what audience they wrote it for, and whether or not Koji Kondo is composing the soundtrack. lol

In all seriousness if a Zelda movie were to be made, it probably wouldn't stay too close to the game. The movie market and game markets are completely different, and Nintendo or whoever would be in charge of making the film would cater towards the larger demographic (the main-stream movie goers). That's not to say it will be bad, or not-Zelda-y, but I can see some major changes being made to the plot in order for the film to make sense on the big screen.
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2009, 03:03:34 am »
Really, with the setting and atmosphere that Zelda has, I'd only watch a movie of it if Peter Jackson was the director.  I'm not a fanboy or anything of his, but what he did with a fantasy setting like LOTR was excellent.  Now imagine him directing a Zelda movie.
World's greatest cookie.  lol
  • Super Fan Gamers!

DeathTailsz

Wanderer
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2009, 04:54:23 am »
  • Angelic Hymn
I'd go with the formula:
Great Game = Shitty Movie
Shitty Movie = Great Game

I think Silent Hill was probably the only one that followed the game's criteria.

Unless it was directed by someone who can capture the Zelda atmosphere, I wouldn't watch it. Plain and simple.

"More like Stupei Ace Defective!" - Yukari - Persona 3
  • StarFox 2D

Xiphirx

wat
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2009, 07:09:43 pm »
  • Xiphirx
ADDITION TO THE QUESTION:

What if Shigeru Miyamoto was the director?
  • For The Swarm

DeathTailsz

Wanderer
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2009, 11:38:14 pm »
  • Angelic Hymn
ADDITION TO THE QUESTION:

What if Shigeru Miyamoto was the director?

Well he made the damn game, so yeah.

Shigeru for prez.

"More like Stupei Ace Defective!" - Yukari - Persona 3
  • StarFox 2D
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.051 seconds with 55 queries.

anything