Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: New Project System Now Available  (Read 6844 times)

Re: New Project System Now Available
« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2010, 03:15:38 pm »
There already is something that can do that, moderators are able to go into the project change the topic id, the reason why this is not a more prominent feature is due to that it will be useless once these boards are set to being reply only, and then all new projects will need to be posted on the site which will create the topic in the boards.

Hammer Bro. Mike

Hammer Bro. Mike
« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2010, 05:20:03 pm »
  • The Mike
It's looking a lot better, that's for sure. I'm also liking that the themes aren't at a fixed width anymore. Did they used to be like that before the new Kokiri and refreshed Midnight theme?

• Zelda Eternity

Dr. Strange

« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2010, 05:36:32 pm »
There already is something that can do that, moderators are able to go into the project change the topic id, the reason why this is not a more prominent feature is due to that it will be useless once these boards are set to being reply only, and then all new projects will need to be posted on the site which will create the topic in the boards.
Thank you for the brief explanation, Windy.
« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2010, 06:44:22 pm »
Dude, 4Sword, don't be afraid to admit that you sometimes don't know what you're doing. It happens.
When I tried to edit the project last night through the existing system, it would not make the edit for me, but today it seems that edits are able to be done. Under that assumption, I was offering a work-around solution because I did not know how to edit the system's code which I did not write. Rather than focus on what I didn't know and throw my hands up and say "well I can't do jack !@#$%" I thought hey I could still offer the help that I know how to.
« Reply #24 on: October 03, 2010, 03:31:12 pm »
Hey, just putting this out there, but after the new project system came out, there had been a few users posting projects but not through the system. A little while after than I ended up just locking the boards to normal posting; but is it still a question as to if the system exists, or is there anyone who doesn't know about it yet?
« Reply #25 on: October 03, 2010, 06:04:17 pm »
If this is about the project system that currently only shows 3 WIP projects.
I guess that the reason that it isn't being used is that its more or less a useless add-on to the forums.
If you have a topic in the forums with the first post giving all information ( which you keep updated ) and the rest of that topic shows how the progress goes together with the feedback of the community, then why also place something in the projects thingy? It just doesn't add any value.

« Reply #26 on: October 03, 2010, 06:26:10 pm »
I think it adds more visibility, and organization to projects. We really can't calculate the people that may come to this site, and only take it for the face value (front end). Without delving deeper into the forums.'

I don't know if this was pointed out, but I have noticed certain things don't update properly when editing the summary section. Mainly the progress percentage resets on edit. Also I can't seem to fix my spelling error in the tags. I like the idea, and can see it being expanded on.
  • Pyxosoft
« Reply #27 on: October 03, 2010, 08:01:28 pm »
The new system doesn't require that you use the site for everything, if you just plan on using a forum topic that is fine too. However the new project system allows you to have your screenshots organized together better, if you post an update through the system it shows up on the forum in the Project Updates board (i.e., more forum visibility for your project), if your project gets selected for the Project of the Month it will later allow us to have it on the site's main page, the site allows you to upload project downloadables, and it allows other team members of your project to update the sites information. Additionally instead of having a comments part of the site and a forum topic for a project, the forum topic is now considered the site's comment section.

Some of the projects in the old system will have to be manually transfered over because their creators are no longer active or just don't care - but the site pages can be edited to allow them access to their created pages. Oh and yeah, I've had issues with editing too sometimes, when all else fails I make a manual edit to the database.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.068 seconds with 49 queries.