Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How Do you...  (Read 3325 times)

How Do you...
« on: August 07, 2007, 08:28:30 pm »
Make games for Mobile Phones, Specifically Sony Ericsson w810i's. Its something I'm interested in, and would really like a few pointers in the right direction.
please? :D
Re: How Do you...
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2007, 09:03:47 pm »
Try Java - most modern mobile phones support Java, and I hear it's quite an easy language to get into. I can't give you any references though, I'm afraid.
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2007, 09:06:57 pm »
Try Java - most modern mobile phones support Java, and I hear it's quite an easy language to get into. I can't give you any references though, I'm afraid.

Ah thats ok, thanks. I actually have a HUGE fat book all about java somewhere. Was dreading the day I had to use it D;. Its huge :(
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2007, 09:07:00 pm »
bertfallen. I also want to be into mobile games :) so if you want a spriter for a new game I can help, the only problem is that you need to resize the graphics, so it fits into all phones.
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2007, 09:08:20 pm »
bertfallen. I also want to be into mobile games :) so if you want a spriter for a new game I can help, the only problem is that you need to resize the graphics, so it fits into all phones.

I'll see how well it goes and if it goes good. I know where to look for sprites now :P
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2007, 09:10:03 pm »
Contact Gorthwog! he knows all about programming for Mobile phones.
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2007, 09:12:41 pm »
How often is he on though? I'll send him a PM asking. But I dunno when he comes on haven't seen him on for a while.
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2007, 09:13:53 pm »
How often is he on though? I'll send him a PM asking. But I dunno when he comes on haven't seen him on for a while.
Not much! e-mailing him is maybe a better idea.
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2007, 09:59:20 pm »
Go to adobe's website and look for the Dev Kit for Flashlite....That's what a lot of phones use for flash players....Also check the Java site for their dev kit...I'm sorry though..I used to have a mobile application creator program....Check Microsoft for what they have...I'm sure that is where I got it from....
  • Super Fan Gamers!
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2007, 10:02:46 pm »
Go to adobe's website and look for the Dev Kit for Flashlite....That's what a lot of phones use for flash players....Also check the Java site for their dev kit...I'm sorry though..I used to have a mobile application creator program....Check Microsoft for what they have...I'm sure that is where I got it from....

:p I use Linux, but I'll have a shot with Wine see if that will work on installing the apps. Thanks.
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2007, 12:05:12 am »
  • IBV

:p I use Linux, but I'll have a shot with Wine see if that will work on installing the apps. Thanks.

NO! There are native Java compilers and "runners" for GNU+Linux, which also are Free Software. And you don't want to ever use Flash.
My signature is empty.
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2007, 12:07:08 am »

NO! There are native Java compilers and "runners" for GNU+Linux, which also are Free Software. And you don't want to ever use Flash.

I got NetBeans seems to do the trick.
And I always hear about this 'Don't use Flash' But never any reasons why not to... How come?
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2007, 04:43:49 am »
You could also use the Symbian OS SDK to create games as well I believe.
I've tinkered around with the netbeans mobility pack myself and the Game API that's included, so I may be able to help a little thar.
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2007, 11:00:48 am »
You could also use the Symbian OS SDK to create games as well I believe.
I've tinkered around with the netbeans mobility pack myself and the Game API that's included, so I may be able to help a little thar.

If you could then please : D.

I was just playing with it last night and started getting confused <_<;
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2007, 12:51:39 pm »
  • IBV

And I always hear about this 'Don't use Flash' But never any reasons why not to... How come?

Because one, there's no Free Software compiler/creator, and two, more importantly, there's no Free Software runner. By using Flash you put the whole Free Software and Open Source community in deep !@#$%.
My signature is empty.
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2007, 12:53:42 pm »

Because one, there's no Free Software compiler/creator, and two, more importantly, there's no Free Software runner. By using Flash you put the whole Free Software and Open Source community in deep !@#$%.

ahhh :P Alls explained then.
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2007, 07:31:56 am »

I agree with Venus.
It also can make stuff seem kind of shitty. I'm not sure exactly how, though. :P

aab

^ Evolved from a Hobbit
« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2007, 03:47:17 am »
You could use the J2ME wireless toolkit. Theres a mobile phone emulator that basically looks like a mobile phone as youd expect.
Its all real easy, links to a good command reference i think, but you always have to be aware of your limitations of course, specially with space.

I ♥ Sol
.... I ♥ Sol ? wtf how long has that been there? >_> *rrrrrrrrar*
  • MySpace
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.19 seconds with 73 queries.

anything