Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Strange Issues in Brawl Online or Not?  (Read 526 times)

Strange Issues in Brawl Online or Not?
« on: March 21, 2008, 02:41:08 am »
I have played a few online matches against anyone in Super Smash Bros Brawl in team mode and something weird happens.  Sometimes when I start a match, I noticed that one of the players on the other team is not moving at all. Needless to say, I score the easy point rather than let them sit there; although I can see that leaving them is beneficial in that you and your ally can target the other opponent more.

I think it happens when for some reason the player is disconnected during the loading of the level, and is still thus considered to be a human opponent. When the player dies, it then gets reset to be computer-controlled.  I would think that if that is the case that Nintendo was lazy for not thinking that this would happen, otherwise I am stumped.  Kind of weird though, it has happened to me three times, luckily it never being my teammate. 

There is also this appropriation of fall counts that annoys me. Sometimes when I die it says that someone else killed me but that could not have been so; like when I am on the Pirate Ship with high damage sometimes and for shits and giggles I let myself get catapulted, it considers that a death by my opponent, wtf? Is that not a self-destruct if anything?

Has this ever happened to you or anything else goofy like that besides ridiculous lagging? 

CrystalAngel04

Resident ZFGC female
Re: Strange Issues in Brawl Online or Not?
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2008, 02:45:47 am »
  • \\*Caution*\\ The Internets: May contain Women
I think a lot of the kills go by who last hit you, so even if you just decide to do something stupid like jumping off a ledge and falling to your death it'll count for whoever hit you last. Self-Destructs I think must involve an explosion that either you yourself has set up or that's part of the stage.

As for the weird team brawl glitch I've never done that mode yet so I can't help you too much there.
  • -= Crystal Angel Creations =-
Re: Strange Issues in Brawl Online or Not?
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2008, 03:23:23 am »
Strategically, choosing when to die in a two-minute match works to your advantage. You may lose a point, but the opponent would not get a point either and since your death would be of your own choosing, you are still in control. Not to mention, but when you re-spawn, you are also temporarily invincible so you can pull off a smash attack that might kill your opponent.  So if it goes by who last hit you, then that would be a way to counteract this tactic, but otherwise that is kind of lame.  Kind of cheap, I'll admit, but hardly silly if done right; unless it is purely shits and giggles silly, then indeed, a level of silliness is attained.

Oh, and silly me, the self-destructs I was thinking of were actually sudden-deaths or something. Super Smash Bros confuses me all the time with that; and then there is the whole issue of calling it a "fall" when you die by moving past the side or upper boundary.  I understand a "fall" is technically another word for a "loss", but Nintendo could not have called it a kill because that would hurt the little kids' minds or whatnot. 

As for the "team brawl" glitch, it could happen in just any mode possibly, I do not think that it is that exclusive as long as certain conditions of the player being disconnected are met.  I don't know though if it could happen with Friends though as the connection configuration is probably different and as of yet I have not played against anyone with a Friend Code.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.233 seconds with 44 queries.