Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Poll

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Nominations - March 2010  (Read 6055 times)

Nominations - March 2010
« on: March 27, 2010, 08:19:37 am »
If something gets nominated and I don't put it into the poll within a day, assuming that there are at least 2 projects at that point so that a poll can be put up at all, please make sure I know - I'll try and be more observant than last month too. Same as ever - if you nominate a project you have to at least 3 sentences saying why, if you vote for a project you then just need 1 sentence, and a user cannot nominate their own project but they can vote for it.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2011, 02:51:43 am by 4Sword »
Re: Nominations - March 2010
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2010, 01:03:02 pm »
I would like to nominate the following projects.

Xfixium's OOT2D:
First of all I think he got a disadvantage last month for being nominated but not added to the poll. But in the beginning of this month he released some new screens, showing a wicked menu screen. Which surprised me, because I didn't know that they had chosen Q and E for respective L and R. It is also a refreshing game, the only one that is currently using FSA graphics at the moment and using both top-down and side view. Overall it is still one of the best games out there.

Drandula's The legend of Zelda 3D Flying Rooster:
The only 3D game that is actually showing any progress. In the beginning of the month, Drandula revived the project by showing some bad ass screens of the hookshot he implemented. Somewhat later he gave some more candy in the form of a video, which resulted in a lot of replies. Finally he has also started a story for the game, which has a lot of potential and shows much promise into making it an enjoyable game.

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2010, 01:18:38 pm »
FrozenFire's TLoZ: Spirit's Quest
There might not be much to show right now, but I think this project has a lot of potential. It's an interesting mix of Cave Story and Zelda, which IMO should be great in practice. And it's just awesome.
Quote from: Jason
Your community is a bunch of stuck up turds.

Mirby

Drifter
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2010, 06:12:14 pm »
  • To bomb or not to bomb...
SURFACE! *shot*

Seriously though, I gotta agree with Darklight on this; Spirit's Quest all the way.

Hopefully I'm not choosing the one that will lose for the third month in a row...

Mirby Studios | Share & Enjoy now available! (Links above!) | Games I've Beaten
Quote from: Mamoruanime
I like-like it :D
  • Mirby Studios

King Tetiro

Leader of Phoenix Heart
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2010, 06:17:55 pm »
I would like to nominate the following projects.

Xfixium's OOT2D:
First of all I think he got a disadvantage last month for being nominated but not added to the poll. But in the beginning of this month he released some new screens, showing a wicked menu screen. Which surprised me, because I didn't know that they had chosen Q and E for respective L and R. It is also a refreshing game, the only one that is currently using FSA graphics at the moment and using both top-down and side view. Overall it is still one of the best games out there.

Drandula's The legend of Zelda 3D Flying Rooster:
The only 3D game that is actually showing any progress. In the beginning of the month, Drandula revived the project by showing some bad ass screens of the hookshot he implemented. Somewhat later he gave some more candy in the form of a video, which resulted in a lot of replies. Finally he has also started a story for the game, which has a lot of potential and shows much promise into making it an enjoyable game.

I second this.
  • Phoenix Heart
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2010, 06:33:39 pm »
I updated the poll with the three currently nominated projects. I can't really figure out yet which one to vote for because they all have merit though.

Mirby

Drifter
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2010, 06:50:41 pm »
They do! But I got the first vote in! Spirit's Quest, because it has a new, unique graphical style compared to other fan games, and it looks like fun!

• Mirby Studios
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2010, 05:38:12 am »
  • Minalien
I nominate Spirit Mythes: The Deku Project because Random is an hero and doesn't afraid to anything.
There's such a double standard about religion in the modern world. Catholics can gather, wear white robes, and say "In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti" and be considered normal.

But if my friends and I gather, wear black robes, and say  "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn", we're considered cultists.
  • Development Blog
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2010, 05:53:16 am »
For a project to be nominated, you need to give at least 3 sentences in support of it.
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2010, 06:00:59 am »
  • Minalien
For a project to be nominated, you need to give at least 3 sentences in support of it.
I like you 4Sword, so shut the !@#$% up and learn to internet, because I know the world and there's nothing that you can smoke without enjoying how much you suck at life.
There's such a double standard about religion in the modern world. Catholics can gather, wear white robes, and say "In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti" and be considered normal.

But if my friends and I gather, wear black robes, and say  "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn", we're considered cultists.
  • Development Blog

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2010, 06:05:22 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
I nominate Spirit Mythes becus it asks lots of qwestions fur sprites. Lots of qwestuns for sprites must meen progrerss is going smoothly. It also has a cool story. Also has lots of threds in develpmint bords, so its hard not 2 luv it. Also has a support bannor thats swete.

Also I second the nomination for FF's project, just because I love sidescrolling zelda.

Also I undo any nominations for Surface, simply because progress updates aren't done on ZFGC anymore :p
« Last Edit: March 28, 2010, 06:07:49 am by Mamoruanime »

Ethelon

Awesome Resized Avys
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2010, 06:12:31 am »
I votes for OoT2D because I like where X takes things. He creates pretty awesome graphics and concepts. (Sentence #3): Also, X has been busy with life, and has been sick, and he takes the time to work on the project even then...

For this month, he's been really doing most of the work.

Xfixium: "Leader"/Lead Programmer/Lead Spriter,  Cypras: Programmer, Ethelon: Tiler/Spriter, Darklink45: Spriter, Noseblunt3: Spriter,
SinkinDevil: Spriter, Dotyue: Spriter, Tompel: Tiler/Spriter, 
Mamoruanime: Tiler, DJvenom: Spriter
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2010, 06:32:11 am »
Flying Rooster has had a good month, with a lot of time spent on story though. And Spirit's Quest has been very interesting to watch, but I'd like to see more content from Spirit's Quest before a Game of the Month (and probably will, considering the pace it's going at). OoT2D though has been consistently improving, and it seems that a lot of time is probably being spent on developing a solid foundation for the code, which is nice to see. I vote OoT2D.
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2010, 07:50:58 pm »
  • AKA "Micah DS"
Flying Rooster has had a good month, with a lot of time spent on story though. And Spirit's Quest has been very interesting to watch, but I'd like to see more content from Spirit's Quest before a Game of the Month (and probably will, considering the pace it's going at). OoT2D though has been consistently improving, and it seems that a lot of time is probably being spent on developing a solid foundation for the code, which is nice to see. I vote OoT2D.

I agree completely. In all honesty, I would also like to have a little more content to show for Spirit's Quest. I was a little surprised when it was nominated. I really think OoT2D deserves to get PotM this time around.

EDIT:
Quote from: Mirrrbbbeeee!
Hopefully I'm not choosing the one that will lose for the third month in a row...
Because I voted for OoT2D... Mirby, I must say that I am sorry that I'm not helping here. D: I just have too much love for OoT2D. In fact, it's made me feel a little nostalgic, which has made me play a bit of the original OoT lately (when Win7 was installing, :p) and it has been very relaxing and enjoyable.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2010, 03:25:18 am by FrozenFire »
  • My Music

Mirby

Drifter
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2010, 11:50:33 pm »
Meh, I'm having bad luck here at ZFGC lately anyways. Nothing's going right.

And what's up with the comical spelling of my name?  :P

• Mirby Studios
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2010, 07:24:38 am »
  • AKA "Micah DS"
And what's up with the comical spelling of my name?  :P

Just because I could. XD

What I'm wondering is, why do we only have 11 votes?
  • My Music

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2010, 07:29:05 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
I'm voting OoT2d. It's mainly because I love the idea of reimagining a game, and even developing under certain technological constraints (namely 2 dimensions vs 3) to produce something enjoyable. It will probably get my vote 100% of the time :P

If I hadn't voted for it, I would be torn between Flying Rooster and Spirit's Quest. Both games are promising in their own right.
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2010, 07:29:59 am »
Some of those votes don't count because reasons were not given for some of them. But yeah, turnout is kind of sad. I'll vote maybe later today.
« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2010, 06:32:12 pm »
I vote The Legend of Zelda: Spirit's Quest. I love the concept behind it, and also the graphical style. Looks like it could be really fun to play. I also would like to keep seeing fresh projects win POTM.
  • Pyxosoft

Mirby

Drifter
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2010, 07:31:43 pm »
Xfixium, you only voted for Spirit's Quest because you didn't want to be biased!
Mammy, you only voted for OoT2D because there's actually hope for a Demo 4!

• Mirby Studios
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.148 seconds with 93 queries.