Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Random thought  (Read 2156 times)

Random thought
« on: June 06, 2006, 07:28:47 pm »
  • Who's your favorite possum?
I just finished watching the movie 'Hotel Rwanda' last night.  Excellent movie.  Anyhow, they tried to bring up the idea that it's actually racism (as to why we stayed out of Rwanda, although in reality it was just because Clinton was a corrupt politician).

That got me thinking about the Iraq war.  So many people think it's over oil.  That's fine and dandy, but it's undeniable that we're saving so many lives of Iraqis over there (if only we were able to step in sooner, with Saddam and his evil actions).  And then people complain about soldiers deaths as if their deaths weren't for OUR and THEIR protection?  They think 1 American soldier's life is more important than the dozens if not hundreds of Iraqis that they're saving alone (I'm working with proportions here)?  That's racism.

So just a random thought.
Re: Random thought
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2006, 07:30:44 pm »
There's more deaths now than under saddams resueme(sp?).
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2006, 07:32:05 pm »
There's more deaths now than under saddams resueme(sp?).
Certainly we haven't killed millions?  How on earth can you say that?

And certainly we've been fairly accurate on not killing innocents (there will always be casualties in war, especially with the other side playing dirty).
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2006, 07:34:50 pm »
Time wise I mean, as in there's more deaths per-day than under saddams resueme(sp?).

And certainly we've been fairly accurate on not killing innocents (there will always be casualties in war, especially with the other side playing dirty).
How can you defend the countless news stories about American soliders massecering Iraqies?
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2006, 07:35:57 pm »
How can you defend the countless news stories about American soliders massecering Iraqies?
You've been watching BBC, haven't you?
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2006, 07:39:14 pm »

Ok yeh, not the most reliable source, but some of these stories are obviously not fake, hell just search the internet for 'american iraq massacre' and you'll find plenty

Ben

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2006, 07:40:31 pm »
Meh, you can brand anything Racism to be honest, but is it wrong to be concerned about people you know against people you don't?
You could say it's racist to not donate to 3rd world charities, but really it isn't, is it?
Want a place to upload your sprites and games for FREE? Look no further than GameDevotion
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2006, 07:43:15 pm »

Ok yeh, not the most reliable source, but some of these stories are obviously not fake, hell just search the internet for 'american iraq massacre' and you'll find plenty
Yes, but they take upon themselves the view of "guilty until proven innocent".  I remember the last news story they took (from about 4 days ago if you remember), with the bullet in the 2-year old's head.  Remember that tape?  Guess where they got it from?  A terrorist group, and they're passing it off as "obviously American soldiers did this".

Again, we have investigations going on, and it's "innocent until proven guilty". :)

You could say it's racist to not donate to 3rd world charities, but really it isn't, is it?
No, I disagree with the point made in Hotel Rwanda, but as far as the Iraq war... the protestor's to us already being in there... yes, I'd say that's racism.
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2006, 07:45:42 pm »

Yes, but they take upon themselves the view of "guilty until proven innocent".  I remember the last news story they took (from about 4 days ago if you remember), with the bullet in the 2-year old's head.  Remember that tape?  Guess where they got it from?  A terrorist group, and they're passing it off as "obviously American soldiers did this".

Again, we have investigations going on, and it's "innocent until proven guilty". :)
Fair enough, though im pretty sure a few have been proven, theres even one that the military admitted (http://www.editorandpublisher.com/eandp/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1002576401)
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2006, 07:50:45 pm »
I'm not saying it doesn't happen, but we're certainly doing more good than harm.
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2006, 07:51:16 pm »
I'm not saying it doesn't happen, but we're certainly doing more good than harm.
I dought the iraqies see it that way.
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2006, 07:52:22 pm »
Then perhaps you didn't see the shift in interviews before and after Saddam's power?  Perhaps you haven't seen all of the good things that we've done there.  Perhaps you missed all the openings of the schools.
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2006, 07:53:26 pm »
That's because the media wants to start another Veitnam-esque protest.
  • Google Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2006, 07:54:42 pm »
Then perhaps you didn't see the shift in interviews before and after Saddam's power?  Perhaps you haven't seen all of the good things that we've done there.  Perhaps you missed all the openings of the schools.
Perhaps you didn't see the massaccres, perhaps you didn't see the insurgents, perhaps you didn't see the corpses of inoccent people, gunned down by "peace keeping soliders".
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2006, 07:56:39 pm »
Not to mention the ratio of good news on the media to bad news is about 1:100000000
  • Google Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2006, 07:56:52 pm »
Perhaps you didn't see the massaccres, perhaps you didn't see the insurgents, perhaps you didn't see the corpses of inoccent people, gunned down by "peace keeping soliders".
You know that I have.  And you know that I know what I'm talking about, because I always like to keep up with the news.  When have they been gunned down by "peace keeping soldiers"?  I can remember one instance in which they accidentally threw a grenade into a room that they were being shot at from.  Turns out that the terrorists were playing dirty and using women and children as human shields.  It's unfortunate, but the cost of war.  It certainly shouldn't be blamed on us, but rather the terrorists themselves.  They caused it.  The soldiers were just doing their job.
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2006, 07:58:35 pm »
Nevermind, its impossible to argue against you. I'll stick to programming, you stick to debating.

officespace16

« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2006, 08:37:22 pm »
  Anyhow, they tried to bring up the idea that it's actually racism (as to why we stayed out of Rwanda, although in reality it was just because Clinton was a corrupt politician).

clinton was an awesome president, he just couldn't keep his snake in his pants, he was fixing our country's enormous debt problem

BBC news is better than our news, I mean, c'mon, "THE NO SPIN ZONE" who are you trying to fool Bill O'Rielly?

well, anyways, we went in there b/c:

a) oil, the obvious reason
b) get rid of saddam, it was one of the reasons
c) some speculate that he was finishing "daddy's work"
d) they were not democratic, ever since Stalin had his regime (that's how you spell it) the democratic countries have been trying to force their views down everyones throats

mozza

« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2006, 09:21:08 pm »
I just finished watching the movie 'Hotel Rwanda' last night.  Excellent movie.  Anyhow, they tried to bring up the idea that it's actually racism (as to why we stayed out of Rwanda, although in reality it was just because Clinton was a corrupt politician).

That got me thinking about the Iraq war.  So many people think it's over oil.  That's fine and dandy, but it's undeniable that we're saving so many lives of Iraqis over there (if only we were able to step in sooner, with Saddam and his evil actions).  And then people complain about soldiers deaths as if their deaths weren't for OUR and THEIR protection?  They think 1 American soldier's life is more important than the dozens if not hundreds of Iraqis that they're saving alone (I'm working with proportions here)?  That's racism.

So just a random thought.

Each life is worth something you cant say that 1 american soldier is worth 100 iraqi soldeirs.... each american soldier is worth each iraqi soldier.....

aab

^ Evolved from a Hobbit
« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2006, 09:50:45 pm »
The same effect was portrayed during the massive Tsunami.
The news would spend 5 minutes on destroyed cities, then 20 minutes on missing british tourists, and shots of their families crying. From a news addressing point of view though, thats more of an idiot-proof method of getting people to understand the distress by showing examples of loss that they dont have to jump too far of a thought to understand or be impact with.
Its not the media being racist, its the media addressing to the publics ignorance.

I ♥ Sol
.... I ♥ Sol ? wtf how long has that been there? >_> *rrrrrrrrar*
  • MySpace
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.061 seconds with 73 queries.