Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: We have reached 50 enemies!  (Read 6388 times)

We have reached 50 enemies!
« on: October 24, 2012, 01:42:04 am »
  • Doesn't afraid of anything
That's right, we've reached 50 accepted enemies!  And there's still A LOT left in there to review!  So, we have some choices to make.

1. We can stop right where we are with enemy npcs.
2. We can carry on as normal...
3. We can stop having new suggestions posted and accept/reject whats already posted.

Thoughts from the crew?  Keep in mind a lot of the enemies submitted are not unique (for example, we have many chu chu types).  With this in mind, I'm for either option 2 or 3.

i love big weenies and i cannot lie
Re: We have reached 50 enemies!
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2012, 01:50:17 am »
  • Yeah, I don't even...
I think we should go with option 2, the maybe to some re-reviewing of what we have in the works as wo go along to either pick out some things that may need a little extra defining or a little bit reworking(Since things could end up being changed).

But that's up to you guys.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2012, 01:53:59 am by Angel Plague »

Starforsaken101

Wake the Beast
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2012, 02:44:24 am »
  • www.mouffers.com
I have to agree with Angel here. I think it might be cool to continue and then review later on.
  • Starforsaken101's DeviantART
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2012, 11:35:31 am »
  • It's the grineer
I'd also go on option 2 and 3, as there are some enemies that need to be reviewed (*cough*my Kamikaze Submission *cough*).
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2012, 03:59:55 pm »
Looks like we'll be looking at option 2 then?  I'll wait on response from dr. !@#$% and the other team members.

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2012, 04:42:57 pm »
With enemies I also opt for number 2.

But maybe we should list enemies per area. Just to see which dungeon/area could still use some submissions and which have duplicates.

Starforsaken101

Wake the Beast
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2012, 04:57:59 pm »
  • www.mouffers.com
With enemies I also opt for number 2.

But maybe we should list enemies per area. Just to see which dungeon/area could still use some submissions and which have duplicates.

I very much agree with this Niek. It might be a good idea to see if we need some more in certain areas or if some areas have too many of a certain type of enemy.

thestig

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2012, 03:48:21 am »
I think we should a modified version of 1. Rather than just full out stopping, we should just do an audit of the project and see if our current line up of enemies make sense per geographical region in the game and for each dungeons. I'd rather have that clarity before moving on.
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2012, 06:04:20 pm »
Okay I added the list here: http://zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=40170.0

To keep the discussion in one topic I also locked it. As it is also discussed here. You guys can unlock it if you think the discussion is better suited there.

EDIT: I have also done this for the Friendly/Neutral NPC's
« Last Edit: October 27, 2012, 06:32:26 pm by Niek »
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2012, 04:26:29 pm »
The audit is done.  We have quite a supply of enemies.  Does this make anyone change their stance?

« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2012, 07:53:44 pm »
I think we might need to reconcider some enemies in some areas. For example the Deku Swamp, Carbon Mines and Valley of Death have a lot of enemy types, while they are also a village area. We might want to either define a actual village area (with maybe a similar name) or take out some enemies. I prefer the former option.

There are also some enemies I think aren't as fitting. For example the Redead and Redead Knight might fit well in the Valley of Death, but not so much in the Carbon Mines.

Finally, there is still one type of enemy we really need to define: The Guards of the rich part of Castle Town.

Starforsaken101

Wake the Beast
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2012, 08:14:05 pm »
  • www.mouffers.com
I think we might need to reconcider some enemies in some areas. For example the Deku Swamp, Carbon Mines and Valley of Death have a lot of enemy types, while they are also a village area. We might want to either define a actual village area (with maybe a similar name) or take out some enemies. I prefer the former option.

There are also some enemies I think aren't as fitting. For example the Redead and Redead Knight might fit well in the Valley of Death, but not so much in the Carbon Mines.

Finally, there is still one type of enemy we really need to define: The Guards of the rich part of Castle Town.

I was starting to think of the same thing, Niek. Maybe we should come up with a form of Golem to replace the Redeads? They'd be more like tanks and harder to kill but not like super OP or something. We really need to sit down and look at every area together, I think.
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2012, 08:41:36 pm »
  • It's just Max.
Golems would be awesome! I'm planning on trying to design one as an enemy for the goron dungeon of the game I'm working on too :p

Anyway, I think we've got a pretty good selection, but we definitely don't want to close out any more good ideas that might be had. I think we should simply toughen up our standards for enemies, to allow only the best ideas to continue to inhabit the world. And maybe auditing some of the enemies that have been sitting around for a while without real response can be gone through kind of harshly. Because if we haven't been interested enough in them to respond, they probably aren't that stellar...

Starforsaken101

Wake the Beast
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2012, 08:54:23 pm »
  • www.mouffers.com
Golems would be awesome! I'm planning on trying to design one as an enemy for the goron dungeon of the game I'm working on too :p

Anyway, I think we've got a pretty good selection, but we definitely don't want to close out any more good ideas that might be had. I think we should simply toughen up our standards for enemies, to allow only the best ideas to continue to inhabit the world. And maybe auditing some of the enemies that have been sitting around for a while without real response can be gone through kind of harshly. Because if we haven't been interested enough in them to respond, they probably aren't that stellar...

Alright, well seeing as gm112 is out of commission for the project, do you guys need help in critiquing some of the enemies floating around in our database (the ones that haven't been approved)? I wouldn't mind brushing them over.
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2012, 09:19:51 pm »
That would be very welcome indeed. Thanks.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2012, 10:15:09 pm by Niek »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.432 seconds with 65 queries.

anything