Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Story Pass:THIRD ACT  (Read 16801 times)

Re: Story Pass:THIRD ACT
« Reply #40 on: June 19, 2013, 04:36:28 am »
  • Doesn't afraid of anything
The idea I had behind the shadow cloak was kind of like the knight's crests in WW.  You never actually know that the move exists until you speak to him after getting the cloak.  Prior to that, his challenge unlocks a piece of heart.  There really is no letdown because you just don't know about it.  But this isn't too relevant to the story, this is more for gameplay tuning.

i love big weenies and i cannot lie
« Reply #41 on: June 25, 2013, 10:19:34 pm »
  • It's just Max.
Alright, sounds good. Shall we summarize and move on?

Heading back to Hyrule Town after finishing up in the Deku Swamp, Link goes to meet with the Gerudo King, who tells Link he's discovered that the rest of the cogs are with the Zora, Gorons, and the king says that the final one is kept by the Hylian royal family (I think Niek must have had a reason for saying Royal Family instead of Shiekah, I guess we can change this part if it turns out to make no sense, because I don't know where Niek was going with that and haven't heard from him in a while.)

Link, after the Zora and Goron cogs, heads out of the castle, but is caught by guards on the way out. Before he is thrown in the dungeon, however, Zelda happens by and recognizes him. She has Link sent out of the castle instead of imprisoned, but guards now block the path Link has been using the get into the castle/visit Ganon.

On his way out of the town, Link happens across a Deku merchant, whose goods were stolen by a band of traveling Zola. In the field, Link finds the Zola and fights them. He loses, but the Zola abandon the fight and goods when they hear that "hostages have been taken."

Returning the deku merchant's goods, he will lower the price of his flippers, allowing Link to buy them and access the river valley of the Zora. In the Zora's town, Link finds the everyone panicked, as their leaders have been kidnapped by the Zola and taken to forts along the river.

Either sneaking or battling his way into the forts, Link rescues the prince, princess, and King Zora. The Zola flee their forts after their defeat, opening the path into Lake Hylia.

At Lake Hylia, Link meets a man named Sheldon, who is studying the ancient mechanisms that dot the lake shore. Upon investigating one, Link is attacked by Maple, taking a more active role now in deterring Link. She is bested and flies off, but during the fight the mechanism was broken.

Sheldon sets about repairing it, while Link goes to find the rest. He activates each one, and returning to Sheldon, they activate the last one, which raises the entrance of the ancient lakebed temple. Link approaches it, and overhears Maple talking with the Hero's shade. She goes into the temple, and the shade speaks to Link, warning him to avoid tampering with things he doesn't understand or he could bring the lives of everyone in Hyrule to an end.

Regardless of the hero's warning, Link enters the temple, claiming the water cog and advancing his quest.

On his way out of the river valley, Link is attacked by the remnant of the Zola, wanting revenge for their defeat. However, before Link can fight, the prince and princess of the Zora arrive and defeat the Zola. They share with Link that his courage inspired them to become stronger and take action to decide the course of their lives. They give him the Zora seal or whatever, an object signifying the friendship of the Zora people. This item will evoke different reactions from Zora characters Link meets now.

Link heads back toward Hyrule town...
« Reply #42 on: June 26, 2013, 12:09:18 am »
  • Doesn't afraid of anything
I think what Niek and I decided was that Ganon thought the Royal Family held the last cog, but later finds out that the Shiekah have it.  I think the plan was to have Ganon somehow communicate to Link after getting the Goron Cog that the Shiekah have the next cog, and then Link would continue straight onto Death Valley without returning to Hyrule Town.

That aside, this finalizes the Zora arc and we can carry on!

i love big weenies and i cannot lie
« Reply #43 on: July 25, 2013, 08:42:02 pm »
Just a quick reply, about what my idea was when mentioning that Ganon would give the Zora and Cog locations together. Ganon does not know that the Sheikah have the last cog although they might suspect it.

Link would get this knowledge from a Sheikah elder "Seare", who is almost driven insane by the visions of doom and has a more grand realisation that the events of evil are already set in motion and it is better to control the flow that to turn it around. Thus he goes rogue against the council of elders.

Or a somewhat less idea is that the ancient hero tells Link the location. As he is now more dependent on Link, with 3 cogs already in his posesion.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.274 seconds with 43 queries.

anything