Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Story Pass: Fifth Chapter  (Read 12892 times)

Story Pass: Fifth Chapter
« on: July 14, 2013, 10:12:29 pm »
  • Doesn't afraid of anything
Here we are finally, the last challenge Link goes through before fighting his way through the Celestial Clock!  This part of the story focuses on the Sheikah and Gerudo, two rival races.  Here's what the Wiki says on the Sheikah:

Residing in a series of temples throughout the Valley of Death, they are the rivals of the Gerudo. Their elders reside in the highest parts of the the temples and are rarely seen on a normal basis. They have countless books and literature on the history of Hyrule and are the most knowledgeable about the world, magic, and combat. The elders are the only ones in all of Hyrule other than Ganondorf who are familiar with the ancient Hylian Language, far different from the modern dialect.

So we basically know at this point that the Sheikah and Gerudo are at each other's throats and the Sheikah kind of sort of know Link's quest isn't as heroic as he thinks it is.  Mayhaps we can do something like...Link goes to talk to the Sheikah to get their cog and they turn him down (reason being their knowledge of Link's quest and because they just can't get the !@#$% into their own temple because it's sealed with a raging beast inside.)  As a result, Link contacts Ganondorf by some magical means (we still haven't figured out how that's gonna work yet) to inform him who could say something along the lines of, "They wouldn't let someone of your skill have the cog? How insulting.  Seek out my people, they will give you the tools you need to overcome the Sheikah" effectively pitting the player against the Sheikah.  Then we could go off and get the Fire & Ice arrows from the Gerudo, who LOVE the idea of Link going after the Sheikah.  Link fights his way through the Sheikah to get to the elders, who eventually decide to allow Link into the temple.

This is what I've come up with for a premise. Has some holes and whatnot in it, and I'm not entirely sure what would convince the Sheikah to let Link into the temple all of a sudden.  Thoughts?

EDIT: Also, I can't remember what characters we've come up with and approved for this part.  I know we have Abigail so far.

i love big weenies and i cannot lie
Re: Story Pass: Fifth Chapter
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2013, 09:34:27 pm »
  • Yeah, I don't even...
Since I doubt the sheikah would want to risk the raging beast getting out and link getting into it for his less than noble quest, I'm thinking that link could instead when he gets to where the elders are supposed to be it could be all empty and something in the room could hint to a secret passageway which when link opens it he would go in and find the elders who are surprised he has found them during a secret meaning walking in when they are talking about what they should do with the unsealing ritual scroll for the temple, and then well since they can't do anything against link being the village elders link kinda takes the scroll and goes and uses it to break the seal of the temple and go inside.

well that's my thoughts since the shiekah won't just give it away link could probably have to take it from them which either way they aren't to thrilled with what's happening, and probably would send some sheikah to go after link, which he could probably encounter within the temple or something as a miniboss or single room thing that could show they aren't happy with link going after the cog and breaking into the temple and such.

Hmm, it's been awhile I need to look back that the charactors for the area since i'm not sure how long it's been since I looked at them so I can kinda help make it a little more detailed and fluent whatever we decide on doing for it.
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2013, 02:39:34 pm »
  • It's just Max.
I don't think the shiekah will let Link into their temple at all... unless! They're trying to kill him. The shiekah could trap Link in the temple in order to have him attacked by the monster inside. Or, Link could merely sneak in, unauthorized. But I kinda like the maybe the good guys went too far idea of the Shiekah throwing Link into the dungeon to have him killed.

Anyway, we kinda need to figure out where everyone is first. My first thought being- how do the Gerudo feel, where are they, who do they follow? Have they turned to following Ganon? Do they remain loyal to Farin, and Link doesn't realize Ganon isn't Farin? Have they said, !@#$% men, we're leading ourselves?

We can do whatever, we just need to decide. So we should prolly figure out the problems with all of the above.

Having the Gerudo openly following Ganon makes the most sense to me right now because then this would keep up the pretense that Ganon is the real king, if the Gerudo treat him as the king. Upon Ganon's return, he saw his people were in the hands of a young king that wanted to restore his people's reputation and status- but, his methods were to try to make peace with the Shiekah and Hylians. This wasn't going well, as the Hylians were useless and never responded to his emissaries, and the Shiekah were still distrustful after so many years of war with the Gerudo.

Ganon plotted to frame Farin for a crime and have him executed, as Ganon appeared in the Gerudo city and claimed power, promising to restore the Gerudo's former status by crushing the Shiekah and overthrowing the Hylian empire. Farin escaped from the execution and fled the city, eventually finding his way to Hyrule town in pursuit of Ganon.

So this way, the Gerudo would be aware that their king is in Hyrule, and would support Link if he'd been given a mission by Ganon.

---

Another option is to have the Gerudo fail to realize that their king has been overthrown as well. Perhaps Farin left the Gerudo city and that's the last they heard, until Link comes back and says that the Gerudo king is in the castle, and he's working for him. So they'd be delighted to help Link, since he's working for - the Gerudo suppose- Farin, a good king.
Of course, Farin, on his way to meet the Hylians, had been attacked by Ganon, and his credentials stolen. Ganon beat him to Hyrule and claimed to be the king, and Farin, without credentials, couldn't prove he wasn't an imposter, so took up residence trying to disprove Ganon.

---

Or, we could have it that Ganon, back from beyond, waited until the next male Gerudo was born. Then, he stole the young child and cast him out into the desert, waited 30 or 40 years, and came to the Gerudo pretending to be the lost king. Farin, meanwhile, was raised by a shiekah hermit, and never told of his identity until he came of age. He sneaked into the Gerudo city to find Ganon, but was captured and sentenced to death as an imposter, trying to usurp the throne. Farin escaped, and pursued Ganon to Hyrule, continuing his crusade to unmask him there.

---

Or, perhaps Ganon doesn't want control over the Gerudo, he just needs to manipulate the Hylian Royalty. Therefore, he framed Farin for a crime and arranged for his execution. Farin escaped, and the Gerudo, without a leader, just decided Abigail was enough, and follow her exclusively. They are willing to help Link just because he is working against the Shiekah, so Link's aims align with the Gerudos'.

So one of those are where the Gerudo are. The Shiekah, we already defined better. They're engaged in a war with the Gerudo, over resources like water. There must be some reason they can't ask Hyrule for resources, since they're supposed to be allies. Are the shiekah enemies of Hyrule now? Are they just treated poorly, like the poor in the slums?

Anyway, the Shiekah are aware of the ancient history, and know that the cogs are used to open the door to the triforce. They are also aware that the Gerudo king in Hyrule is not the true Gerudo king. So when a Hylian comes looking for the cogs, they know something's up, and refuse to give it to him. They might not openly treat him hostilely, though. Or should they? Perhaps in some parts of the Shiekah settlement, he's treated neutrally, while he's not allowed in others.

Anyway, the big thing to decide after we figure out how everyone's allied, and how everyone will act, is what Link will do. We've always had him helping people, but he can't really help the shiekah, so he'll have to help the Gerudo, or nobody at all. The things we need to accomplish before the dungeon:

- Establish that the shiekah know what the cogs are for and don't support what Link is doing, because they know something about the Gerudo king that Link doesn't. Although, they can't openly reveal that the King is a fake. Or if they say "false king" or something, leave it ambiguous enough that it could be interpreted as they just don't support his right to rule. Which, neither do the Hylians, since they seem to have imposed sanctions on the Gerudo, forcing them to starve in the desert.

- Have Link meet the Gerudo, show that they're poor because of the Hylians, facing similar things to the poor in the slums. Evoke some sympathy.

- But also, we can't make the shiekah out to just be evil and imposing on the Gerudo, since we need to start instilling doubt about Ganon in the player's mind. So show their side of the story, whatever it is, also.

- Have Link get the fire and ice arrows.

- Have some sort of interaction with the Hero's Ghost. This might be a good time for him to reveal a little more, and create more doubt about Ganon.
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2013, 06:25:11 pm »
First off, glad to see you back, Kami!

Max, I haven't read your entire post yet (I gotta comment on Kami's still too), but just skimming it, the Gerudo currently follow Abigail.

well that's my thoughts since the shiekah won't just give it away link could probably have to take it from them which either way they aren't to thrilled with what's happening, and probably would send some sheikah to go after link

I def agree with something along these lines.  The Gerudo are supposed to give Link the Fire & Ice arrows, so they should be utilized to enter the temple.  Maybe they're used to break/weaken the seal

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2013, 03:10:18 pm »
Ok, read the rest, here are my thoughts:

Or, perhaps Ganon doesn't want control over the Gerudo, he just needs to manipulate the Hylian Royalty. Therefore, he framed Farin for a crime and arranged for his execution. Farin escaped, and the Gerudo, without a leader, just decided Abigail was enough, and follow her exclusively. They are willing to help Link just because he is working against the Shiekah, so Link's aims align with the Gerudos'.

This one currently fits the best with current character designs.  I would imagine Abigail to be in a similar position of power as Nabooru.  This would make her second in command, with her only superior being the king.  Considering the absence of the king, this would make her first in command. 

- But also, we can't make the shiekah out to just be evil and imposing on the Gerudo, since we need to start instilling doubt about Ganon in the player's mind. So show their side of the story, whatever it is, also.

We never actually established this, unfortunately.  We've always said there is just a rivalry between them.  Maybe the beast sealed in the temple has a connection to the Gerudo?  Possibly summoned/created by them to attack the Sheikah in hopes of claiming their land?

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2013, 10:13:46 pm »
  • Yeah, I don't even...
Though I recall the beast that I ended up making, was more of a break everything in it's path, they possibly summoned it, but since it doesn't obey anybody it just went off to do it's thing, and the sheikah happen to be close by so it could of unintentionally did what it was supposed to and go terrorise the sheikah or a while, but ends up failing since they sealed it away in their temple and such, so they wouldn't call it a victory I guess. Which would show that the gerudo initiated the conflict, or started it back up. And at this point since it's been so long most don't even remember why they are fighting each other aside for land, even though on the sheikah's end it was originally, and since nobody except the really old elders know the full story, it's more so turned into
a kinda land war that the sheikah wanted to avoid.

And my thoughts on the other mentioned things is that I think Ganon is just letting his people do whatever, since I think that they wouldn't know that ganon was the one who ended up throwing him in the desert to fend for himself and when he grew able went after ganon to hyrule's castle city.

and even though the sheikah are allies with hylians, due to maybe some political tensions, or that hylians find themselves more important than the 'poor' desert dwelling sheikah. So that could possibly prevent the hylians from even listening to pleas for help and such with the hylians egos which could have been started by ganon himself to hinder the sheikah who know the truth.

and I went and did a look back on Abigail since it says something along the lines of her opening up the proving grounds for link to earn the fire and ice arrows to unseal the temple, I agree that it should be used to break the weakened seal for the temple. and when link is about to open up the temple he is ambushed by a group of remaining sheikah but then the door opens and they flee in different directions since all anybody remembers about the temple, is that opening it is deadly bad luck for everyone around it.

That's about all I can think of at the moment.
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2013, 01:49:28 pm »
  • It's just Max.
This one [Gerudo are led by Abigail alone] currently fits the best with current character designs.  I would imagine Abigail to be in a similar position of power as Nabooru.  This would make her second in command, with her only superior being the king.  Considering the absence of the king, this would make her first in command.

Cool, this fits with what I proposed in Farin's NPC topic, and I kinda liked that backstory :p  So the Gerudo cast Farin out when he was younger, due to Ganon framing him for a crime. They've been led by female warlords ever since.

This also gives us the opportunity to throw in some confusion if Link meets a Gerudo who says they have no king, because Ganon is supposed to be representing them. The player might think, hmm, that's suspicious. I think it might work out well if Ganon doesn't directly tell Link to go find the Gerudo, because he does risk them revealing that he isn't the king if Link does see them. Maybe Link should find them on his own.

We never actually established this, unfortunately.  We've always said there is just a rivalry between them.  Maybe the beast sealed in the temple has a connection to the Gerudo?  Possibly summoned/created by them to attack the Sheikah in hopes of claiming their land?

This is actually good news, I was kind of getting a headache trying to figure out what they were fighting over and how that would all work out. What about this: The shiekah's mission, given to them ages ago, was to enforce the Gerudo's exile. So that's why the Gerudo dislike them, and also why they stay out of things in Hyrule, they're busy in death valley, protecting the only passage into the desert.

Or there could be something else. Maybe the Hylians don't like them because they're poor, and they're ignored with the rest of the races of Hyrule, as Kami suggested. The shiekah resent this, but they're so loyal to the royal family that they won't leave death valley.

Or something else. I feel like maybe we can adapt whatever their conflict is to whatever gameplay problem / quest we're gonna have Link do.

Quote from: Kami
and then well since they can't do anything against link being the village elders link kinda takes the scroll and goes and uses it to break the seal of the temple and go inside.

Personally, I don't like the idea of having the shiekah refuse to do anything to Link. I picture them as very willing to take matters into their own hands to protect their temple, their duty, and the triforce. Especially if, as we discussed a while ago, we have shiekah do so much as pursue Link to his final reunion with Ganon... although I guess we didn't finalize that, I just remember discussing it :p

Anyway, point being, I think the shiekah should kick ass.
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2013, 12:14:09 am »
This is actually good news, I was kind of getting a headache trying to figure out what they were fighting over and how that would all work out. What about this: The shiekah's mission, given to them ages ago, was to enforce the Gerudo's exile. So that's why the Gerudo dislike them, and also why they stay out of things in Hyrule, they're busy in death valley, protecting the only passage into the desert.

Ok, this is pretty !@#$% cool.  The Sheikah are at a constant issue of how to get rid of the Gerudo after the war and the Gerudo are at a constant issue of how to get rid of the Sheikah to protect themselves.  At this point, it's gone beyond that and is now also to gain control of the entire desert. 

Maybe the arrival of Link in the desert is in itself the Sheikah's conflict (or builds on their conflict with the Gerudo).  They know damn well what Link is up to, so maybe they could turn on him upon meeting with them.  Link would have to escape into the desert to avoid them, maybe with some subtle help from the Hero?

« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2013, 12:41:53 am »
  • It's just Max.
Good point, the Shiekah don't really need a problem, because Link isn't gonna help them- they're antagonists right now. They seem to be succeeding in their task of keeping the Gerudo out of Hyrule anyway.

The Gerudo need some problem that Link can immediately solve for them. What would be cool is if Link helps them, and then it isn't all sunshine and puppies like when he helps the Zora or Gorons. Maybe the Gerudo, even though they're downtrodden and remind Link of his poor people back home, aren't nice.

Perhaps the Gerudo have a problem, and by solving it for them, Link causes a young Shiekah boy to be captured. Feeling really bad about this, Link helps him escape (some Gerudo could say that this reminds them of when the last King escaped, referencing Farin). Through this helping, then going back, it cements the sentiment of "wait, who should we trust?", and Link can acquire the fire and ice arrows as he escapes.

For that one to work, Link would have to encounter the Shiekah first, and then be turned away by them, so he initially thinks they're bad guys and wants to help the oppressed Gerudo.

Then he'd go to the Gerudo town, and meet Abigail, who'd be nice to him and work up sympathy just before they're "attacked". A masked Shiekah apparently stole some important maps or something and disarmed three guards before running into the desert.

Link, trying to help, chases the Shiekah and defeats him, only to find that it's just a kid. The kid explains: "these are maps of my city's infrastructure, the Gerudo are planning to destroy a tunnel the underground river goes through, which will divert the Shiekah water supply and we'll all die". But before Link can do anything, the Gerudo show up and capture the kid. Abigail takes his weapon, the fire and ice arrows, and the Gerudo, Shiekah hostage in tow, return to their city.

Link now has a choice- the Shiekah seem bad, oppressing the Gerudo and trapping them in the desert. But the Gerudo plan to execute a kid who was trying to save his people. Link decides to save the kid. He goes back to the Gerudo city, and finds the fire and ice arrows, and steals them.

The Gerudo have the kid tied to a pole in the center of a courtyard. As Link arrives on the second level, looking down into the courtyard, they light a fire to burn the kid at the stake. However, Link can freeze the flames with the ice arrows. The Gerudo are confused, and Link can go around and shoot the ropes with the fire arrows, allowing the kid to escape. The Gerudo are now furious, Abigail especially, who drops her guise of being sweet to reveal her bloodthirsty, vengeful nature. She screams about how this is just like the king, escaping fate! the shiekah kid runs past Link, telling him to meet him at the place where the Gerudo are planning to divert the underground river.

Link goes to meet the kid there, and they stop the Gerudo. The kid thanks Link, and uses a secret entrance to get into the tunnels that lead to the Shiekah city. Link now can use these tunnels himself to sneak into the Shiekah city.

He does so, and evades notice for a while, but is inevitably caught by the Shiekah, who recognize him as the one who was looking for the cogs. They take him to the elders, who confer, the agree- he can go into the temple. One of the elders- Seere, who is obviously looked down on as crazy by the others- volunteers to escort him.

Seere walks Link into the entrance. He tells Link that he's had visions of doom for the past months, and terrible nightmares of cogs. "They must not be used for evil, and I senses that you are pivotal in all of this, Link. You might bring great salvation to Hyrule..." At this point, Seere opens the door to the temple and pushes Link in. "Or great doom. Good luck!" And Seere leaves and closes the door.

Link, trapped in the dungeon, is attacked by the monster. He can use the fire and ice arrows to fend it off, but not destroy it. Once the monster turns away, Link can explore the dungeon.

The only thing with this one is that it doesn't involve the Hero very much...

Mirby

Drifter
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2013, 08:22:34 am »
  • To bomb or not to bomb...
Well I think Link can do some things on his own without the help of the Hero, right?

Plus if this is the final normal part before the finale in the Celestial Clock...

Mirby Studios | Share & Enjoy now available! (Links above!) | Games I've Beaten
Quote from: Mamoruanime
I like-like it :D
  • Mirby Studios
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2013, 05:18:40 am »
Alright, my finals are done so I'm alive again!

Let's see, I like this for the most part.  We do need the hero involved somehow.  I think I mentioned somewhere that they have a brief battle in the Valley of Death or whatever the hell it's called?  I might have mentioned that at the end of the Goron arch.

EDIT: Yea, check this post http://zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=40714.msg444561#msg444561

Well I think Link can do some things on his own without the help of the Hero, right?

Yea, def don't think we're gonna be looking for the hero to help the player

« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2013, 05:00:41 pm »
  • It's just Max.
Holy crap. School. Every once in a while   Check ZFGC to see if this project has progressed anyway, but I can't complain about lack of progress if im not contributing :p

So, I think we left off trying to figure out what's gonna happen with the Shiekah and Gerudo, which is the toughest bit because they're so connected to the overall plot that we can't do some isolated problem. We've established that the two tribes are fighting, Shiekah to eradicate the Gerudo or at least keep them away from Hyrule, the Gerudo fighting for survival as well as fueled a little bit by vengeance, so maybe we should establish some attitudes?

I feel like the Shiekah are proud, and feel like they're doing their job. They're supposed to protect Hyrule and serve the royal family, which they're doing because the royal family is large and in charge and there's no war. However, the Shiekah kind of need to be blinded, because they're supposed to be semi-omniscient too. Sin they don't know about Ganon's plans, they must have a reason to be missing. I figure pride is a good one. We could play that to have a small faction who isn't following the prideful leadership, and is worried about the Gerudo, but they're stifled a little bit. Seere would be a good person in this, because he's got those visions of doom.

The Gerudo's attitude could be however we want, we could cast them as beaten down in exile, nearly holding onto survival, or proud and vengeful, which is how they've been traditionally. I'm kinda thinking start out with them beaten down and sympathetic, because we are gonna have Link in opposition to the Shiekah since he wants their cog.

So how will this affect what actually happens?

Since the Gerudo are led by Abigail and know nothing of Ganon, and having exiled Farin when he was young, Ganon wouldn't want Link to meet them, he'd risk becoming exposed. Therefore, Link is initially going after the Shiekah. The only wild card powerful enough the affect Ganon's schemes at this point is the Hero's Ghost. So if Ganon wants link to avoid the Gerudo and he doesn't, then the Hero has to cause that alteration.

So Link initially goes to the Shiekah, who 1) will refuse to give him the cog, and 2) shouldn't be openly hostile yet. Perhaps Link can meet their leader pretty immediately after journeying to their city, and their leader pridefully declares that there are no problems in Hyrule, everything is as it should be. Seere, an aged advisor, starts to object, but Prideful leader silences him and sends Link away, sealing him out of the Shiekah city. However, Seere sends Link a message- meet him at X place. Link goes there, and finds it to be the entrance to the Shiekah temple. However, before Seere arrives, the Hero steps out from behind a pillar and engages Link.

This battle can be won through destroying some structure that, although the Hero is deterred from killing Link, Link is dropped into an underground river or slides down a mountain or something to create a way into the Gerudo desert.

Down in the desert, Link meets the Gerudo, and eventually converses with Abigail. Finding out that Link opposes the Shiekah instantly earns their trust.

From here, we've gotta get Link the fire arrows, make him distrust the Gerudo as well as Shiekah, and then get him back to the temple's entrance.

Or also, we can go with that idea   Had a couple posts ago, of Link being turned away by the Shiekah, and then helping the Gerudo to capture a Shiekah kid, but then instead of just walking into the desert, a battle with the Hero somehow facilitates that, bringing him into it.

« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2013, 08:43:15 pm »
Ahh glad to see we're back in business! I was getting worried haha!

Ok so!  I like this new idea better than the child idea.  This one seems more...interesting. 

As for the fire arrows, I THINK the original idea was to have him get them from the Gerudo Training Grounds, but I could be mistaken. 

Placing mistrust into Link for the Gerudo could be easy, could be hard.  Maybe what we can do is hint at him that the Gerudo are up to no good.  As confirmation, Link could sneak into Abigail's quarters at night and overhears some plan that the Gerudo have against Hyrule or something.

« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2013, 05:12:59 am »
You guys should use the easy albiet cliche "note falling from pocket" trick.  Have a note describing some coming event or whatever that the Gerudo are about to due that is pretty nasty.  Link finds it and bam!  plot hole covered.

What the note says it upto you guys.  :3
  • Super Fan Gamers!
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2013, 07:42:28 pm »
OR maybe Link could pickpocket the note from a Gerudo!  Let's say he's just walking around the fortress and decides he wants to test out his thieving skills against a real band of thieves?  One of the Gerudo in the fortress has a note to be delivered to Abigail.

« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2013, 03:23:02 pm »
  • It's just Max.
Alright, so basically what we're heading toward is this?:

Shiekah are met first, and initially present themselves as pompous and arrogant. They obviously won't let Link anywhere near the cog since they know to protect it, and they also think that there's no danger in Hyrule, since the Gerudo are still kept out. Link makes no progress there, but then is led into the desert by the Hero's spirit.

In the desert, the Gerudo initially seem beat-down by the Shiekah, and Link sympathizes. He meets with Abigail and perhaps they work out a deal, he'll help them because he likes helping people, and because helping them attack the shiekah will allow him to get close to the cog.

However, Link finds a note that somehow makes him realize the Gerudo aren't as sympathetic as he thought. He probably realizes this too late however, because the Gerudo's attack still allows him to get into the Shiekah temple.

So here's how I'm thinking this will work: the Hero's Ghost, at their last encounter, fought Link, but at the end, elected not to destroy him. Maybe he can intentionally lead Link to the Gerudo -subtly, but not so subtly you don't know it's the hero, and the player can get the impression that the Hero isn't completely antagonistic.

In the desert, Link will meet the Gerudo, who are never trustful. He'll have to prove his strength and dedication to opposing the shiekah by climbing and battling his way through the ancient, abandoned, booby-trapped shiekah outpost and claiming the treasure at its top (or deep within it), the fire and ice arrows. Or something along these lines, maybe the fire and ice arrows are a Gerudo reward for proving his dedication some other way.

Either way, Link joins them and provides some essential service to help them attack the shiekah city, under the impression that he will help the Gerudo gain their freedom as well as get a chance to find his "gear thingy" as Abigail puts it. Maybe Link uses the fire and ice arrows to open a path the Gerudo couldn't take before. However, as they're preparing their attack, Link finds out that they're planning more than just getting their freedom and leaving the desert- they're planning on killing all the shiekah. Link tries to stop them, but the Gerudo go through with their attack anyway and breach the shiekah's walls.

During the confusion of the battle, Link can gain access to the Shiekah temple. He finds Seere at the entrance, how talks to Link, saying that he's seen him in visions. He might bring great destruction, or salvation- only the path of shadow will show the truth: and he opens the gate to the shadow temple, and pushes Link in- initiating the first battle with the boss, which Link can't destroy the boss, but can fend him off.

Anyway, that's one idea. Any others/critique?
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2013, 04:06:24 pm »
I think what we can do with the fire and ice arrows is use it to open paths in the Shiekah's fortress.  The Shiekah stored them in the abandoned outpost and the Gerudo send Link to retrieve them to prove his worth.  Then Link can use them after he learns what the Gerudo are really up to to make his way through the fortress to get to the Shadow Temple.

« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2013, 09:15:20 pm »
As we're falling behind in our activity here, I'm going to finalize some things.

Shiekah are met first, and initially present themselves as pompous and arrogant. They obviously won't let Link anywhere near the cog since they know to protect it, and they also think that there's no danger in Hyrule, since the Gerudo are still kept out. Link makes no progress there.

The Hero's Ghost confronts Link and fights him.  At the end of the battle, Link is defeated, but escapes into the desert.  The Hero elects to not finish him.

In the desert, Link meets the Gerudo.  The Gerudo initially seem beat-down by the Shiekah, and Link sympathizes. He meets with Abigail and perhaps they work out a deal, he'll help them because he likes helping people, and because helping them attack the shiekah will allow him to get close to the cog.

Link is to prove his worth by going to one of the major Shiekah outposts, long abandoned.  Fighting his way through traps and creatures, he finds the Fire and Ice Arrows, which were left there by the Shiekah.  He brings them back and turns them over to the Gerudo.  Abigail explains to Link that the Fire and Ice arrows were designed by the Shiekah and are used as a key on many locks in their fortress.  They begin preparing to storm the fortress. 

While further exploring the Gerudo Hideout, Link decides he wants to test his thieving skills against a real thief to see how far he's come.  He notices a high ranking Gerudo and pick pockets her, getting a hold of a note.  The note is from Abigail herself and it detailed the attack against the Shiekah.  It also contained the horrible things that the Gerudo were planning to do with the Shiekah once they were defeated. 

With his mind now torn and conflicted, he decides to go to the Shiekah Fortress just to see what was going on.  Just before he leaves, he is attacked by the Gerudo he stole from.

"You didn't honestly think I wouldn't notice, did you?"

Link defeats her in battle and quickly goes to the Shiekah Fortress, which he finds under attack by the Gerudo.  Fighting his way through both Gerudo and Shiekah, he finds a path leading to the temple.  Using Fire and Ice arrows, he is able to unlock a number of doors leading through parts of the fortress that haven't been opened for years, some parts crawling with Redead. 

He reaches the temple but can't open it.  He turns around and is confronted by Seere, who somehow survived the slaughter outside.

He talks to Link, saying that he's seen him in visions. He might bring great destruction, or salvation- only the path of shadow will show the truth: and he opens the gate to the shadow temple, and pushes Link in- initiating the first battle with the boss, which Link can't destroy the boss, but can fend him off.

« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2013, 04:07:19 am »
Weird Question:
Is the player actually going to be killing people?  Other than main villains, most human enemies(except some 2d games) flee once their health is gone.

Probably off-topic for this section, but I felt it was a necessary one to ask after I read Steve's last post.

The other possibility is to make them go unconscious similar to firing arrows at the heads of the Gerudo in OoT.
  • Super Fan Gamers!
« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2013, 04:20:42 am »
We could just knock em out, really.  I don't think Link is in the business of killing human foes, but he will push them to the side when needed.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 94 queries.

anything