Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Poll

Which is better? GameCube or PlayStation2?

GCN!
PS2!
Who cares???

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: GCN V.S. PS2  (Read 6845 times)

*Invisible Cow Snatcher*

GCN V.S. PS2
« on: July 17, 2006, 11:23:00 pm »
Ah yes.
The age old question.
Which do you think is better? GCN? Or PS2? ???

Me??
I perfer GCN. Mainly because it's made by Nintendo who also made the Legend Of Zelda series. ;)

BTW:This is my first post and my first poll ;D
« Last Edit: July 18, 2006, 12:21:52 pm by *Invisible Cow Snatcher* »
Re: GCN V.S. PS2
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2006, 11:24:19 pm »
*Has a good idea of how this will end*

Gcn for me. Pikmin rules.
The Legend of Zelda: Hall of the Dead
Complete and free Zelda fan game
http://dayjo.org/uncannyvisions/hotd.html
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2006, 11:27:16 pm »
  • =/
I really don't care. (I own an xbox) But giving the choice, I'd take a GCN over a PS2 for the reasons that I like Zelda, and hate final fantasy. (Except crystal chronicals which I liked because I could play it with my friends)

*Invisible Cow Snatcher*

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2006, 11:28:49 pm »
(Off Topic) How do I put an animated GIF in my sig?

Limey

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2006, 11:33:06 pm »
Well, I'll compare my favorite games on the consoles:

GC:
Resident Evil 4
Luigi's Mansion
Super Smash Brothers
TLoZ:WW

PS2:
Shadow of the Colossus
Kingdom Hearts II
Kingdom Hearts I
Guitar Hero
Sly 3
Katamari Damacy
We <3 Katamari

I have to say ps2.  Honestly most of the "good" gamecube games (metroid prime, Tales of Symphonia) I have hated.  I own both, and no xbox, and like them both, but overall, the gamecube has felt like a failure.  Almost no games have come out recently, and I have so many old gamecube games that are complete !@#$%.

PS2.

EDIT:
Cow Snatcher, to put an image in your signature, host it somewhere (http://www.lawlurhost.com/lawlyourimage.png lol), then edit your signature and type [ img]http://www.lawlurhost.com/lawlyourimage.png[/img].  Obviously replace this dumb url with your images url ;)

EDIT2:

BTW, Welcome to the forums! n__n
« Last Edit: July 17, 2006, 11:39:05 pm by -=Limey=- »

*Invisible Cow Snatcher*

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2006, 11:36:47 pm »
Thanks Limey! ;D

Edit 1:

Limey, I did what ya said, but now it just shows that stupid X thingy.
Do you know why my gif is unavailable???   

Edit 2:
Nvm... I got fed-up and put the gif as my avatar.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2006, 12:30:13 pm by *Invisible Cow Snatcher* »
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2006, 02:05:15 am »
  • Doesn't afraid of anything
gcn

games are original and better (with the exception of katamari..)
gcn is more durable
better resolution..ps2 res makes me cry

i love big weenies and i cannot lie
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2006, 02:19:26 am »
I love GCN, PS2's graphics just turn me off.
the a o d c
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2006, 02:28:00 am »
heh, I think it's hilarious how people are always saying "graphics aren't that important" and then saying "I prefer GCN to PS2 cuz of graphics." So, you're buying a PS3 then, right? Or are you? I think you're just trying to find a new way to say "I prefer GCN cuz it's NINTENDO."

Honestly, although I despised it at first, I've come to love my PS2 more than any other console. The game selection is a lot better than the GCN, which is basically standing on the series that already have a fanbase and not really breaking ANY ground with new games, which really seems to have been Nintendo's basic strategy for quite awhile. And sadly, it's been working. PS2 is great, especially for RPGs and Action/Adventure games. And if racing/sports games are your thing (they're not mine, although Burnout 3 is pretty awesome), then PS2 is great as well. However, if you love playing games with the words Metroid, Zelda, Mario, or Tales in the title, then you probably prefer GCN. But I'm the kind of guy who prefers Devil May Cry, Xenosaga, God of War, and the abundant list of PS1 titles--many of which I missed the first time around (Breath of Fire, Xenogears, Final Fantasy Tactics, etc.).

In the end it comes down to personal preference, and at a forum composed mostly of Nintendo fans (it is a Zelda forum after all), most people are going to prefer a Nintendo console, because they're playing the same games they've been playing since they were children, and they like that. New games be damned, if the word "Zelda" is in the title, 95% of this forum is going to buy it.

"It is a terrible thing for a man to find out suddenly that all his life he has been speaking nothing but the truth" - Jack, The Importance of Being Ernest

tippz

« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2006, 03:06:41 am »
You can hardly say Sony is any better at providing new games. They just go about milking their franchises in a different way. Where Nintendo keeps thier franchises to one or two visits per generation, Sony makes a franchise and pumps out an original plus 2-3 sequels than generation. Sony just got a jump on unit sales and slowly pulled all of the 3rd parties with it.

*gamecube*
« Last Edit: July 18, 2006, 03:10:39 am by tippz »
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2006, 03:16:36 am »
Ps2, it has Kingdom Hearts, FFX, FFX-2, God of War

« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2006, 03:16:51 am »
  • Doesn't afraid of anything
well Lupus what I said about the resolution..it's different from the graphics..granted i'll play a game with bad resolution, kh2 didn't have the highest res but I still loved it, but don't you agree that it's nicer to play a smooth looking game rather than a pixelated game?  I don't know about you, but it's just easier on my eyes when I don't have to squint to see something.

i love big weenies and i cannot lie

Limey

« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2006, 03:26:03 am »
You can hardly say Sony is any better at providing new games. They just go about milking their franchises in a different way. Where Nintendo keeps thier franchises to one or two visits per generation, Sony makes a franchise and pumps out an original plus 2-3 sequels than generation. Sony just got a jump on unit sales and slowly pulled all of the 3rd parties with it.

*gamecube*

Except SONY DOESNT MAKE GAMES.  Its all 3rd party, and y'know what?  I'd rather get a 2 games in 2 years than 2 games in 10 years.

tippz

« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2006, 03:29:44 am »
... *ignores the inherent ignorance of that statement*

Sony makes all of these games either first party or second party. *from wikipedia

* Ape Escape
    * Battle Arena Toshinden
    * Dark Cloud
    * Forbidden Siren
    * Formula One
    * Ghosthunter
    * God of War
    * Gran Turismo
    * Grind Session
    * Hot Shots Golf
    * ICO / Shadow of the Colossus
    * Jak and Daxter
    * Kileak: The DNA Imperative
    * Killzone
    * Legend of Dragoon
    * Legend of Legaia
    * Monster Kingdom
    * NBA Shootout
    * NFL GameDay
    * NFL Xtreme
    * NHL Faceoff
    * Okage:Shadow King
    * PoPoLoCrois
    * Ratchet and Clank
    * Rogue Galaxy
    * Rule of Rose
    * SingStar
    * Sly Cooper
    * SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs
    * Syphon Filter
    * The Getaway
    * Twisted Metal
    * Warhawk

Meaning Sony decides when they get made and collects the profit.

The only reason console manufacturers make consoles is as a means to get their software into the homes of consumers. It is very rare that a console will generate profit by itself. Nintendo is really the only one doing it these days...
« Last Edit: July 18, 2006, 03:33:45 am by tippz »
« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2006, 03:58:18 am »
Xbox definately!

Limey

« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2006, 04:02:03 am »
... *ignores the inherent ignorance of that statement*

Sony makes all of these games either first party or second party. *from wikipedia

* Ape Escape
    * Battle Arena Toshinden
    * Dark Cloud
    * Forbidden Siren
    * Formula One
    * Ghosthunter
    * God of War
    * Gran Turismo
    * Grind Session
    * Hot Shots Golf
    * ICO / Shadow of the Colossus
    * Jak and Daxter
    * Kileak: The DNA Imperative
    * Killzone
    * Legend of Dragoon
    * Legend of Legaia
    * Monster Kingdom
    * NBA Shootout
    * NFL GameDay
    * NFL Xtreme
    * NHL Faceoff
    * Okage:Shadow King
    * PoPoLoCrois
    * Ratchet and Clank
    * Rogue Galaxy
    * Rule of Rose
    * SingStar
    * Sly Cooper
    * SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs
    * Syphon Filter
    * The Getaway
    * Twisted Metal
    * Warhawk

Meaning Sony decides when they get made and collects the profit.

The only reason console manufacturers make consoles is as a means to get their software into the homes of consumers. It is very rare that a console will generate profit by itself. Nintendo is really the only one doing it these days...

That means they produce them, not make them.

tippz

« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2006, 04:05:25 am »
Most of those are made first party meaning Sony makes them. There are some made by second parties, but not a lot.

list of sony first parties *also from wikipedia*

o Sony Computer Entertainment, Inc. (SCEI)
          o Sony Computer Entertainment Japan (SCEJ)
          o Polyphony Digital
          o Clap Hanz
          o MuuMuu
          o Team Ico (SCEI - Studio 1)
          o Shift (SCEI - Studio 2)
          o Alvion (SCEI - Studio 3)
          o Deep Space (SCEI - Studio 4)
          o Sugar & Rockets SCEI - Studio 5)
          o Cattle Call
          o Contrail
          o Zener Works
          o Shade

* Sony Computer Entertainment America (SCEA)
          o SCE Studios Santa Monica
          o 989 Studios
          o Naughty Dog
          o Sony Studio Foster City
          o SCEA Sports Studio - Solworks
          o SCEA Sports Studio - Red Zone
          o SCEA Sports Studio - Page 44
          o Sony Online Entertainment
          o Incognito Entertainment
          o Zipper Interactive
          o Sony Bend
          o Idol Minds

* Sony Computer Entertainment Europe (SCEE)
          o Guerrilla Games
          o Studio Cambridge ??? (formerly Millennium Interactive),
          o Studio Liverpool ??? (formerly Psygnosis)
          o Studio London

Sony makes games, get over it...
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2006, 04:16:33 am »

*gamecube*

at least you don't see "God of War Tennis." Not to mention that several of those games are from this generation only, instead of simply living off of the previous generation. Not to mention that Sony receives excellent third party support, whereas the majority of the GCN's third party games are either made by Sega or based on some Nickelodean/Disney TV show/movie.

"It is a terrible thing for a man to find out suddenly that all his life he has been speaking nothing but the truth" - Jack, The Importance of Being Ernest

tippz

« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2006, 04:22:42 am »
If if it is a quality game I don't mind the spin offs. Mario has become more than Nintendo's platforming game, he is Nintendo's mascot and is therefore bound for more things. People like games with Mario and until they stop is would be a bit silly to start over from scratch.

That's what I'm saying though. Sony makes 3 or four games in a series per generation then moves on. Nintendo makes one or two games in a series per generation and keeps it around longer and adds more franchises to its arsenal. Let's face it, by Jak 3 no one got as much enjoyment as they did from Jak and Daxter. However, from OoT people got just as much enjoyment as they did from LoZ, or LttP, or LA.

I also commented on the 3rd party. Whatever console has the best sales takes all the 3rd parties with it. There isn't much loyalty with 3rd parties, it just just about where they can make the money...
« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2006, 04:34:39 am »
I also commented on the 3rd party. Whatever console has the best sales takes all the 3rd parties with it. There isn't much loyalty with 3rd parties, it just just about where they can make the money...

and who do you think had the best third party support in the previous generation? Sony. And is this topic directly about Nintendo versus Sony? No, it's about the GCN versus the PS2, and I honestly think that there are better games on the PS2 that aren't reliant on re-used formulas (anyone else notice how EVERY Zelda game follows the same formula? Sure, it's what makes it a Zelda game, but they could at least mix it up a little so it doesn't feel like I'm playing the same game I played when I was 5).

That's what I'm saying though. Sony makes 3 or four games in a series per generation then moves on. Nintendo makes one or two games in a series per generation and keeps it around longer and adds more franchises to its arsenal. Let's face it, by Jak 3 no one got as much enjoyment as they did from Jak and Daxter. However, from OoT people got just as much enjoyment as they did from LoZ, or LttP, or LA.

proving that they are willing to go out there and try something new, as opposed to relying on previous success to create further success.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.054 seconds with 76 queries.