Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Poll

Which is better? GameCube or PlayStation2?

GCN!
PS2!
Who cares???

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: GCN V.S. PS2  (Read 6844 times)

Re: GCN V.S. PS2
« Reply #40 on: July 18, 2006, 06:17:43 pm »
And *any* Mario Party games is too many ;)

Possum, that's got to be the first thing I remember you saying that I 100% agree with.

"It is a terrible thing for a man to find out suddenly that all his life he has been speaking nothing but the truth" - Jack, The Importance of Being Ernest
« Reply #41 on: July 18, 2006, 06:18:43 pm »
The Mario Party thing is a bad thing but then again the Mario Party games don't make up the entire series.  ;p
« Reply #42 on: July 18, 2006, 06:19:34 pm »
The Mario Party thing is a bad thing but then again the Mario Party games don't make up the entire series.  ;p

They make up the entire Mario Party series :P

« Reply #43 on: July 18, 2006, 06:21:10 pm »

:O  No way Fissure, no friggen way.  XD

That's true but the Mario Party series is a piece of the Mario franchise.  Albeit a very large piece that needs to end.

tippz

« Reply #44 on: July 18, 2006, 06:21:36 pm »
People buy the sequels because they want to, the sequels help further the story, with the exception of DMC 2. Sony just does what ever other game company does and makes sequels.

Nintendo also have their little money making ideas, releasing their NES games on the GBA for $20+ a piece.

Nintendo may have only done it with Mario Party, but they still did it.

I know that is what I tried to say in the first place. Someone counted it as a negative for the GCN so I said Sony does it too.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2006, 06:24:07 pm by tippz »
« Reply #45 on: July 18, 2006, 06:22:08 pm »

:O  No way Fissure, no friggen way.  XD

That's true but the Mario Party series is a piece of the Mario franchise.  Albeit a very large piece that needs to end.

Franchise =/= series.

« Reply #46 on: July 18, 2006, 06:23:45 pm »
So you're saying the Mario Party series isn't a part of the Mario franchise?  That doesn't make any sense man.  XD
« Reply #47 on: July 18, 2006, 06:24:53 pm »
So you're saying the Mario Party series isn't a part of the Mario franchise?  That doesn't make any sense man.  XD

No, i meant a series is not a franchise, it's part of one, yes. But that still doesn't excuse the multiple sequel thing.

« Reply #48 on: July 18, 2006, 06:29:25 pm »
I don't believe I said that the Mario Party series was a franchise.  But whatever, all of us agree that it's gone on long enough.  No matter what you call it...
EDIT:
Ooo, over a 100 posts.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2006, 06:31:31 pm by jman2689 »
« Reply #49 on: July 18, 2006, 06:48:41 pm »
  • Lurking With Style
I dunno really, both have their good points. I'd probably rate them equally.

Mind you, the fact that I only own GCN and not a PS2, and I still rate them equally, says quite a lot, doesn't it?
  • Kousou Games

tippz

« Reply #50 on: July 18, 2006, 06:50:47 pm »
The game selection is a lot better than the GCN, which is basically standing on the series that already have a fanbase and not really breaking ANY ground with new games, which really seems to have been Nintendo's basic strategy for quite awhile. And sadly, it's been working.

Sorry to jump back to this old point but I just noticed it again and thought since we finally settled (you better believe we settled it) the Sony makes sequels JUST LIKE NINTENDO. I thought I would address it.

On the NES Nintendo introduced:
*Dr. Mario
*Fire Emblem
*Kid Icarus
*Legend of Zelda
*Metroid
*EarthBound
*Nintendo Wars (precurser to Advance Wars)
*Excite Bike

On the Gameboy:
*Kirby
*Mario Golf
*Mario Tennis
*Pokemon
*Wario
*Wave Race

On SNES:
*Donkey Kong Country
*F Zero
*Mario Kart
*Mario RPG
*Star Fox
*Yoshi

On N64:
*1080 snowboarding
*Animal Forest (as you probably know came to US as Animal Crossing on GCN)
*Banjo Kazooie (No longer Nintendo property)
*Mario Party
*Paper Mario
*Goldeneye (no longer Nintendo property)
*Super Smash Bros.

On GBA:
*Kuru Kuru Kururin (Japan and Europe)
*Mario and Luigi
*Mario vs. Donkey Kong
*Wario Ware Inc.

On GCN:
*Pikmin
*Luigi's Mansion

On DS:
*Brain Age
*Nintendogs
*Polarium
*Electroplankton
*Trace Memory

On Wii:
*Excite Truck
*Project H.A.M.M.E.R.
*Disaster: Day of Chrisis
*Wii Sports

So, as you can see Nintendo has been adding to its list of franchises for quite a long time. True, it slowed down during the GCN's lifecycle but it already looks to be picking up steam again on the Wii.

« Last Edit: July 18, 2006, 06:58:42 pm by tippz »
« Reply #51 on: July 18, 2006, 11:33:18 pm »
  • Doesn't afraid of anything
They prefer unoriginal games like Katamary Damacy

Sorry to jump back to here, but..how is Katamari Damacy unoriginal? O_o;; it's one of the few original games that i've seen on PS2

Sorry to jump back to this old point but I just noticed it again and thought since we finally settled (you better believe we settled it) the Sony makes sequels JUST LIKE NINTENDO.

Yea, but generally Nintendo only makes about 1 or 2 games in a series per console/handheld.  how many zelda games are there for nes? 2.  How many for snes? 1.  gb/gbc/gba? 4 64? 2 gcn? 2

how about metroid? nes? 1? snes? ...1? gba? 2 gbc? 2 wii? 1 so far (excuse me if i get some of these wrong, i'm not too familair with the metroid games.)

Ok I won't touch mario because of mario party but wave race..there are what, 3 games?
« Last Edit: July 18, 2006, 11:39:20 pm by MasterGohan Zero »

i love big weenies and i cannot lie
« Reply #52 on: July 18, 2006, 11:56:21 pm »
  • =/
GC because i don't like shooters & sports games and thats pretty much all the ps2 has :P

I really don't care. (I own an xbox) But giving the choice, I'd take a GCN over a PS2 for the reasons that I like Zelda, and hate final fantasy. (Except crystal chronicals which I liked because I could play it with my friends)
How can you hate final fantasy???
I love final fantasy but i didn't like crystal chronicles because its just too different from the other FF's...and it gets boring too fast :(
It was just........ weird. Everything was so different, and I can't stand that. Atleast, Halo or Oot relates a bit to this time, but Ff was just like, WTF. (This is the games > 10, the other ones I havn't played)

That and I hate anime. Look up Saber Scorpian.com and you'll find out why. (Clouds hair is pointy, you could kill with that)

(Golden Sun also made me see that Rpgs have to meet a certain standard before I like them. Golden Sun was the perfect game.)
« Last Edit: July 18, 2006, 11:58:04 pm by piers »
« Reply #53 on: July 19, 2006, 03:49:40 am »
Sorry to jump back to here, but..how is Katamari Damacy unoriginal? O_o;; it's one of the few original games that i've seen on PS2

I believe that was FISSURE, and that he was being sarcastic.

tippz: you said it yourself, they didn't really introduce much on the GCN. And quite frankly, I didn't really care for Pikmin (although it's a very original concept), and Luigi's Mansion was EXTREMELY short and easy. And as for continuation of franchises, Wind Waker was good, but I literally put it away once I got to the triforce quest and haven't picked it up since (and I've played every Zelda game excluding CD-I, and beat all of them but WW and AOL), didn't really care for Mario Sunshine (let's clean this place up, guys!), and Metroid Prime was good, but overated. RE4 was awesome, but not exclusive (which I can understand, because the franchise began with Playstation, and it would be just rude to deprive PS2 owners of the game they were promised years ago that eventually became the awesome Devil May Cry). One of the few GCN games I REALLY want to play but haven't is Eternal Darkness. Other than that, I believe that SSBM stands as the best exclusive game on the console, from it's genesis to it's coming apocalypse.

"It is a terrible thing for a man to find out suddenly that all his life he has been speaking nothing but the truth" - Jack, The Importance of Being Ernest
« Reply #54 on: July 19, 2006, 03:50:49 am »

tippz: you said it yourself, they didn't really introduce much on the GCN. And quite frankly, I didn't really care for Pikmin (although it's a very original concept), and Luigi's Mansion was EXTREMELY short and easy. And as for continuation of franchises, Wind Waker was good, but I literally put it away once I got to the triforce quest and haven't picked it up since (and I've played every Zelda game excluding CD-I, and beat all of them but WW and AOL), didn't really care for Mario Sunshine (let's clean this place up, guys!), and Metroid Prime was good, but overated. RE4 was awesome, but not exclusive (which I can understand, because the franchise began with Playstation, and it would be just rude to deprive PS2 owners of the game they were promised years ago that eventually became the awesome Devil May Cry). One of the few GCN games I REALLY want to play but haven't is Eternal Darkness. Other than that, I believe that SSBM stands as the best exclusive game on the console, from it's genesis to it's coming apocalypse.

I believe it wasn't.

Busternaut

« Reply #55 on: July 19, 2006, 04:02:45 am »
tie.  there both equally great.
« Reply #56 on: July 19, 2006, 04:26:24 am »
I didn't really care for Pikmin

*puts fingers in ears*

Nanana, I didn't hear it, no sir.

Either way, the GCN introduced North America to Animal Crossing, we musn't forget that. Also, why not deprive Sony owner of RE4 when they were already deprived of both the RE remake and RE0?
The Legend of Zelda: Hall of the Dead
Complete and free Zelda fan game
http://dayjo.org/uncannyvisions/hotd.html

tippz

« Reply #57 on: July 19, 2006, 04:33:39 am »

Fine that is your own preference, I happen to love all the games in question but whatever. My point, however, is that Nintendo has is and will continue to introduce new franchises while building on old ones.
« Reply #58 on: July 19, 2006, 04:49:53 am »
Either way, the GCN introduced North America to Animal Crossing, we musn't forget that. Also, why not deprive Sony owner of RE4 when they were already deprived of both the RE remake and RE0?

because, like I said, Capcom had already promised PS2 owners that they would get Biohazard 4, but it ended up becoming Devil May Cry, which I'm glad happened, because it resulted in one of my favorite games of all time.

plus, the REmake was good, but I hate the whole "the zombies come back if you don't burn them" thing, and I've heard nothing but criticism for RE0.

Gilgamesh

« Reply #59 on: July 19, 2006, 07:51:31 am »
Tippz, this is GCN vs PS2. Not Nintendo vs Sony. And one can clearly see that the GCN had a small selection of great and superb games, but that the PS2 had a very large selection of good games with the occasional original and fantastic game.

The PS2 wins. It has lots of good games, a nice amount of great games and the occasional gem that can rival Zelda:WW(Shadow of the Colossus & Ico) or Pikmin (Katamari Damacy). And it fills up the holes from the GCN, namely the enormous lack of RPGs and Action games. (FF, DQ, MGS and DMC)

Still, I don't have a PS2. I like Zelda games too much. :P
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.104 seconds with 76 queries.

anything