Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dungeons ~ Mapping  (Read 4191 times)

Dungeons ~ Mapping
« on: April 24, 2009, 12:14:09 am »
Well, I kinda "browsed" through and really did not see much about the dungeons yet so I guess I'll start it up.  Mapping will be simple enough as we have maps to look at and the "room" size.

So, how are we going to do this?  Have specific people work on the dungeons or just toss them together and edit/fix them as we go?

I for one am throwing the Bottle dungeon together at the moment.

I guess I'll have the list here:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Color Dungeon    
Tail Cave    
Bottle Grotto    
Key Cavern    
Angler's Tunnel    
Catfish's Maw    
Face Shrine    
Eagle's Tower    
Turtle Rock

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anything else?
  • Super Fan Gamers!

Jeod

Team Dekunutz, Doubleteam
Re: Dungeons ~ Mapping
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2009, 12:22:36 am »
Kanalet Castle, if you want to call it a dungeon, and the Moblin Cave.
"You should challenge your fates. When all else fails, you can still die fighting." ~Yune

Zelda GBC+ Engine for Multimedia Fusion 2
  • Doubleteam Project Page
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2009, 12:27:57 am »
Yeah, forgot those...Also, what's going to be our room size?
I just through together a room with tiles in a 320 x 256 and I must say it looks very...
claustrophobic.
  • Super Fan Gamers!

Jeod

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2009, 12:33:08 am »
Well I would recommend the standard for the Minish Cap window, if there is a window.

EDIT: Take a look at Xfixium's Tail Cave room. However I think it's also 320x256 in size.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2009, 12:37:47 am by Jeod »
"You should challenge your fates. When all else fails, you can still die fighting." ~Yune

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2009, 12:41:01 am »
Ah, nevermind...I had a shitty tileset >.>
That explains everything.

*gets back to work*
  • Super Fan Gamers!
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2009, 12:46:47 am »
We should really just focus officially on one area at a time so that the quality of the project doesn't go to !@#$%. While we could get more done faster, we don't want to progress extremely further than the engine, and commenting on others existing work, looking for little things that could go wrong, getting some optimized and layered tilesets for that area, etc. makes more sense to me. It gives the project more direction rather than making it chaotic.

Jeod

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2009, 12:51:50 am »
We should really just focus officially on one area at a time so that the quality of the project doesn't go to !@#$%. While we could get more done faster, we don't want to progress extremely further than the engine, and commenting on others existing work, looking for little things that could go wrong, getting some optimized and layered tilesets for that area, etc. makes more sense to me. It gives the project more direction rather than making it chaotic.

Indeed. I believe we were in the middle of the Bosses, so perhaps that should be done first. Still, why not contribute what we already have? I can printscreen Tail Cave and make it into a png if you want.

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2009, 02:27:52 am »

I think we need to focus only on the in everything before the first dungeon and the first dungeon itself, including enemies, bosses, maps, etc.. no need to worry on anything else.

Indeed. I believe we were in the middle of the Bosses, so perhaps that should be done first. Still, why not contribute what we already have? I can printscreen Tail Cave and make it into a png if you want.

Ryuza

That one guy
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2009, 03:24:24 am »
  • RyuKage2007
I'm gonna agree with 4sword, we shouldn't get too far ahead of things, if you guys are working on dungeons I suggest everyone get together on Tail Cave. But before that we still need to get together the tiles to use for everything, that way we don't have everyone using different sets.

Posting mock-ups for Tail Cave would be the best place to start so everyone can look them over for errors before creating the final version.

EDIT: Just looked at Xfixium's stuff, Tail Cave looks awesome in that one :), I can't think of a thing to change. The overworld looks extremely crowded though :P
« Last Edit: April 24, 2009, 03:33:38 am by RyuKage2007 »
<- Koholint Island - MC Style  <- Link's Awakening Photo Recolors  <- Wind Waker 3D Resources <- Super Mario Bros Crossover
  • RyuKage2007's Youtube
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2009, 11:20:30 am »
But I personally just want to work on the dungeons so what's the problem if I map them?
Dungeons is a whole 'nother side of the game.  I don't care about NPCs, enemies, the overworld, etc.  I just want to work on the dungeons via the mapping.

Don't be quick to hamper someone.
  • Super Fan Gamers!

Jeod

« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2009, 12:35:05 pm »
I'm ok with that if you have no interest in anything else. The thing that 4Sword is trying to point out is that it's better to focus on one section at a time to avoid mass confusion and disorder.

Ryuza

That one guy
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2009, 01:35:28 pm »
  • RyuKage2007
Not saying theres anything wrong with mapping them out now, I was just suggesting you guys start with the early ones.
<- Koholint Island - MC Style  <- Link's Awakening Photo Recolors  <- Wind Waker 3D Resources <- Super Mario Bros Crossover
  • RyuKage2007's Youtube
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2010, 12:08:17 pm »
Do we have any done?

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2010, 12:13:44 pm »
  • ^Not actually me.
Zeemo- This project has been long dead, and that's why it's in the archives. If there hasn't been any activity in this long it's a good indication that theres nothing to show.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.051 seconds with 67 queries.

anything