Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Have humans outgrown evolution?  (Read 6672 times)

Re: Have humans outgrown evolution?
« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2008, 11:10:06 pm »
  • I put this here for the sake of that one thread
Seriously, I think we have reached the final stage of evolution.

Evolution doesn't work like that. They are no stages until we look back on it and impose the stages onto it.
That's correct, but I think humans are good as they are now, and do not need any changes.

WE CANT BREATHE UNDER WATER. Say a Biblical Style Flood happens. Most of us would drown. So the few that were living on the mountain tops waiting for the flood to reach them would adapt and evolve to have gills. Then they could survive and thus, evolved once more. Like a long time ago when monkeys lived in the plains, they had no trees to defend themselves against predators. Nowhere to hide. So they just had to out-run them. So they became bipedal. Still they needed food, they began making weapons and tools. Evolution will never end.
Why would we evolve gills just because of a flood? We'd obviously evolve wings. The fish too.

I </3 Sol
« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2008, 12:03:14 am »
I've always hated debates about evolution on zfgc, 95% of people seem to have no understanding of how it works whatsoever.

Moldrill, let alone that it would take billions of years for a mamal to evolve gills (dolphins breath air), the point of this topic is that we wouldn't need to evolve since technology - boats and floating platforms in this case - would allow us to survive anyway.

I forgot about technology.
« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2008, 12:32:09 am »
  • Don't Worry Sir, I'm From The Internet.
I've always hated debates about evolution on zfgc, 95% of people seem to have no understanding of how it works whatsoever.

Moldrill, let alone that it would take billions of years for a mamal to evolve gills (dolphins breath air), the point of this topic is that we wouldn't need to evolve since technology - boats and floating platforms in this case - would allow us to survive anyway.

Types the man on the computer.

On another topic, but I don't think humans are going to ever "fly through space to different galaxies" any time soon. I mean, it takes us so much resources just to get to Mars and the closest galaxy is Proxima Centari (I believe) which is like 2 light years away. And since modern science dictates we can't travel faster than the speed of light, even in a hundred years I don't think we will be able to get that far. I think Space Travel is just a futuristic pipe dream.
Grimace is the demiurge, the creator. From him all things in McDonaldland have sprung. He is not a sin, he's not a menu item, he's just Grimace. He exists. He rolls his lidless eyes and flaps his lipless mouth, formless and terrible, a protean idiot thing from the depths of pre-history.
« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2008, 12:59:07 am »
  • :D

On another topic, but I don't think humans are going to ever "fly through space to different galaxies" any time soon. I mean, it takes us so much resources just to get to Mars and the closest galaxy is Proxima Centari (I believe) which is like 2 light years away. And since modern science dictates we can't travel faster than the speed of light, even in a hundred years I don't think we will be able to get that far. I think Space Travel is just a futuristic pipe dream.
People used to think that flying was IMPOSSIBLE.  Just 100 years ago.  Now look at us.  Honestly I think we can potentially do anything, with enough time devoted to it.  Humans for the win.
« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2008, 04:11:59 am »
  • CRUNCH! I'll add it to the heap!

Yeah, what Limey said. And the whole "We can't move beyond the speed of light" thing is just based off of theory, shaky theory based off of minimal knowledge. We've not been able to test something like that.
And now after years of mocking him the pretending he played a massive part in our lives when really we couldn't care less just to ease our consciounse over said mocking healing can begin <_<

It's Steve Irwin all over again.
« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2008, 04:34:39 am »

Yeah, what Limey said. And the whole "We can't move beyond the speed of light" thing is just based off of theory, shaky theory based off of minimal knowledge. We've not been able to test something like that.
But it still requires a VERY large amount of energy to do so. I can't remember, I think it might be infinite...
« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2008, 04:37:29 am »
Some theoretical physicist said it had to be infinite, but I don't believe it. I think he just picked "infinite" because I didn't have anything else to say, since there was no way to calculate or observe it.
And now after years of mocking him the pretending he played a massive part in our lives when really we couldn't care less just to ease our consciounse over said mocking healing can begin <_<

« Reply #27 on: March 05, 2008, 04:59:07 am »

The ability to communicate over something of likes of the internet would have seemed impossible at one time as well, yet most if not all computer advances came within a period of less then a century. Simply because we haven't discovered some critical element that would speed up travel significantly is no reason to dismiss the possibility. A great idiot once said, "Everything that can be invented, has been invented".
I made a thing! Please try the thing, it's what the kids are calling a "vidja game" for the iOS Splashy Bucket
  • Fictitious Spoon Productions
« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2008, 04:04:44 am »
Y'all haven't heard of forced eugenic development, have you?
ZFGC Veteran since 2004
« Reply #29 on: March 18, 2008, 05:16:13 am »

Ummm...
In before Creationalism debate!

« Reply #30 on: March 19, 2008, 11:20:59 pm »
  • Don't Worry Sir, I'm From The Internet.

The ability to communicate over something of likes of the internet would have seemed impossible at one time as well, yet most if not all computer advances came within a period of less then a century. Simply because we haven't discovered some critical element that would speed up travel significantly is no reason to dismiss the possibility. A great idiot once said, "Everything that can be invented, has been invented".
I suppose you are right, but people in the past imagined us now with floating cities and stuff like that. I honestly think there may be more important inventions that could possibly transport throughout the universe, but it won't be achieved in slightly the same way as we would imagine (flying through space). I mean, people thought there would be flying cars, but didn't think of the internet. When we think of one thing, something WAY more important will come out of the blue.
Grimace is the demiurge, the creator. From him all things in McDonaldland have sprung. He is not a sin, he's not a menu item, he's just Grimace. He exists. He rolls his lidless eyes and flaps his lipless mouth, formless and terrible, a protean idiot thing from the depths of pre-history.
« Reply #31 on: March 19, 2008, 11:35:24 pm »
  • Modrill made the avatar. I command you to like it.
I think the reason people have imagined us (people from 2008) to live in these weird ol' saucers and have robots moving around was because of the rapid growth of technology that was occurring. Also, I think there was something in the "After the Turn of the Millennium" thing that inspired super futuristic ideas.

Still, we ARE in the right path: Already, we are getting robots that can move around, imitate emotions, "learn", and even look lifelike (except for certain movements).

As for flying cars... :/ Our current understanding of Physics probably doesn't allow for the shfancy flying cars from Star Wars. :/

My Brawl FC is 1289-8196-4511. Don't expect me to be on all the time though.
  • Super Smash Karts
« Reply #32 on: March 20, 2008, 04:11:59 am »

Ummm...
In before Creationalism debate!

Haha, I'll take that as a no for you.
ZFGC Veteran since 2004
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 62 queries.

anything