Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Avatar  (Read 6470 times)

Re: Avatar
« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2010, 01:46:01 am »
The cinema has nothing to do with it.

Well it's either that or your vision.
« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2010, 02:16:11 am »
  • :D

Yeah I suppose his vision could be better than yours, you're right.  However it's probably just a difference of opinion.
« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2010, 02:27:46 am »

Yeah I suppose his vision could be better than yours, you're right.  However it's probably just a difference of opinion.

Ermmmm, no. Saying animations act one way when they in fact act another isn't down to opinion. It would be like saying Call of Duty was cell shaded but then backing up and saying "Well it's my opinion".
« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2010, 02:49:43 am »

Ermmmm, no. Saying animations act one way when they in fact act another isn't down to opinion. It would be like saying Call of Duty was cell shaded but then backing up and saying "Well it's my opinion".

It's my opinion that Call of Duty is an awesome Mario Party game.

« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2010, 04:13:23 am »

"looking natural" is something that is hard to quantify.  Neither of you is RIGHT, it's down to human interpertation whether something "looks natural."  In his opinion it looks unnatural, i yours it looks natural. 
« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2010, 08:42:51 am »
Actually, I thought the animations were a bit jerky, but I'm putting that down to the fact that cinema films only run at 24 fps. Not the nice 60hz I'm used to with my computer.
Quote from: Jason
Your community is a bunch of stuck up turds.
« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2010, 11:16:58 am »

"looking natural" is something that is hard to quantify.  Neither of you is RIGHT, it's down to human interpertation whether something "looks natural."  In his opinion it looks unnatural, i yours it looks natural. 

Erm, wrong again. It is not down to human interpretation and it's not down to opinion. The animations weren't jerky, as darklight said it's just a shitty cinema.

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #27 on: January 03, 2010, 11:21:15 am »
  • ^Not actually me.

Erm, wrong again. It is not down to human interpretation and it's not down to opinion. The animations weren't jerky, as darklight said it's just a shitty cinema.

How is something like that not down to human interpretation? When you watched Jurassic Park for the first time, you thought that !@#$% looked real, didn't you? Watching it now, after your eyes have been trained to it you can see it's fake...

!@#$%, even Reptile in the Mortal Kombat film seemed pretty real back in the day. Now it's blatantly obvious.

It's completely up to human interpretation. As we become more aware of current technology, we interpret the visuals much differently.
« Reply #28 on: January 03, 2010, 11:30:48 am »

How is something like that not down to human interpretation? When you watched Jurassic Park for the first time, you thought that !@#$% looked real, didn't you? Watching it now, after your eyes have been trained to it you can see it's fake...

!@#$%, even Reptile in the Mortal Kombat film seemed pretty real back in the day. Now it's blatantly obvious.

It's completely up to human interpretation. As we become more aware of current technology, we interpret the visuals much differently.

Actually you are on about CGI overall, we are on about the animations of the character's being jerky when they just weren't.

See if I was to to say something like "World of Warcraft is completely unplayable because it lags all the time" and it was because I was running it on a laptop that didn't meet the requirements, would that be my interpretation of it? Or my hardware's fault?

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #29 on: January 03, 2010, 11:39:24 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
It's all part of one system though. The animations are part of the CGI. I wasn't just talking about the graphics; I'm talking the package as a whole. Movements, expressions, animation, detail, all of it. Jurassic Park was a good example, because they use both puppets and CGI to demonstrate their story, and they did a very good job of it. A few (and I mean very few) scenes have some very rigid, somewhat skippy animations that isn't no ticable to people who's eyes aren't trained to pick up on it. If you replace "Avatar" with "Jurassic Park", and this were 17 years ago, you'd be saying the exact same thing.

I'm not saying it wasn't well done in Avatar, but the fact is, it's not black or white on the details. It's all about perception. Once Battle Angel comes out, you'll be looking back on Avatar saying "things weren't as smooth as we had thought", much the same as now that Avatar is out, people look back on Beowulf and say the same thing... And before Beowulf, it was Polar Express.
« Reply #30 on: January 03, 2010, 11:49:34 am »
It's all part of one system though. The animations are part of the CGI. I wasn't just talking about the graphics; I'm talking the package as a whole. Movements, expressions, animation, detail, all of it. Jurassic Park was a good example, because they use both puppets and CGI to demonstrate their story, and they did a very good job of it. A few (and I mean very few) scenes have some very rigid, somewhat skippy animations that isn't no ticable to people who's eyes aren't trained to pick up on it. If you replace "Avatar" with "Jurassic Park", and this were 17 years ago, you'd be saying the exact same thing.
No, the human brain doesn't interpret movement any differently per person, the only people who have trouble interpretting movement are those with bad vision.

Why is it, I have only ever seen Mitsu and Darklight state about poor animations, when I went to see it there was no such thing, every review I've read all state about how suberb it looks, sure some of them !@#$% about the story or some !@#$% but non have stated that the animations are jerky. Wan't me to tell you why? Cos Darklight has already said why... Yeah it's down the cinemas hardware. Not "opinion" or "Human interpretation" but like I originally said, hardware.

pxl_moon (dotyue)

Team Dekunutz
« Reply #31 on: January 03, 2010, 11:59:10 am »
  • .越//
you both should stop argument about the technique and how "a human looks at it" or not...

the story itself is a simple "last standing of a nation"-story like you can replace it with the American natives, the fall of the samurai or any other country, believe or race and so if you like or don't like these kind of films then don't go to the cinema, if you just look at the graphics then stop playing 2d games cause they are not the top of graphics anymore. rate the film for the film itself.

the film is in fact a little bit overrated, but every little thing that has fans is, and if someone don't like the movement after viewing it then he don't have to view it a second time and just let people view it which liked it better

~~Resources~~
~Minish Cap Style~

Minish Cap Beta:Firerod Icon, Majoras Mask:ChuChu, Ocarina of Time:Gossip Stone, Oracle Series:Link plays the "Herpes of Ages", Impa, Wand Maker: HUD
~GB-Zelda Style~
Ocarina of Time: Deku Caca
~Other~
Paper Mario Style Zelda&Link, Tetra Trackers HUD-Cleanups

« Reply #32 on: January 03, 2010, 02:07:29 pm »
uh, everyone here is aware that the animation was done with MoCap right?
« Reply #33 on: January 03, 2010, 02:25:29 pm »

It was pretty much evident when I watched it :P

Though did they actually mocap horses for the na'vi horses?
« Reply #34 on: January 04, 2010, 03:31:47 am »

It was pretty much evident when I watched it :P

Though did they actually mocap horses for the na'vi horses?
yup.
« Reply #35 on: January 04, 2010, 05:11:30 am »
MoCap can still look bad if the skinning isn't done flawlessly.  I'm not saying that's the case, I havent seen the film, it looks pretty awesome from the trailers.

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #36 on: January 04, 2010, 05:23:09 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
Indeed- still a lot of work to do after filming the initial mocap.

Either way though; my point was that perception on "movie magic" tends to change as time goes by and technology progresses. Movie does look sweet regardless.
« Reply #37 on: January 13, 2010, 03:07:54 am »
  • Team Dekunutz
Just saw it. Hands down amazing.
« Reply #38 on: January 13, 2010, 04:35:39 am »
"It was pretty good."
« Reply #39 on: January 15, 2010, 03:23:38 am »
  • CRUNCH! I'll add it to the heap!
Oh man, I just saw it last night. Mind = Blown
The plot was OK, nothing mindblowingly new and sometimes predictable, but I liked it. The thing that really sold me were the creature designs though. By far the most original and spectacular creature designs I've seen since the first Alien.
And now after years of mocking him the pretending he played a massive part in our lives when really we couldn't care less just to ease our consciounse over said mocking healing can begin <_<

It's Steve Irwin all over again.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.101 seconds with 74 queries.

anything