Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Avatar  (Read 6438 times)

Dantztron 3030

Mammy's Favorite Storyteller!
« on: December 18, 2009, 08:35:55 am »
  • b e p i s
Anyone see it yet? I overall enjoyed it. The visuals (at least in the 3D version) are absolutely amazing, and will completely suck you in. The story though, well...I mean it's not bad, just nothing we haven't seen before.
well i dont have that system and it is very hard to care about everything when you are single

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
Re: Avatar
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2009, 09:20:05 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
I just see Avatar as the stepping stone for the greatest film ever to be imagined--- Battle Angel <3

DJvenom

super-sage
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2009, 09:48:56 am »
  • Colbydude was here.
For the longest time, I thought it was based on that lame Nickelodeon americanime, because I heard it was being turned into a movie soon... It still is :/ by M Night Shyamameleon of all people too... I think I might check this movie out tho, based on what you've said.
I do art
I ermmm... DID do art
I do art
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2009, 10:14:55 am »
No I haven't seen it yet, but I am planning on going to see it. First movie in a long time that actually sparked some interest.

For the longest time, I thought it was based on that lame Nickelodeon americanime, because I heard it was being turned into a movie soon... It still is :/ by M Night Shyamameleon of all people too
That movie is called "The Last Airbender".

DJvenom

super-sage
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2009, 10:49:29 am »
  • Colbydude was here.
I know that now, but the show is called Avatar: The last Airbender, so you could see why I'd think a movie I knew nothing about titled "Avatar" would be based on the show, having been told that a movie was going to be released soon based on the TV show.
I do art
I ermmm... DID do art
I do art
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2009, 11:09:20 am »
Heh, they did some filming here for The Last Air Bender. In my city they have a Pagoda on top of the mountain line. They used it for one of the scenes. They're probably gonna CG the crap outta that baby. XD As a holiday side note, they blink the Pagoda lights on Xmas to signal to all the kids that Santa Clause is coming, and their asses should be in bed.
  • Pyxosoft
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2009, 08:39:31 am »
Overall, I enjoyed it. I successfully avoided the hype-machine on this one, which may have impacted my feelings towards it, but I can honestly say that I would have no problem recommending it to the average person.

Although the plot isn't going to win any awards for originality, (Dances with FernGully?), I do feel it was well executed as a whole. It tripped up here and there, both with length and the somewhat sporadic character development, but in the end I really did find myself caring for the characters, (or at least the idea behind them).  If the topics within the story were featured in a larger number of mainstream films, I may have viewed it in a more negative light.  As things stand, although far from original, the ideas presented are in no way common within the typical popcorn-flick.

Unfortunately, I was not able to see the film in 3D, (the nearest theater which I would've been able to do so is hours away from where I live). Every five or so minutes my immersion of the film was broken with the realization of how much more impressive the given scene would've been had I been watching it in the way the creators intended.  Make no mistake, the movie is gorgeous even in 2D, but if you have access to a theater that supports digital 3D, I can only imagine that the film's world is well worth the ticket price based on the visuals alone. This is, after all, the movie that's been touted as a new benchmark in digital 3D since the very day it was announced.

This is by no means James Cameron's best work. Not by a long shot.  It is, however, a damn good bit of fluff.  I definitely recommend it.  Just don't be expecting the next Citizen Kane.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2009, 08:49:21 am by Domo »
You rich !@#$%. I wish I could afford AIDs.
Payback's a !@#$% :P BTW Mamoruanime was here
  • [my deviantART gallery]
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2009, 03:22:15 pm »
Avatar is probably the best film I've seen all year. I really enjoyed the parts where they'd be in the forest at night with everything lit up. It looked really pretty. [spoiler=Kind of a Spoiler]I also thought it was hilarious when the big dozer came in with the huge ass arrows in their tires.[/spoiler] I didn't get to see it in 3D either, but that really didn't matter to me. The movie still looked beautiful. The only thing I didn't like was how some parts were really predictable, but other than that, it's a definite recommendation.
  • https://colbydude.com
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2009, 02:09:05 pm »
I got to see it in 3d on christmas eve. Overall I really enjoyed it, although at some points the story was a bit predictable, like when
Show content
they try to reincarnate the scientist woman in a native
, I knew it would happen to the main character in the end. And
Show content
taming the big bird
wasn't very unexpected either.
Quote from: Jason
Your community is a bunch of stuck up turds.
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2009, 06:17:45 pm »
  • I had to sew my face back on with string cheese
I want my money back, really...  It was like Dances With Wolves meets Disney's Atlantis... ick.  It was very predictable and very boring.
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2009, 07:22:32 pm »
It was an ok movie, although i "bought" a ticket to the 2D version, not about to pay like 10 bucks, to see a movie in a movie theatre i would have to pay for a taxi to get to, and back from.

« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2009, 07:36:39 am »
Awesome movie, enjoyed all of it. I watched it in IMAX 3D so it was pretty effin amazing to watch
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2009, 03:50:24 pm »
  • Fight the Power
Saw it yesterday. Visuals were pretty amazing but the story felt unoriginal, cliché. I'd give it a 4/5.

Currently Listening to: Mos Def - Summertime
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2009, 05:02:25 am »
  • :D
I was going to see it, but had other complications on the day I had bought tickets for (see: gall bladder).

I mean, I want to see it purely as a visual treat for the eyes-- planned on going to a 3D IMAX, would have been pretty awesome.

The story? I'm sure it's !@#$%.
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2009, 05:10:42 am »
I wasn't all that impressed with the visuals either...  The movement was kinda stiff.

Bludleef

Forum Dragon
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2009, 07:19:59 am »
  • Everybody's Gotta Eat.
It was a decent movie, but I had to stifle a laugh when towards the end when the girl picked Jake up and called him "My Jake" LOL The size difference was insane.  Als0, it was the first movie I saw with Michelle Rodriguez in it where I actually didn't want her character to die. So kudos Michelle.

SOME LINKS
 -> Bludsoft Productions
  • Bludsoft
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2010, 08:48:51 pm »
I wasn't all that impressed with the visuals either...  The movement was kinda stiff.

Kindda stiff?
The theatre you went to see the movie at is !@#$%.

Anyways, saw the movie today in 3D (first 3D movie I've ever seen). Absolutly amazing, loved the movie to pieces. Story being unnoriginal? Who gives a !@#$% it was beautifully told also find it ironic that people on a Zelda forum are complaining about the story being unnoriginal the visuals we're utterly fantastic there wasn't a single moment you'd look an say "Can tell that's fake".

I love the planet aswell, the ecology the way that everythings intertwinned, the plant life everything. I even picked out a spot for my mansion if any ones willing to help me build it. gotta have a head for heights though. And can't get drunk.
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2010, 12:22:05 am »
Sure, it looked nice.  But the way they moved did not look natural or fluid, especially in the scene where they attack the home tree.
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2010, 12:37:54 am »
Sure, it looked nice.  But the way they moved did not look natural or fluid, especially in the scene where they attack the home tree.

Seriously, I'd try another cinema, I noticed no problem with the movement at all. Even with all the explosions the way they flew about it was like they put motion capture on some people then blew them the !@#$% up.
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2010, 01:40:31 am »
The cinema has nothing to do with it.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 78 queries.