Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: My band at School Talent show!  (Read 1692 times)

My band at School Talent show!
« on: April 29, 2008, 12:19:35 am »
My band "Delvira" was at a School Talent show of our school a few weeks ago. Hyrule_boy came as public to watch us too  >:D

We played the covers:
- Nirvana - Smells like teen spirit
- Guns N Roses - Sweet Child O Mine
- JerryC - Canon Rock (this one was !@#$% up because the teacher forgot the backing track...)

If you're wondering why we don't have own songs yet, our band just exist for about 2 months. So we didn't have time for writing our own. (we have one now however.)

Deku_stick was singing, because our vocalist was ill. Deku usually play guitar XD

This is me playing guitar :)

Left: Lead guitarist, Right: Me (second guitarist)

If you really want to see the idea of how it looked like (and can't wait for high quality video) you can watch a BAD quality video recorded with a mobile phone:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZfbzo0r9Wo" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZfbzo0r9Wo</a>
http://youtube.com/watch?v=RZfbzo0r9Wo
« Last Edit: April 29, 2008, 12:23:22 am by TheRealDragonboy »
  • Virtual Security
Re: My band at School Talent show!
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2008, 03:55:48 pm »
No comments yet? Come on everybody! It was awesome :'(
  • Virtual Security
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2008, 09:41:36 pm »
  • odens knop
the sound in the youtubed broked
|LEUS HERTAN MINAT|
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2008, 10:34:36 pm »
  • Don't Worry Sir, I'm From The Internet.
That's pretty cool! The video is a little weird, it's probably just the sound though. I can't wait to see a good quality video.
Grimace is the demiurge, the creator. From him all things in McDonaldland have sprung. He is not a sin, he's not a menu item, he's just Grimace. He exists. He rolls his lidless eyes and flaps his lipless mouth, formless and terrible, a protean idiot thing from the depths of pre-history.

luigi

MoFD
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2008, 10:41:34 pm »
That's pretty cool! The video is a little weird, it's probably just the sound though. I can't wait to see a good quality video.

Same with me. It's cool to here about bands like this. :P  My friend has been playing guitar since the start of this school year and he is amazing at Enter Sandman, and also awesome at the solo. And one of my other friends on the drums and he's insane. Their band played in the talent show at my school, and they were sick.
­200th post (09/20/07)
300th post (12/01/07)
400th post (2/11/08)
500th post (5/07/08)
600th post (7/21/08)

MK Wii: 2750 1625 1262
Brawl: 3523-1727-8440

Gamertag: cyborgwhale
  • Cyborg Whale's Twitter
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2008, 10:53:02 pm »
  • Wu tang Forever
you guys should have been more original.
Anyone who's ever picked up a guitar knows how to play those songs
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2008, 11:19:31 pm »
  • Don't Worry Sir, I'm From The Internet.
Because making original songs is SO easy, miright?

You know, not everybody cares if a song has been played numerous times. I'm sure half of the people in the audience would rather hear something good than something rushed together in 2 months.
Grimace is the demiurge, the creator. From him all things in McDonaldland have sprung. He is not a sin, he's not a menu item, he's just Grimace. He exists. He rolls his lidless eyes and flaps his lipless mouth, formless and terrible, a protean idiot thing from the depths of pre-history.
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2008, 11:47:23 pm »
  • Wu tang Forever
Maybe it's because I've been in a high school guitar class where there were a lot of people who did not have a lot of experience with guitar and they would play songs like those every day.

I'm not trying to speak bad about you guys as a band, but I would say you guys should try and stop playing covers as soon as you can. It's a lot more fun to be playing originals.
(NEW VIDEO) Re: My band at School Talent show!
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2008, 01:59:34 pm »
the sound in the youtubed broked
Or the mobile phone sucked for recording videos..

Because making original songs is SO easy, miright?

You know, not everybody cares if a song has been played numerous times. I'm sure half of the people in the audience would rather hear something good than something rushed together in 2 months.
The point is, our band existed for just 1 month. We need to have a few songs ready to play it live. Writing our own song when we aren't used to play together takes a lot of time. We played a few covers because it's our first time. Besides, we have our own songs now.

Maybe it's because I've been in a high school guitar class where there were a lot of people who did not have a lot of experience with guitar and they would play songs like those every day.

I'm not trying to speak bad about you guys as a band, but I would say you guys should try and stop playing covers as soon as you can. It's a lot more fun to be playing originals.
Yeah, we are recording our first songs.

Anyways, before the high quality video of the school performance arrives, we've played in a rock cafe jamming session. This video has a higher quality than the other video. So I recommend you to watch this one to hear the better sound. The high quality of the school performance is still under construction. Remember, the piece in the rock cafe was a JAMMING session with people we don't know or haven't practise with. Me and deku_stick went there to play 2 songs.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UyLhU8EL_S8" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UyLhU8EL_S8</a>
http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=UyLhU8EL_S8
  • Virtual Security
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2008, 02:20:04 pm »
In the video in the post above, you are the only one that seems to be into it. Rest are shy emo kids.

Love your guitaring skills though.
the a o d c
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2008, 03:50:13 pm »
Ok, one of the guitars in that video was out of tune.

And I cry at that.
I CRY AT THAT !@#$% MAN.

But that guy was a pretty awesome singer.

.TakaM was here.
so my friend stole a giant bag of ketchup out of the ketchup pumping things and brought it to our table and we took it in the bathroom and i smashed it over the sink and kicked it around the bathroom and smeared it everywhere and we all took turns kicking the ketchup out of it and when we were done it looked like an african village was murdered in the bathroom
XFD.
  • Awesome Land
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2008, 04:06:17 pm »
Ok, one of the guitars in that video was out of tune.

And I cry at that.
I CRY AT THAT !@#$% MAN.

But that guy was a pretty awesome singer.
The singer's guitar has broken one of the middle strings so his powerchords are out of tune.
  • Virtual Security
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.114 seconds with 58 queries.