Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Rise of Hyrule (EDIT: UPDATED SCREENS)  (Read 6606 times)

Obsequious Eye

King of Glass
The Legend of Zelda: Rise of Hyrule (EDIT: UPDAT...
« on: November 03, 2006, 05:56:04 am »
  • Yes, I am mocking you

The Legend of Zelda: Rise of Hyrule

Introduction:
Excerpt from ???Ancient Hylian Legends: Volume IV??? From the Library of Hyrule, Third Establishment.

???A long, long, long time ago, a great sea covered this fair land. This sea had been cause by a great
evil that could not be rectified, and the three Goddesses flooded this land to save its people. Many
years later, the sea was cursed by another evil power. A young boy known as the ???Hero of Winds??? for
his supposed ability to control the wind with a magical instrument called the Wind Waker, improsoned
this evil away, and then left this land, in search of a ???new??? Hyrule. Ever since then, the Great Sea
has been slowly receding, until it is as it is seen now, no more than a collection of large lakes,
and the previous islandic landmasses are now towering mountains. And thus, many people say, the
Great Sea will continue to recede, until the entirety of the ???Old Hyrule??? is uncovered. However,
many people wonder if the Great Evil that caused this land to be flooded still dwells down, beneath
the waves, and if it's exposure again to the rays of the sun will be our very downfall...???

=======================================

You live in a time period where the Great Sea is about halfway drained. One day, your uncle, whom
you live with, goes missing. What starts with just being a small quest to find out what happened to
your uncle by seeing the Great Valoo turns into a larger one, of finding and retrieving the Master
Sword, then to catastrophic proportions where you have to re-imprison Ganon once again. This quest
will expand through, twist, and redefine three different periods of time, the past, present, and
future, and, as you find out, the only place you can defeat Ganon is in the present. The ending
(which I shall not divulge here) includes a very unexpected plot twist.

Basically, the game revolves around a massive overworld in three differing stages of flooding,
depending on the time. Throughout the game there are temples where you can move forewards or
backwards through time, and then can access different parts of Hyrule. Though not as eerie or
limited timewise as Majora's Mask, there is an aura of doom or foreboding that seems to hang
over you, once you discover that Hyrule is doomed should it ever see the light of day again.

Features
It has three massive overworlds, a myrid of new items, several villages to explore, over 12 dungeons (designed by A.S.), amazing music (by Josef Falkensk??ld), and a complex storyline that will keep you thinking.

Current Progress
I'm not so good at estimating percentages, but let's say around 15% done. Maybe.

Screenshots

Production Team
  • Obsequious Eye - Manager, Programmer, Tiler
  • Josef Falkensk??ld - Music (as of yet, overworld themes)
  • Alluvial Sphinx - Dungeon Design, storyline development (past the base plotline)
  • Open slots (programmer, Spriter)
I will not be putting in credits until the demo because I'm not sure what will stay and what will go, and what new things will be introduced up until then.You may notice a few drastic changes graphicswise if I decided I like something a bit better, or it seems to fit better. However, if you really want to be mentioned now, just tell me, and I'll put that in this post.
People who wished to me mentioned now:
  • Laigonaz - Day/Night Engine

=======================================

Support banner if you want to use it:

Questions, Comments, and Constuctive Criticism are welcome.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2006, 01:56:30 am by Obsequious Eye »
I'm watching you...
  • Omniscient Eye

King Tetiro

Leader of Phoenix Heart
Re: The Legend of Zelda: Rise of Hyrule
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2006, 06:53:09 am »
Decent, my Clock sprites are being used, excellent work btw.

(Are you using my day and night engine?)
« Last Edit: November 03, 2006, 06:55:28 am by Laigonaz »
  • Phoenix Heart
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2006, 07:35:52 am »
Good job, I like any screenshots. The titlescreen is very beautiful.

Good luck.  :)
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2006, 12:51:03 pm »
  • Master Of Disaster
Looks very nice so far.
Hope to see more from this

.TakaM was here
  • Lumeuni
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2006, 12:53:22 pm »
You know, you should probably credit whoever made those trees, because I'm pretty sure it wasn't you :P.

Anyway, it looks really nice. Great work!

Please, keep it up ;).
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2006, 01:19:36 pm »
  • Master Of Disaster
You know, you should probably credit whoever made those trees, because I'm pretty sure it wasn't you :P.
It's by .TakaM, if i remember correctly. Also, there are many other things that you haven't added credit yet (not that it matters at this stage of development).

.TakaM was here
  • Lumeuni
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2006, 02:58:14 pm »
  • [sic]
Why does everybody use those grass tiles? T_T They look terrible, seriously, nothing like Zelda and nothing like real grass either. In any case, looks nice, too bad to see that you're stealing OOT's HUD layout ( at this stage anyway", and the orange on the "C"-buttons looks a bit... falmboyant. Other than that, looks nice.
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2006, 05:14:05 pm »
Why does everybody use those grass tiles? T_T They look terrible, seriously, nothing like Zelda and nothing like real grass either.

Nice, thanks to see everybody bashing FSA <_<. It's a direct rip from FSA >_>.
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2006, 07:30:25 pm »
Wow nice, good to see a game with what looks like, some time put into it :D Other than the fact that the HUD hurts mt eyes, it looks great, keep it up!
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2006, 11:15:05 pm »
Looks good, keep it up. ;D The storyline is engaging but not immpossible for a Zelda game. Oh and is the twist, GANONDORF IS YOUR UNCLE!

Obsequious Eye

King of Glass
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2006, 04:33:26 am »
  • Yes, I am mocking you
Thanks for the input guys. As for the crdit things, as I said in my into post, right now I am not putting in credits unless the person wants them there, because quite a few things will be changing. As for the HUD, I am currently developing my own to use that will be different, the one there is merely a temporary placeholder - the new one will either have a 3-item option or a one-item option - I'm not sure yet. And for Laigonaz, I am using you day/night engine as of current (would you like a credit-thing in the intro post, since you brought it up?), unless I end up writing my own (too busy right now - but I needed some time effects) - it's a pretty nice engine, by the way, good job (your horse engine also helped in the inspration of how I did mine). I used those grass tiles because the overworld is quite extensive, and otherwise it seemed too bland to me. The graphics I did in the screenshots were the train tracks and the titlescren background (and I made a few of the letters in the subtitle) - the rest are aLttP/FSA rips of other ones tat I will credit. Final note credtis-wise: When this is moved to WIP, I will include a credits section, because things will then be more permanent.

As for the continuation of this, I will say this much: I am extremely stubborn, and there has been only one project I have ever started that I never finished, and that was because half of it was destroyed by accident. So, hopefully, this pattern will continue and I will finish this.
I'm watching you...
  • Omniscient Eye

King Tetiro

Leader of Phoenix Heart
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2006, 05:46:03 pm »
Credit would be nice, thanks. This game is very promising.
  • Phoenix Heart

Obsequious Eye

King of Glass
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2006, 08:08:07 pm »
  • Yes, I am mocking you
Credit would be nice, thanks. This game is very promising.
Given. And thanks, eight now I'm working on coding the beginning (opening demo - thing). The demo will hopefully be all the way to the end of the first dungeon with a boss fight (which is rather a lot - much akin to MM beginning to the first boss fight gameplay-wise). Thanks for your support!
I'm watching you...
  • Omniscient Eye

King Tetiro

Leader of Phoenix Heart
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2006, 08:53:36 pm »
When I release the year engine, you can use that too.
  • Phoenix Heart

Obsequious Eye

King of Glass
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2006, 03:32:57 am »
  • Yes, I am mocking you
Thanks, I may or may not need a year system, I haven't decided that yet, because it wouldn't be revelent to the storyline much - except for in a few places, where the weather would have to be disbanded - so it might be awkward.
Anyway, new screenie, with my HUD, and not a misfitting OoT one!
I'm watching you...
  • Omniscient Eye
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2006, 03:34:58 am »
Looks good, but I would suggest a different Link though.

Obsequious Eye

King of Glass
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2006, 03:49:06 am »
  • Yes, I am mocking you
do you mean decendant-wise (decendant of the Hero of Time), or graphics-wise (OoT-LttP styled link)?
I'm watching you...
  • Omniscient Eye
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2006, 03:41:41 am »
Graphic wise.

Obsequious Eye

King of Glass
« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2006, 06:00:08 am »
  • Yes, I am mocking you
Why? I think the OoT-lttp styled Link fits well. What is your reason? (I may change it if you have a good, convincing reason).
I'm watching you...
  • Omniscient Eye
« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2006, 01:16:46 pm »

Wow, it works really well :)! It's much better than any OOT HUD.
My only complaint is that the colours don't fit in that well. Oh, and I think you should keep that Link, but remember to credit the spriter of it (it's either OSM or MaJoRa).
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.352 seconds with 77 queries.